04/29/09: Centre In The Square: Kitchener, ON

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
HIPLVR
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Re: 04/29/09: Centre In The Square: Kitchener, ON

Post by HIPLVR »

Gusthepolarbear12 wrote:I either forgot how much of a great song world container is, or they played it waaay better to my standards this tour.
Ya I agree completely. I mentioned the same thing in the review I did (and subsequently lost and didn't retype) - it was great last night. To me it sounds like the music (not the lyrics) belongs in a Walt Disney Movie on the album. Last night it blew my mind. (Keyboards were fantastic)
mahndog
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by mahndog »

Does anyone know if the audio for last nights show is gonna be posted like nights 1 and 2. . . I sure hope so cuz that was an experience and a half ;-)

Jeremy
Mr. Dave
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Mr. Dave »

thehiptracker.com is down for now, if it gets back up today the audio MIGHT be available tonight, if not the earliest it will be up is Monday due to Union responsibilities.
briansmccabe
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by briansmccabe »

I liked the description of World Container (the song) when the WC album came out. It's the most "Queen"-sounding tune they've ever done. That is to say, it has a certain dramatic sort of feel to it. I've always loved the song, but strongly disliked the live performances I'd heard of it - due 100% to Gord's vocals. Sorry, I know that chaps some folks here, but I'm just being honest.

Well, from listening to The Fan Club show and Kitchener 1 and 2 all the way through, it would appear as though Gord's channeling of Dylan vocal-wise has come to an end. Gord's Gord again. He's hitting these songs very nicely. I am relieved and THRILLED that it was apparently a temporary thing (~5 years or so).
Mr. Dave
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Mr. Dave »

I agree, these past 4 shows Gord seems to be his old self again. He's working his ass of at these shows too, we all know he's has trouble remembering lyrics but he is getting it done and done well.

He seems to be using the audience as a prop not just the band as in the past few tours and you feel the fans respond to that, shit he was washing hair at the edge of the stage during Greasy last night.
puckstopper
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by puckstopper »

Well that was just a blast last night wasn't it??? Although what was with the people in the balconies on the left hand side...stayed seated through the whole show!

I was really happy to hear some songs from WC. Hoping to hear Queen of the Furroughs and Dep Suite this weekend in Montreal.
GordsGal
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by GordsGal »

I enjoyed the show last night & have been impressed with variety of songs I got going to 3 of the first 4 shows. Also, noticed that Gord reversed his wardrobe ... vest in the first set and suit in the second.

Anyway, got some more video (handheld & it deteriorates as the night wears on lol!). In the end, I got Something On, Dire Wolf, Speed River, Greasy Jungle, World Container (missed the last tour so this was a treat & a fantastic performance), Boots or Hearts, Fiddler's Green, Poets, Three Pistols & Grace, Too.

I'll slowly put them on youtube over the next little while.

WesleyC.
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by WesleyC. »

Uh that was me and my wife and 2 kids sitting down for most of the show on the left side balcony last night. Hell we were on the floors standing and jumping for the first two nights and my hip could not take another night of it, no pun intended. But needless to say at least we were not the crazies sitting in our seats on night one for the entire right hand side of the stage on the floors.
Gusthepolarbear12
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Gusthepolarbear12 »

GordsGal wrote:I enjoyed the show last night & have been impressed with variety of songs I got going to 3 of the first 4 shows. Also, noticed that Gord reversed his wardrobe ... vest in the first set and suit in the second.

Anyway, got some more video (handheld & it deteriorates as the night wears on lol!). In the end, I got Something On, Dire Wolf, Speed River, Greasy Jungle, World Container (missed the last tour so this was a treat & a fantastic performance), Boots or Hearts, Fiddler's Green, Poets, Three Pistols & Grace, Too.

AWESOME!!! Dont slowly put them on youtube! lol
GordsGal
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by GordsGal »

Gusthepolarbear12 wrote:AWESOME!!! Dont slowly put them on youtube! lol
I should have said putting them on youtube is a slow process, lol! I'm working on it but it seems to take a long time to upload and process.
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

GordsGal wrote:I enjoyed the show last night & have been impressed with variety of songs I got going to 3 of the first 4 shows. Also, noticed that Gord reversed his wardrobe ... vest in the first set and suit in the second.

Amazing! My back magically Healed. I got to get better by the last Massey show.
GordsGal
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by GordsGal »

Something On ...

Gusthepolarbear12
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Gusthepolarbear12 »

puckstopper wrote:Well that was just a blast last night wasn't it??? Although what was with the people in the balconies on the left hand side...stayed seated through the whole show!

I was really happy to hear some songs from WC. Hoping to hear Queen of the Furroughs and Dep Suite this weekend in Montreal.
LOL I was on the left hand side... me and my buddy were standing up though. I noticed the whole right hand was up so no way I was sitting down.
john cage
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by john cage »

Mr. Dave wrote:I agree, these past 4 shows Gord seems to be his old self again. He's working his ass of at these shows too, we all know he's has trouble remembering lyrics but he is getting it done and done well.
Full credit to Gord for never using the teleprompter crutch. Sometimes forgetting lyrics is Gold - see Chagrin Falls from Calgary pre-WC tour.
emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by emperor penguin »

john cage wrote:
Mr. Dave wrote:I agree, these past 4 shows Gord seems to be his old self again. He's working his ass of at these shows too, we all know he's has trouble remembering lyrics but he is getting it done and done well.
Full credit to Gord for never using the teleprompter crutch. Sometimes forgetting lyrics is Gold - see Chagrin Falls from Calgary pre-WC tour.

Yeah both times I noticed it on Tuesday, he turned it into a funny moment and made a joke out of it, or laughed slightly after to acknowledge his mistake. The first time was during It Can't Be Nashville Every Night at the autodidact line, and the second time was at the top of a verse in Music @ Work where he told the guys to start from the top again.