09/21/09: Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium: Calgary, AB

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Re: 09/21/09: Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium: Calgary, AB

Post by direwolf74 »

Great vids! What a fantastic version of "Looking..."
Bootlegger420
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Bootlegger420 »

Last edited by Bootlegger420 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gambler
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by gambler »

If anyone has shots of the little dude playing the end of Bobcaygeon, can you PM me? His dad's looking for some...

J.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

gambler wrote:If anyone has shots of the little dude playing the end of Bobcaygeon, can you PM me? His dad's looking for some...

J.

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Graham
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Graham »

That is so effin awesome.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Tthip wrote:
gambler wrote:If anyone has shots of the little dude playing the end of Bobcaygeon, can you PM me? His dad's looking for some...

J.

Dana - you really get around!

And that kid could be any kid - the hat and angle of the photos leave it wide open... in fact it almost looks like screw_ball... is he around any more?
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

chris wrote: Dana - you really get around!
I think the kid might be Billy Ray's Mini-Me. :wink:

And with the pics, I am just trying to fulfill the needs/requests of this great community.
And I am bored at work, even when I get around to coming here, I do not do much - but damn I look busy.

MINI-ME???
ImageImage
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
MountainHip
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MountainHip »

Please find me a picture of me singing, during blow at high dough. Thanks :D
(where's the half sarcasm / half serious smiley ??)
Bootlegger420
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Bootlegger420 »

THE UTUBE LINK ABOVE THAT I POSTED IS THE SONG BOBCAYGEON WITH THE KID PLAYING AT THE END
day_for_night
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by day_for_night »

i was, as others, very happy with this set list! gord was great. it seems he's taken to wandering the crowd (and did it again @ wednesday's show). its entertaining, but wednesday he went on a bit too long on the encore. still, great sound, great gord, great show :D

also, am i alone in noticing he is not singing or ranting over the solos in songs anymore? perhaps it was just the two shows this week, but he hardly said a peep other than scripted lyrics. it was a different feel for sure (i liked it, but am curious as to the cause behind it...)
gambler
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by gambler »

Thanks bootlegger for the link, and to Dana for the pics. I sent off the youtube link to my coworker - his wife cried when she saw it - couldn't believe her boy was on stage. He's 10 and just started learning the guitar last year... off to a good start, I'd say!
thebends
Completist
Completist

Post by thebends »

The footage of the 10 year old palying Gord's guitar is stellar, very touching. That liitle dood will carry that memory with him for a long time to come, and who knows, the experience may motivate him to become a performer. Great stuff, and hats off to the band for making us feel "were are the same".
"we've only got three hundred feet to go ..."
alexf
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by alexf »

epic show! those videos you embedded up above are mine, i was also right behind MountainHip and Gord gave me the mic too, i was too shocked to sing though :-(
Enjoy the videos, and check out my pictures on http://www.flickr.com/photos/dtx5401/se ... 430431358/

PS. I would PM this but i'm under 10 posts so i can't PM. Tthip, i'm happy to share my videos and photos, but at least give me credit for them. Don't just post them as if they were your own. I post them under a Creative Commons licence, but would appreciate credit or at least a link back to the source.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

alexf wrote:epic show! those videos you embedded up above are mine, i was also right behind MountainHip and Gord gave me the mic too, i was too shocked to sing though :-(
Enjoy the videos, and check out my pictures on http://www.flickr.com/photos/dtx5401/se ... 430431358/

PS. I would PM this but i'm under 10 posts so i can't PM. Tthip, i'm happy to share my videos and photos, but at least give me credit for them. Don't just post them as if they were your own. I post them under a Creative Commons licence, but would appreciate credit or at least a link back to the source.
Welcome.

Maybe read some threads, get a sense of how things work around here so you'd know that Tthip post YouTube vids and links in almost every show thread... And only the simple among us assume they are all his. :thumb:

If you are concerned about getting credit for your videos you should disable embedding and put a watermark on them.

(And clicking on the embedded video will link you to your YouTube page... so consider yourself linked...)