07/02/09: Mile One Centre: St. John's, Newfoundland

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

07/02/09: Mile One Centre: St. John's, Newfoundland

Post by sean.bonner »

Post your review.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
wheresourpigeoncamera
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Re: 07/02/09: Mile One Centre: St. John's, Newfoundland

Post by wheresourpigeoncamera »

I'm pretty sure that I will be able to provide the setlist for this show. I'm praying to the HIP Gods that they play Pigeon Camera, Three Pistols, and maybe even An Inch an Hour in the acoustic set. That would be absolutely unbelievable
Shane Kroeker
Completist
Completist

Post by Shane Kroeker »

Newfoundland & Labradorians. Enter for your chance to win tickets to see The Tragically Hip on July 2 at Mile One Centre. http://thescope.ca/contact-us/contests/
Good Luck Eastern Hipbasers!
38Mike
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by 38Mike »

Gettin pumped for this!! :D

Row H on the floor :thumb: :thumb:

Anyone whos goin to the show tonight K-Rock 97.5 is playing a full hour of The Hip after the show!
Flamenco
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Flamenco »

For all those folks catching the show tonight enjoy! And hope you guys get The Dire Wolf!
wheresourpigeoncamera
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Sorry no live setlist but I'm having cellphone troubles.

Great show tonight and here is how it went:

1. Depression suite
2.Poets
3.Twist my Arm
4.ABAC
5.Giftshop
6.Direwolf
7.Morning Moon
8.Fully completely
9.The Last Recluse
10.Courage
11.Love is a First

12. Wheat Kings-a
13.Music at Work-a
14.Fiddlers Green-a
15.Springtime
16.Coffee Girl
17.Fireworks
18.Struggle
19.In View
20.Bobcaygeon
21.Nautical
22.Frozen in my Tracks
23.NOIS

Encore:
24.Yer Not the Ocean
25.Blow

All in all an amazing show.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Bobcaygeon
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Wheat_King_Gus
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Wheat_King_Gus »

Absolutely fantastic as always. Dire Wolf, FIMT and Fiddler's were the highlights for me (especially Fiddler's, for personal reasons which I believe MAv and a few other Hipbasers may or not be familiar). I apologize if there were any other Hipbasers there that saw me spazzing out at every note for 2+ hours. I must have looked ridiculous with all the fist bumps and swaying. ;)

I was lucky enough to get a setlist from a tech whose name escapes me (I believe he was working the board at stage left). Scared was on the set, but was not played. If there's any interest, I can post a scan.
wheresourpigeoncamera wrote:I'm pretty sure that I will be able to provide the setlist for this show. I'm praying to the HIP Gods that they play Pigeon Camera, Three Pistols, and maybe even An Inch an Hour in the acoustic set. That would be absolutely unbelievable

I'm still waiting for PC, myself. Too bad they didn't play any of the tunes you were hoping for. But by the looks of it, it seems like you got to meet the guys. That's something, right? ;) I really owe those guys a handshake and a heartfelt thanks. A few years ago, my uncle died of Huntington's at 40. He was the guy that got me into TTH when I was a little kid. I sent the boys a letter and got a response. That letter still sits in my grandmother's house where she keeps my uncle's things. I feel a large compulsion to thank them personally for that.

But enough about me. What's your story on meeting them? Looks like the airport, right?

Man, I feel like such a creepy, obsessive fan right now - one of "those" fans. :lol:
38Mike
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by 38Mike »

Yeah I'd love to see a scan of that setlist!! Scared would have been wicked, but I'm pretty sure they replaced it when they played Wheat Kings for the people getting married August 1st, twas nice of them.

To me, even though it was only my second time seeing The Hip, it felt like seeing a old frined for the first time in a couple of years. They told some old stories that we're all familliar with (Bobc, ABAC, Wheat) and some new ones (Depression, Struggle, Recluse). They even told some of those old stories with a twist (Music @ Work, NOIS). All in all, I just can't wait till I visit them again, to see what stories they've got for me then.
wheresourpigeoncamera
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

The story behind meeting them is pretty cool. Here it goes. Had a connection and found out what day they were flying in. Met them at the airport as you know. It was the World Container tour. They signed my WC hockey jersey, Gord signed my Coke Machine Glow book, and had an awesome conversation with them including one with Johnny and his relationship with fellow Newfoundlander Gordon Pinsent. Asked Gord S. to play Locked and Longtime(special meaning), they played both. At end of the concert, Johnny gave me his drumsticks, Gord D. gave me the Republic of NL flag which he carried on stage, and I also received the setlist. All in all, one of the greatest moments of my life.

I would also like to send my thoughts out to the band. Whatever the family medical issue is that they experiencing at the moment, I hope time takes it course and everything turns out positive. As Gord D. wrote on my jersey, "Happy Days" to all you guys and your families. Take care
wheresourpigeoncamera
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

I just realized that I really never gave a good review of the show. I thought the show was great( they could've a played PC, 3pistols, thugs, inch, 50 mc, scared...scared.. I totally would loved to have heard that, yawning, IOD, or dark canuck.) But I can't complain because the guys were in good form and they played a good, rocking set. Highlights:(1.)Fiddlers Green for the first time and it was probably one of the best songs I have seen them perform. Very classic performance. (2.)The Dire Wolf. What can I say, it's a gem. I was obiviously hoping for that one. I've seen this song performed several times and in different cities(Toronto, Hamilton, St. John's, Grand Falls). One of the shows highlights each time. Depression, Recluse, Love is a First, Frozen will remain live staples for the rest of time. Great Show and I hope it isn't too long til I see them again.
BoondockSaint
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by BoondockSaint »

I managed to catch most of fiddlers green. Sorry about the quality but there's not much i can do with a coolpix camera lol. here's hoping that someone recorded the show and that it'll show up on the tracker soon.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UVdlS6nNqP0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UVdlS6nNqP0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

There were 8 other videos here - but for some reason they were removed from Youtube by the user:

Dana
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Dana