06/17/09: The Moore Theatre: Seattle, WA

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
mastodonfarm
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Re: 06/17/09: The Moore Theatre: Seattle, WA

Post by mastodonfarm »

That's kind funny, Violet, because I was looking for you in Portland, even at the Under Wonder bar (or whatever). In Seattle, I wasn't and you were probably two seats away from me.

My gf kept giggling at the guys to our left dancing like Elaine from "Seinfeld", and also was sorta upset at Rob's "effluent" look.

Great show and amazing seats. But the setlist, for me, wasn't as good as Portland. Maybe because in Portland I was on the floor, ad maybe because all the sing along songs on from WATS combined with newer stuff that I love. As opposed to Seattle, where it was very much older staples for the old timers. But the boys were great, the lighting was awesome, and the venue kicked so much ass.

Just out of curiousity, what were your seats? We were row one, 4/5 on the right side (just four away from center.)
restlesssoul
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by restlesssoul »

just got back from seattle....WOW. what a great start to my touring for this year....the buzz with the fans was that it was hot in portland and it was a great show, so i was thinking maybe the boys would be tired for seattle...not a chance!

I was 5th row Pauls side, but throughout the show, my girlfriend and I ended up getting pretty close!!! The new stuff was pretty great to see live....highlights though for me were Twist My arm, Thugs, Gift Shop and Locked....Gord was on fire. I'd never seen him do that little trick with the hanky, by getting it caught up in the wire and flipping it up to himself...then throwing the hanky into the crowd, spinning around, sweat flying off his head and perfectly catching a new hanky thrown in by the roadie....quite the sight!!! He is unreal.....

As always the venue at the moore is amazing.

here are some pics:

Us and Gord

Two Hankys, One Signed By Gord and Paul's Partial Setlist Signed By Gord also!!!

We Loved it!! Bring on the Three Vancouvers!!!!
Vancouver 1997 Vancouver 1999 I Vancouver 2000 I Vancouver 2002 II Vancouver 2004 Vancouver 2006 I Vancouver 2006 III Vancouver 2006 IV Kamloops 2007 Seattle 2007 Marymoor 2007 Vancouver 2007 Seattle 2009 Vancouver 2009 I Vancouver 2009 II Vancouver 2009 II Abbotsford 2009
Burnaby 2011 Seattle 2012 Kamloops 2013 Vancouver 2014 Vancouver 2015
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

What was Rob wearing?

Effluent is something that flows out... like a discharge from a river into the ocean. Perhaps you mean flamboyant? :lol:
restlesssoul
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by restlesssoul »

I talked to Johnny after the show too, btw and he mentioned that Bobby left immediately after the show, that he had to go, be with family.....

take it for what its worth, but hope everything is okay with him.
Vancouver 1997 Vancouver 1999 I Vancouver 2000 I Vancouver 2002 II Vancouver 2004 Vancouver 2006 I Vancouver 2006 III Vancouver 2006 IV Kamloops 2007 Seattle 2007 Marymoor 2007 Vancouver 2007 Seattle 2009 Vancouver 2009 I Vancouver 2009 II Vancouver 2009 II Abbotsford 2009
mastodonfarm
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mastodonfarm »

Not effluent, lousy vacation drunkeness. "Affluent". Heh, I'd be embarassed if I wasn't so drunk. I think the euphamisims we are using are to avoid the word "chubby". Sorry Rob if you actually read these things. You're still 10 times hotter than me!
VioletLite
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by VioletLite »

HAHAHAHAHA WE WERE SEATS 6, 7 and 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT next to you guys!!! My friend was sitting right next to you and I was next to her!! SO WEIRD!!!! Damn, wish I had known that was you!! You were wearing a tshirt that said something about 'Into the Wild' or something on the back of it??

Awww no I didn't mean that Bobby looked chubby at all. I wasn't referring to his body as such but I meant that er...... how do I say this without sounding like a pervert............ oh what the heck I went on about canadian genitalia in my drunken rant from Pdx so I am just gonna say it......... his jeans emphasized his 'manliness', alot. I didn't even notice it at first, a male friend pointed it out so yeah............ it was a tad disturbing that I had to keep looking at it once it was pointed out.

I'm not a perv, really. Just an observation........
All I'm hearin' is youuuuuuuu
ikky99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by ikky99 »

sean.bonner wrote:
thebends wrote:Excellent sounding Morning Moon was just played live on KMTT.
You can hear it again if you want:

Happy listening:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/cmcw ... bVhIRGc9PQ

This is only being hosted for 100 downloads or 7 days... whichever comes first. If anybody would like to host it elsewhere on a more permanent basis, feel free to!
I didn't put it on the tracker, as they are mp3s. Sorry for this "lossy" format... they are 320 mp3s though.

2009-06-17 - Seattle, Washington
KMTT - 103•7 FM - "The Mountain"

Captured by Sean Bonner with WireTap Pro 1.3.4
320kbps mp3
Split and exported with Audacity
320kbps mp3

01 - Introduction
02 - Morning Moon (False Start)
03 - Morning Moon
04 - Interview 1
05 - Coffee Girl
06 - Interview 2
07 - Bobcaygeon
Thanks Sean! Gord's voice sounds like he just crawled outta bed but it's HILARIOUS when they screw up Morning Moon and Gord says: "I'd blow someone for a cup of hot water with some honey in it" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then he says: "Are we live?" Classic.
mastodonfarm
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mastodonfarm »

Heh, so that was you. I hope I wasn't being too annoying with all the picture taking. I felt what I thought was a couple of "gonna kill this dork with the camera" looks, but the seats were too damned good to not take pics! Yup, that was me in the Eddie Vedder shirt! I was "that guy" - wearing a pearl jam related shirt in Seattle...

Hope all is well enough with Rob's personal life...
VioletLite
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by VioletLite »

Nah I just thought it was really cool how in to it you were. Too good to not take pics I agree. My husband took a ton as well which turned out great. I just went through them and saw a picture of you in there actually!!

Heh weird I was right near you and didn't say hi! Ah, next time. Are you hitting up any of the Vancouver or Victoria shows? I am going to Abbotsford I think next.

I hope all is well with Bobby too. Feel kinda bad now commenting on his jeans :oops:
All I'm hearin' is youuuuuuuu
restlesssoul
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by restlesssoul »

here is my five minute video of the end of little bones last night. in my drunken excited-ness, i forgot that when you turn the camera, the video will be turned too...sorry...still pretty great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXIUr-BUSoI

oh and hey mastodonfarm...are you on the pearl jam message pit? i saw you in the ITW shirt last night....and i was at the philly pearl jam show you are using for your avatar on this board....my name is the same on that board. HI!
The Horrible Esthete
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by The Horrible Esthete »

VioletLite wrote:his jeans emphasized his 'manliness', alot. ............ it was a tad disturbing
PLAY SOUND CLIP

:lol:
rsorbo
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by rsorbo »

I've been to five or six Moore shows and I thought the sound wasn't great this time.
Band was great and loved hearing "Locked" which they haven't played in Seattle for years.
But the sound was loud and muddy and the vocals got buried by the instruments and nasty echo, at least, from the balcony.
We were right center, row B.
Last Moore show it was a better mix and Gord's vocals really came through.
I hope they play an outdoor venue the next time through. The Marymoor Park show was great!

Rob
john cage
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by john cage »

The Horrible Esthete wrote: PLAY SOUND CLIP
I was waiting for that. How about the cucumber wrapped in foil.
thebends
Completist
Completist

Post by thebends »

by john cage on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:18 pm

The Horrible Esthete wrote:
PLAY SOUND CLIP
I was waiting for that. How about the cucumber wrapped in foil.
I don't like where this is going ... canadian genitalia, effluence, manliness, cucumber, foil ... wats next? :lol:
"we've only got three hundred feet to go ..."
thebends
Completist
Completist

Post by thebends »

Curious on the B set list pic earlier in the thread. There are a couple of notes on the set list that I cant make out. I'm guessing this is Paul's or Rob's, maybe Gord's set list? Did Gord play guitar during acoustic Courage?

Tak=Takamine, Jan\Jam=?, -12 = 12th fret capo?, Sun=Sunburst, ugly (Frozen)=?, TOB\TUB(Blow)=?

Any ideas?
"we've only got three hundred feet to go ..."