06/24/09: Orpheum Theatre: Vancouver, BC

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
HandsInTheRiver41
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Re: 06/24/09: Orpheum Theatre: Vancouver, BC

Post by HandsInTheRiver41 »

direwolf74 wrote:
cpierson wrote:Man, it's looking more and more like Queen of the Furrows has dropped out of the rotation. Same with Country Day and Speed River, but Queen is the bigger tragedy.
They played Queen of the Furrows in San Francisco two weeks ago. But you're right, it doesn't seem to be making the rounds as much as other songs from WATS. That's a shame. That tune absolutely KILLS in concert. And Country Day is easily one of the better songs from the new record. It's weird that they hardly ever play it.
They played Queen of the Furrows in Victoria too on the weekend. But I agree with it being strange how they haven't played Country Day in what, like two weeks?
TTH: Vancouver 2004 | Victoria 2007 (x2) | Victoria 2009 (x2) | Solana Beach 2009 | Los Angeles 2009 | Victoria 2012 |
Portland, OR 2012 | Toronto #2 & #3 2016 || GD: Victoria 2010 | Montréal 2014
Marcus1970
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Marcus1970 »

HandsInTheRiver41 wrote:
direwolf74 wrote:
cpierson wrote:Man, it's looking more and more like Queen of the Furrows has dropped out of the rotation. Same with Country Day and Speed River, but Queen is the bigger tragedy.
They played Queen of the Furrows in San Francisco two weeks ago. But you're right, it doesn't seem to be making the rounds as much as other songs from WATS. That's a shame. That tune absolutely KILLS in concert. And Country Day is easily one of the better songs from the new record. It's weird that they hardly ever play it.
They played Queen of the Furrows in Victoria too on the weekend. But I agree with it being strange how they haven't played Country Day in what, like two weeks?
I don't think it's that strange. The Hip often identify certain new songs that they don't feel work well live and drop them from the setlist.

For World Container it was Fly and LNIDYDLM. For IBE it was The Heart of the Melt and You're Everywhere. It actually took this tour for songs like The Bear and Throwing Off Glass to get any attention.

I do agree that Queen and Country Day deserve more play. I prefer both over Struggle.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »