10/15/09: The Egg: Albany, New York

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Re: 10/15/09: The Egg: Albany, New York

Post by Tthip »

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
50bones420
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by 50bones420 »

hey this is for jerremy how you get down on some one for enjoying his 100th show. im sure you would have act the same if you ever even get too 100 shows. well it looked like gord enjoyed his enjoyment of the show seeing how he got on his shoulders during the dark canuk youll prolly never expreience that. my buddy lives the lyrcs to ecaspe is at hand for the travling man and if you know that song you would understand. this music speaks to me. that says it all
leothelip
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by leothelip »

Pudge7681 wrote:Calling someone out on the board like that is priceless. I too have witnessed a number of concert infractions like the ones you have described. One time while at a show at the Landmark Theater I was bulldozed by a drunk guy trying to make his way from the nose bleeds down the aisle to the front rows where I was. I had just had an apendectomy a week earlier and the guy kept elbowing me as he was arguing with the security lady who was like 105 years old. Finally I grabbed the asshole and said "Jackass...you paid for the shitty seats now go sit in the shitty seats. I just had surgery and you keep smashing into me like a drunk chick at a shoe sale." He got all pissed then went back to his seats and the peeps around me were rather pleased with his exit.

The funny thing about you and Jeremy calling people out seems to me both of you have 1 thing in common. You both get shitty seats to shows(I know a good ticket guy you might want to call him next time). I've been all over the World to see the Hip with my Pals . We have been to shows were there were 70 people tops and have drank and spent time with the band. Gord didn't just pick some random guy out and this being his 100th show yes he might have had to much to drink before hand. He didn't know that 11 of his pals where showing up for his 100th show so he had a little to much to drink before hand. I would never tell a friend to stop having funny when the fun doesn't hurt others. That poor woman you speak of was in seats behind us she shouldn't have been in the front row anyways.

I can't wait to see how you spend your 100th show or even you next show , I doubt 11 of your buddies will surprise you and show up when families ,wives,girlfriends and life get in the way. I saw my best show in 15 years and will remember it for a lifetime.

Poke fun at my pal but Gord will never sit on your shoulder and sing to you....
jerremy
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by jerremy »

Hi leothelip and 50bones420,

I guess I didn't get my point across in the post...

Great, 100th show, all your buddies there. Nice. Really, that's great. I mean that - it's great.

But people around him enjoyed the show LESS because of him. That's the easiest way to say it.

Are saying that he should be able to do what he wants with no regard for these around him because it was his 100th show...? If so, that's weak - and we'll never see eye to eye on acceptable behavior at a rock show or in life in general for that matter.

leothelip: The person he had the most impact on was to his immediate right (not the one you describe). During the 2nd set, even though he had second row seats, he made his way up to the front of the stage, right next to her. She was in her proper place with the first seat in the front row. She had to continually duck & deke and move away from his antics - and she was whacked a few times by him. Half the time watching the show, the other half avoiding this guys backhands.

That's unacceptable behavior, be it your 3rd or 100th show...

He has no 'I've been to x number of shows' right to enjoy the show more than anyone else or those around him.

...and if you think Gord interacting with him was some reward for his behavior, you didn't seem to notice the MANY times Gord and Paul made the 'what the f is that' face when they caught his slight-line. It was actually very amusing for those of us in his sphere of antics.

I'm glad he enjoyed his 100th show.

Can't you guys see what he did to her, to make the show a lot less fun than it should have been?

Jerremy
50bones420
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by 50bones420 »

jerrmey he made his way to the front because there wasnt any seats in front of us the stage was right there what are you talking bout he didnt rush the stage the stage was there. and also i know bout 100 people that came up to him after the show and also the next tight in pittsburgh which you prolly didnt make that thanked him for a great time. he said sorry to the girl next to him and if ya didnt notice she was into the show just as much as he was. have a nice day dont hate on some one who has gord on his shoulders whose has swam with paul and his wife in hotels and has been on pauls guest list which i was part of.
leothelip
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by leothelip »

It the end of the day the show was on stage and it was a great one sorry you missed it. If you choose to waste your time watching some guy in the crowd I can understand how you can get pissed. The person you should be pissed at is yourself as you choose to watch some big guy in the front instead of the band standing up on stage.

your right we wouldn't see eye to eye on life because I wouldn't direct my anger for my own short coming onto another human for having fun.

It might be time to lay the left handed cigarette down and back away.
ikky99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by ikky99 »

50bones420 wrote:jerrmey he made his way to the front because there wasnt any seats in front of us the stage was right there what are you talking bout he didnt rush the stage the stage was there. and also i know bout 100 people that came up to him after the show and also the next tight in pittsburgh which you prolly didnt make that thanked him for a great time. he said sorry to the girl next to him and if ya didnt notice she was into the show just as much as he was. have a nice day dont hate on some one who has gord on his shoulders whose has swam with paul and his wife in hotels and has been on pauls guest list which i was part of.
Screw spell check. Why don't computers have grammar check? Glad you got your grade 10.