06/10/09: The Troubadour: Los Angeles, CA

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
rdownen
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Re: 06/10/09: The Troubadour: Los Angeles, CA

Post by rdownen »

Not sure about the 500 thing.
Looked to me more like 300 and the place was packed (although there were seats up on a very small balcony)
Agree with what an amazing show it was. Ive seen them somewhere around 50 times, including the 6/02 Artpark, and the 5/31 HOB shows this year, and this one was insane. Thugs...need I say more.
Unbelievably intimate, the floor was packed and seemed to pulsate with the beats.
First show Ive been to where I may have sweated at least half as much as Gordy. He again let another girl strum the guitar during Bobcaygeon (kinda bummed cuz she was standing directly behind me, he was holding it out and looking directly past me to her, thought about it for a split second, but would have been a dick move to try and move in, and Im sure he would not have approved).
Stage is unbelievably small, and was a bit uncomfortable for Gordy, first mic stand trick he tried, it slid down and crashed on the back of his head, couldnt have felt good, and he didnt try another.
Tempted to go back tonight. btw people were getting in line at 6pm for doors to open at 8...I got in line around 7:30, and still managed to work my way direct center leaning on monitors.
If youre in LA and are thinking about it...GO, you wont be sorry.
HIPLVR
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by HIPLVR »

Do we know if it was the DFN version of Thugs or the alternate version played during the first/second (I can't remember which show it was) Roadside show (and I think that is on a single somewhere that I can't seem to find...) - I was hoping to see Thugs the first few times this year but am very glad it's shown it's face and hope for a Fall showing :D
jgardz
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by jgardz »

HIPLVR wrote:Do we know if it was the DFN version of Thugs or the alternate version played during the first/second (I can't remember which show it was) Roadside show (and I think that is on a single somewhere that I can't seem to find...) - I was hoping to see Thugs the first few times this year but am very glad it's shown it's face and hope for a Fall showing :D
likely the version from DFN...I too enjoyed the original, faster version played during Roadside '93, but I don't think that version has returned since then....
HIPLVR
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by HIPLVR »

jgardz wrote:
HIPLVR wrote:Do we know if it was the DFN version of Thugs or the alternate version played during the first/second (I can't remember which show it was) Roadside show (and I think that is on a single somewhere that I can't seem to find...) - I was hoping to see Thugs the first few times this year but am very glad it's shown it's face and hope for a Fall showing :D
likely the version from DFN...I too enjoyed the original, faster version played during Roadside '93, but I don't think that version has returned since then....
I figured it would be, but I guess ya never know...had to ask.
srb
Completist
Completist

Post by srb »

Check the 1993-09-05 Kumbaya, Toronto, ON show. One of the best live versions of Thugs available (imho) :thumb:
rdownen
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by rdownen »

Pretty sure it was DFN version, i think i have heard the RSA version but was way back.
This seemed like it was original. And btw was done fantastically.
HIPLVR
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by HIPLVR »

srb wrote:
Check the 1993-09-05 Kumbaya, Toronto, ON show. One of the best live versions of Thugs available (imho) :thumb:
How/where do I check this out? I know I wasn't at that show...but did they play Nautical in the middle of NOIS at this show too? (they did that - I know they did it alot - for the first time I saw a ARA too)
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

srb wrote:Check the 1993-09-05 Kumbaya, Toronto, ON show. One of the best live versions of Thugs available (imho) :thumb:
HIPLVR wrote: How/where do I check this out?

HIPLVR wrote: but did they play Nautical in the middle of NOIS at this show too?
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
HIPLVR
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by HIPLVR »

So enjoyable...thanks alot eh.
NWOntario
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by NWOntario »

Gibson wrote:40+ shows and I still have never seen Thugs. I need this song in Calgary. thank heavens it finally made an appearance!
Now there's a bandwagon to believe in:

TTH, PLEASE PLAY "THUGS" AT CALGARY #1 OR #2. OR EVEN IN BANFF! BUT PLEASE, DON'T PLAY "THUGS" AT CALGARY #3 UNLESS YOU PLAY IT AT ONE OF THOSE OTHER SHOWS FIRST.

There. I feel better now. Nineteen shows for me and not a "Thugs" to be found.
sherpa
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by sherpa »

I've been Thugged
12/13/1996: Maple Leaf Gardens: Toronto, ON Canada
07/28/1996: Moore Theatre: Seattle, WA United States
07/01/1994: Molson Park: Barrie, ON Canada
Tthip
The Last Recluse