04/29/09: Centre In The Square: Kitchener, ON

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
BeerBaron
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Re: 04/29/09: Centre In The Square: Kitchener, ON

Post by BeerBaron »

Shane Kroeker wrote:
BeerBaron wrote:GREAT SHOW TONIGHT!!

The setlist is missing a song though ... "Don't Wake Daddy" was played towards the end of the second set ... don't remember the exact spot but I think it was right after Country Day.
If you are serious and not drunk, then that makes this list truly special!
I am 100% serious. It was one of the many highlights of the show for me.
Kitchener 4/27/09
Kitchener 4/29/09
Toronto 2/14/13
Gusthepolarbear12
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Gusthepolarbear12 »

Shane Kroeker wrote:
BeerBaron wrote:GREAT SHOW TONIGHT!!

The setlist is missing a song though ... "Don't Wake Daddy" was played towards the end of the second set ... don't remember the exact spot but I think it was right after Country Day.
If you are serious and not drunk, then that makes this list truly special!
Ya they played dont wake daddy. So sick.
After it gordie yelled: "ALL THAT AND HES STILL SLEEPIN EH??"
Or something like that.. i was a little drunk lol
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Another cool set! Man, these shows are amazing! I'm glad that Escape got played on my Birthday. :thumb:
Edward_K
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Edward_K »

so I bailed on going to Mexico City this week <for obvious reasons> and was hoping to get to one of the shows in the Ner' but couldnt swing it...so living vicariously thru folks here. Thanks!

Was really great to follow the setlist online and moucho kudos to BIGV.. and whoever was texting them to you! and hey, I even got one of 9 acoustic predictions correct w/ Fidder's last night.

I will be at the NYC and Boston gigs - nice to mix in a business trip with my favorite band! If noone has offered, I would be happy to relay the setlist in real time, when we get closer, someone please PM me coordinate.

And also trying to get to a few at Massey Hall if I can get out of a trip to London / Madrid - the only good (extremely selfish) thing about the flu is it is killing my biz sked...which may allow me to drop out and become a Hip-Head. sweet!
emperpenguin
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by emperpenguin »

Edward_K wrote:so I bailed on going to Mexico City this week <for obvious reasons> and was hoping to get to one of the shows in the Ner' but couldnt swing it...so living vicariously thru folks here. Thanks!

Was really great to follow the setlist online and moucho kudos to BIGV.. and whoever was texting them to you! and hey, I even got one of 9 acoustic predictions correct w/ Fidder's last night.

I will be at the NYC and Boston gigs - nice to mix in a business trip with my favorite band! If noone has offered, I would be happy to relay the setlist in real time, when we get closer, someone please PM me coordinate.

And also trying to get to a few at Massey Hall if I can get out of a trip to London / Madrid - the only good (extremely selfish) thing about the flu is it is killing my biz sked...which may allow me to drop out and become a Hip-Head. sweet!
http://hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 1&start=30
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

BIGVDOGG wrote:The live setlist for tonights show will be posted here shortly after the show begins at 8:00pm. Enjoy

Set 1-some tech difficulties! Yer Not The Ocean is in here somewhere!
Honey Please
Morning Moon
Gift Shop
Something On
ABAC
Dire Wolf!!!
Speed River
Greasy Jungle
World Container
Love Is A Curse
*INTERMISSION*
Set 2-not certain of acoustic order
Boots Or Hearts-A
Fiddlers Green-A
Lake Fever-A
The Last Recluse
Poets
Save The Planet!!!
Coffee Girl
Escape Is At Hand...
Grace Too
Country Day
3 Pistols!!!
*ENCORE*
Now The Struggle Has A Name
New Orleans Is Sinking

Unofficial for certain. 50+ browsers visited this thread tonight! Thx again to thebends fo sending the setlist our way.
Only tech difficulties here is my lack of productivity as I stare at the set list :what 3 pistols....
HIPLVR
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by HIPLVR »

The full setlist, in order, is as follows:

Set 1-
Honey Please
Morning Moon
Gift Shop
Something On
ABAC
Dire Wolf!!!
Speed River
Greasy Jungle
World Container
Yer Not the Ocean
Love Is A Curse
*INTERMISSION*
Set 2-not certain of acoustic order
Boots Or Hearts-A
Fiddlers Green-A
Lake Fever-A
The Last Recluse
Poets
Save The Planet!!!
Coffee Girl
Escape Is At Hand...
Grace Too
Country Day
Don't Wake Daddy
3 Pistols!!!
*ENCORE*
Now The Struggle Has A Name
New Orleans Is Sinking
HIPLVR
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by HIPLVR »

Gusthepolarbear12 wrote: Ya they played dont wake daddy. So sick.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
thebends
Completist
Completist

Post by thebends »

Amazing show, the band was on fire last night. We were row 8 dead centre and the sound was magnificent. There were three guys on my left that were going nuts (jumping, hugging, slurring, etc...) and at one point actually knocked my bb to the floor - I recovered it with some difficulties 3 rows ahead of us. Hence the technical difficulties. Other than a bit of a distraction I was happy to see them enjoying the show. All in all it was a delicious event.
"we've only got three hundred feet to go ..."
mahndog
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by mahndog »

Hey all ! ! !

Well just found this site the other day and saw the Hip for the first time last night. . . I was in AWE. . . 7th row dead center. . . Got a ton of pix and some vidz. . . if someone wants to let me know who to send them too that be great.

Best part of last night would have to be after the show we walked out back and bumped into Rob havin a smoke so got our setlist / Vinyl copy signed. . . What an amazing time, with a killer band. . . I hope that show was recorded cuz it was unbelievable.

Jeremy :-)
Chris Tanz
Completist
Completist

Post by Chris Tanz »

Funny how times change -- 3 Pistols gets a "!!!" and an acoustic Fiddler's Green gets a polite nod.

These setlists are making me sick to my stomach that I didn't try harder to get tickets this time around. They're going to play their entire catalogue over the Massey shows, aren't they!

ct
emperpenguin
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by emperpenguin »

mahndog wrote:Hey all ! ! !

Well just found this site the other day and saw the Hip for the first time last night. . . I was in AWE. . . 7th row dead center. . . Got a ton of pix and some vidz. . . if someone wants to let me know who to send them too that be great.

Best part of last night would have to be after the show we walked out back and bumped into Rob havin a smoke so got our setlist / Vinyl copy signed. . . What an amazing time, with a killer band. . . I hope that show was recorded cuz it was unbelievable.

Jeremy :-)
Are they selling the Vinyl at the shows?
mahndog
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by mahndog »

re:vinyl

yup they are sellin the cd and vinyl copies. . . the vinyl was 30 bucks but comes with a link to dl it as an mp3 for free, so kinda 2 for 1. I found the merch a little pricey, but gettin the vinyl was well worth it, 180 gram vinyl, and then bein able to get it signed that was just icing on the cake.

jeremy
Gusthepolarbear12
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Gusthepolarbear12 »

I either forgot how much of a great song world container is, or they played it waaay better to my standards this tour.
IamKirk
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by IamKirk »

Grace, Too was an absolute riot. Gord went apeshit lol. Heavy as hell. Speed River almost come off a LOT heavier than on the record.