11/30/09: HMV Forum: London, England

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Re: 11/30/09: HMV Forum: London, England

Post by Tthip »

MattyM wrote: it's only ever at Hip shows that I've fallen so easily into conversation with strangers, to the degree that we've been sure to say goodbye and wish each other a safe journey.
That is the reason I love Escape Is At Hand...so much. The lyrics remind me so much of the live Hip show and friendly experiences made there.
Best friend encounters that are only for the night.
"you yelled in my ear this music speaks to me"
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

They're dark, but it's all I've got.
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

Sorry - double post
Last edited by thompson girl on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Dana
MattyM
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MattyM »

Tthip wrote:
MattyM wrote: it's only ever at Hip shows that I've fallen so easily into conversation with strangers, to the degree that we've been sure to say goodbye and wish each other a safe journey.
That is the reason I love Escape Is At Hand...so much. The lyrics remind me so much of the live Hip show and friendly experiences made there.
Very true. I'll be honest, I hadn't thought about the lyrics that way, but you make a very nice point!
Come say hi on twitter @MattMerritt
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Dana
RenewedRoots
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by RenewedRoots »

Want to say a special thank you to everyone who recorded video last night and has uploaded it. A very special thanks to Dana/Tthip for the upload of Long Time Running. I was hoping that someone had recorded it, I had a camera ready in case certain favourites were played but was too emotionally overcome to use it so thank you.

Jeff
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Tthip wrote:
Definitely. The imagery in that song is amazing!
RenewedRoots wrote:Want to say a special thank you to everyone who recorded video last night and has uploaded it. A very special thanks to Dana/Tthip for the upload of Long Time Running. I was hoping that someone had recorded it, I had a camera ready in case certain favourites were played but was too emotionally overcome to use it so thank you.

Jeff
I've got an audio recording of the whole show - I should have it up on the tracker in a couple of days hopefully. :)
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Someone sent me a link to some more photos through Twitter: Here's one from the end of Poets when Gord had the monitor speaker on top of himself...
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

Sounds like this was a show for the ages. I loved reading everyone's reviews, and thanks so much for the video and mp3 of Fiddler's with Kelly Jones. It's brilliant.
Tubaros
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Tubaros »

Zenith wrote:Someone sent me a link to some more photos through Twitter: Here's one from the end of Poets when Gord had the monitor speaker on top of himself...
Excellent pics those - shame theyve all got a copyright on them, would be nice to get a record of the night
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Dana
Tubaros
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Tubaros »

Thankyou!! THANKYOU!
767F/O
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by 767F/O »

Did anyone get a video of Poets?
I would love to see Gord fighting with the monitor...I saw the picture on Flickr that shows the monitor on top of him!

I have read all the Europe reviews and am really missing the band - wish I could have made it over to at least one of the shows. The band really look and sound great and the venues look so intimate - really jealous! Enjoy.
Can't wait for the band to come home, get rested, and put on some shows here next year!
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

767F/O wrote:Did anyone get a video of Poets?
I would love to see Gord fighting with the monitor...I saw the picture on Flickr that shows the monitor on top of him!

I have read all the Europe reviews and am really missing the band - wish I could have made it over to at least one of the shows. The band really look and sound great and the venues look so intimate - really jealous! Enjoy.
Can't wait for the band to come home, get rested, and put on some shows here next year!
We're leaving at 5:55pm today from Toronto... if you want to come along for the Glasgow and Dublin shows!