04/29/09: Centre In The Square: Kitchener, ON

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
sherpa
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Re: 04/29/09: Centre In The Square: Kitchener, ON

Post by sherpa »

laliber wrote:
sherpa wrote:Smalltown - no way - i don't think they'll ever play it again
perhaps... but it is the Hips Can't get no satisfaction song... Sure it is anti K-town (who cares) it has/had rock-throttled many early fans (pre NOIS) and held them for a 20 year ride

…no Small Town no Queen of the Furrows….
I totally agree with you but I also think that they hate it or else they would have played it at some point in the past 25 years - I think All Canadian Surf Club or Highway Girl are far more likely if they were to play anything form the EP - which I don't think they will - but who knows - It is nice to know I won't have to see another "Toronto" show in Toronto if you know what I mean - 50MC, Courage, NOIS, Poets, M@W, etc
bstrauss24
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bstrauss24 »

The first set is only shorter in the sense that they didn't play Depression. It has been 11-12 each show so far. I think people are forgetting to count Ocean up top.

Side note: I think we may have been a little foolish to expect sets the length of IVL and earlier. The boys are often playing 3-4 consecutive nights, and they aren't getting younger :)
laliber
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by laliber »

sherpa wrote:
laliber wrote:
sherpa wrote:Smalltown - no way - i don't think they'll ever play it again
perhaps... but it is the Hips Can't get no satisfaction song... Sure it is anti K-town (who cares) it has/had rock-throttled many early fans (pre NOIS) and held them for a 20 year ride

…no Small Town no Queen of the Furrows….
I totally agree with you but I also think that they hate it or else they would have played it at some point in the past 25 years - I think All Canadian Surf Club or Highway Girl are far more likely if they were to play anything form the EP - which I don't think they will - but who knows - It is nice to know I won't have to see another "Toronto" show in Toronto if you know what I mean - 50MC, Courage, NOIS, Poets, M@W, etc
why would they hate a song that distinguished them from the pack back in the day
..even radiohead plays creep from time to time…
sherpa
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by sherpa »

Oh I have no idea - I'm just speculating - maybe they love it but if I had to guess I'd say they don't -
I'd love to hear it again, though
emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by emperor penguin »

laliber wrote:
sherpa wrote:
why would they hate a song that distinguished them from the pack back in the day
I don't know why they hate it, but obviously they do because they haven't played anything from it, or even made a whisper about its existence over the last 20 years.

Also, wow.. this setlist kills last night's. Some may disagree, because they played Glass, Eldorado, Thompson Girl and the Dark Canuck which were incredible, but my god.. they're pulling out all the goodies tonight.
kvisser
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by kvisser »

I was at last night's show, and by this setlist I wish I had gone to tonights too...
Save the planet!! Wow!...although Glass was amazing yesterday
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

emperor penguin wrote:
laliber wrote:
sherpa wrote:
I don't know why they hate it, but obviously they do because they haven't played anything from it, or even made a whisper about its existence over the last 20 years.

Also, wow.. this setlist kills last night's. Some may disagree, because they played Glass, Eldorado and the Dark Canuck, but my god.. they're pulling out all the goodies tonight.
I had the oppurtunity to ask them all individually during the 2000 tour and the consensus was that they didnt feel the material was very good.I would personally like to see them reproduce it and add 3-5 songs to it.
Jack Straw
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Jack Straw »

I hope they play a suite encore.
Gibson
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Gibson »

GREAT SET.

Calgary is too far away.
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

Jack Straw wrote:I hope they play a suite encore.
I think they'll end the second set with Depression Suite.
emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

yep, this show has thrown down the gauntlet as the setlist to beat this tour.
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

emperor penguin wrote:yep, this show has thrown down the gauntlet as the setlist to beat this tour.
meh, guess this is where we differ Eric. I actually preferred last night's setlist to tonights.
rowdy-raddi
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by rowdy-raddi »

ill be honest, i kinda expected a little more out of the encore.... oh well, great show as a whole!
laliber
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by laliber »

trevor wrote:
emperor penguin wrote:yep, this show has thrown down the gauntlet as the setlist to beat this tour.
meh, guess this is where we differ Eric. I actually preferred last night's setlist to tonights.
04/28/09: was a better setlist imho ...
emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

trevor wrote:
Yeah, it's all a matter of personal opinion, and I definitely thought last night's setlist was awesome.. every setlist thus far certainly has me excited for future shows though that's for sure.