04/28/09: Centre In The Square: Kitchener, ON

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
mrsardo
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Re: 04/28/09: Centre In The Square: Kitchener, ON

Post by mrsardo »

prediction: train overnight(acoustic) opening Set 2 April 29th!
nohochin
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by nohochin »

Wow, great setlist!
Saskatoon 11/18/96, Camrose ARA 7/19/97, Saskatoon 2/27/99, Vegas 8/9/02, SF 8/17/02, SF 8/18/02, SF 10/7/04, Vegas 3/21/07, LA 3/24/07, SF 3/26/07, Saskatoon 7/18/07, Brockville 2/21/08, Kingston 2/23/08, SF 6/13/09, SF 6/14/09, SF 12/10/12, SF 10/2/15, Victoria 7/22/16, Vancouver 7/24/16
BDS28
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by BDS28 »

Omg i cant wait to get audio/video of Canuck....

oh baby

best hip song ever!
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Wow! Great setlist again! Goodnight Josephine and The Dark Canuck must have been cool. Please keep up these rotations come June guys! I'd love to hear some of the unplucked gems from M@W, IVL and IBE.
mrsardo wrote:prediction: train overnight(acoustic) opening Set 2 April 29th!
That'd be an awesome birthday present... Even though I wouldn't be there, but well, y'know....
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

BIGVDOGG wrote:Live Setlist will be posted here shortly to the best of his ability as he is also taping!

Set 1
Love Is A First
Poets
Goodnight Josephine!!!
ABAC
The Depression Suite
It Cant Be Nashville Every Night
Morning Moon
Fully Completely
The Last Recluse
Courage
Springtime In Vienna
*INTERMISSION*
Set 2
Thompson Girl-A
Flamenco-A
Music @ Work-A
Now The Struggle Has A Name
Queen Of The Furrows
In View
Eldorado
Bobcaygeon
The Dark Canuck!!!
Family Band
Blow At High Dough
*ENCORE*
Throwing Off Glass
50 Mission Cap- CROWD GOES CRAZY!

WOW!!! :shock:
spottrax
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by spottrax »

josephine and glass..what can i say.... this is wonderful... might have to get tix to a few more shows... guess the skys the limit now with these rarities...
emperpenguin
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by emperpenguin »

Looks Great!! I hope to get Canuck in one of my 3 shows. This has always been a favorite song of mine....

I don't know about throwing off glass, I skip it most of the time on CD.
trevor
Completist
Completist

Post by trevor »

Great show!
Chris and I had a wonderful vantage point from dead-centre, second row. Brilliant I tell you!

Didn't shoot last night. The security was told "no detachable lenses", which basically screws me for any use of my equipment so I respected their decision and didn't bring the gear. And to be honest, it was the best decision I've made in a while! Even though we had a perfect spot for shooting, I haven't really enjoyed a show, from start to finish in a long while. I was able to sing, dance (ok, do the guy shuffle from side to side with a slight head bob) and take it all in. It's truly amazing the concert our favourite band still puts on.

I won't recap the setlist because it has been done here already but I will say hearing flamenco during the acoustic portion of the show nearly brought tears to my eyes. They played it Monday so I'd thought there wasn't a chance in hell of hearing it tonight, but it was almost like someone knew I'd needed to hear it! Thank you Mr. Sinclair for being in my head!! It's my five-month-old son's favourite song, and it will always have a special place real close to my heart because of that!

Anyways, if you haven't been out to a Hip show in a while, go and catch one or twelve of these gigs on this tour! You won't be disappointed!

Cheers!
trevor.
spottrax
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by spottrax »

emperpenguin wrote:Looks Great!! I hope to get Canuck in one of my 3 shows. This has always been a favorite song of mine....

I don't know about throwing off glass, I skip it most of the time on CD.
Funny how we all have our different fav's and not-so-fav's.... I have always LOVED Throwing off Glass. That song reminds me of a trip through ontario that my family and i took when IVL came out... I hope they dust that one (or A Beautiful Thing) off when in Detroit.... :thumb:
sadohert
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by sadohert »

After last tour I said to myself, "Make sure you go to as many different shows as you can so you get to hear the tracks on the other nights you're always so pissed you missed out on."... SOO, I bought 2 Kitchener shows, and Wiarton... Well wouldn't you F'ING KNOW they play Dark Canuck, 50 Mission Cap, Blow, Bob, Josephine... on the NIGHT I DON"T GO!!! FAAAAACK :nooooo

I have a feeling I'm going to be wishing I was a fully on travelling groupie for this tour.
Shane Kroeker
Completist
Completist

Post by Shane Kroeker »

Joe wrote:Wow what a great setlist
Yes, I loved seeing Josephine and Dark Canuck on the list.
How amazing would it be to see The Dark Canuck lead into Depression Suite in a nearly 18 minute jam session in a future show? :o
EricStoner
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by EricStoner »

I've only been able to get to a handful of shows in my life so far. Last nights show was so incredible compared to the few others I've seen. By far, the best concert I have ever been to.

Love is a First was the perfect hard-hitting opener. I was a little worried that people wouldn't get standing up and dancing form what some of the other reviewers said about Monday night's show. But Love is a First got everyone up, even the balcony and box seaters! Anyone see the one guy in the box seats, 2nd floor stage left just givin' er' the whole show? lol

Highlight of the night for me was hearing Thompson Girl acoustic. One of my top 3 songs of all time. Gord saying "This is just a little campfire music" made me want to go have a bonfire ASAP so that was our little post-show gathering.

Also, was great to meet emperor penguin too! Any luck with grabbing a setlist at the end of the night?
boot
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by boot »

Gord's intro to Dark Canuck went something like this :

"So... a few years ago, we made this album in the Bahamas -- Don't feel sorry for us -- And it's a strange little album. And this is the one of the stranger songs on the album... The Dark Canuck!".
inchanhourtragicallyhip
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by inchanhourtragicallyhip »

mookytc wrote:
BIGVDOGG wrote:Live Setlist will be posted here shortly to the best of his ability as he is also taping!

Set 1
Love Is A First
Poets
Goodnight Josephine!!!
ABAC
The Depression Suite
It Cant Be Nashville Every Night
Morning Moon
Fully Completely
The Last Recluse
Courage
Springtime In Vienna
*INTERMISSION*
Set 2
Thompson Girl-A
Flamenco-A
Music @ Work-A
Now The Struggle Has A Name
Queen Of The Furrows
In View
Eldorado
Bobcaygeon
The Dark Canuck!!!
Family Band
Blow At High Dough
*ENCORE*
Throwing Off Glass
50 Mission Cap- CROWD GOES CRAZY!

WOW!!! :shock:
Wow is right. I would have loved to have seen this show!!!
"When I'm wild and lonely, in a winter mind and I cannot become -
Wild and loyal in a winter mind - what I want to become"
screw_ball
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by screw_ball »

The Dark Canuck... I would implode into myself and create a black hole sucking in all existence if they started playing that at one of the shows I'm going to this summer. No joke.