06/06/09: Artpark: Lewiston, NY

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Re: 06/06/09: Artpark: Lewiston, NY

Post by thompson girl »

I've got pics from the centre, row G, here:
http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d19/S ... rt%20Park/
jno
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by jno »

What a show! Right from the start, the night just had a special feeling to it. It was my ninth Hip show and it's easily the best one I've ever seen. The tracks from We Are The Same play so well in concert. I have a new found appreciation for several tracks off the album after going to Friday and Saturday night's show, Speed River, Queen of the Furrows and Frozen In My Tracks immediately come to mind. The Depression Suite and Now The Struggle Has A Name could be played at every Hip show and I wouldn't mind.

The first set had a great ending with Tiger the Lion and then opening the acoustic set with The Bear....oh my! Am I the only one that thinks they might have done that intentionally? Fireworks had a much neater sound in the acoustic set on Saturday. Didn't catch it initially, but Gord replaced Bobby Orr with Gilbert Perreault and then corrected himself afterward and said it should have been Jay McKee (who was in attendance last night). Wheat Kings was the highlight of the acoustic set, much like Boots or Hearts on Friday.

After the acoustic set, the guys tore the house down,opening with The Depression Suite and Springtime In Vienna and then following it up with one of the best combinations I've ever seen. Fully Completely got the crowd going, and the place just erupted for the double shot of Day For Night. Yawning or Snarling was a treat and following it up with Inevitability of Death was just incredible. After Now The Struggle, the guys really hit it with Nautical Disaster and Little Bones before an energetic encore of Frozen In My Tracks and Blow at High Dough. I have a feeling I won't forget this show for a long, long time.
VioletlightHeron
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by VioletlightHeron »

I have to agree with all the previous posters that the second half of Saturday's set absolutely blew the frigging roof off the place; Fireworks was an interesting choice for an acoustic number but it really worked. My two gripes; the sound was fuzzy and distorted at the beginning, you could barely hear Bobby and Paul over Gord's singing but they fixed that pretty quick. My other gripe is I wish they would stop playing frigging In View and play a wider variety of songs from IBE and WC besides In View and Nashville. Having said that, I have to think Bob Rock was on to something when he produced In View, because there were 4 or 5 high school/college age couples in front of me who screamed their bloody heads off and danced like mad for Nashville (a good song, but I've heard it too much) and In View. Absolutely loved the double shot of FC and IOD. Really looking forward to the Hamilton shows! :jump :jump
Buffalo37
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Buffalo37 »

chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Corpse
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Corpse »

Thanks Chris
Edward_K
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Edward_K »

sherpa wrote:I guess they didn't play "Asshole Jumps On Stage" tonight
lol...that was clever...
Buffalo37
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Buffalo37 »

Thank you Chris!
PatrickTheLion
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by PatrickTheLion »

Thanks Chris! I still have to get a flac player (recommend one?), but I appreciate your efforts!!!
emperpenguin
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by emperpenguin »

Thanks, I did :music :music
It sounds great!!
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Corpse
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Corpse »

grrr. Thanks Chris but I have no way to burn DVD's The aduio came out great though thanks.
Mark
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Corpse wrote:grrr. Thanks Chris but I have no way to burn DVD's The aduio came out great though thanks.
Mark
You don't have to burn it to watch it. And once this gets distributed I'm sure that someone will be able to burn it for you on a B&P.
Corpse
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Corpse »

Thanks