10/15/09: The Egg: Albany, New York

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
barc2
New Maybe
New Maybe

Re: 10/15/09: The Egg: Albany, New York

Post by barc2 »

I enjoyed all the references to the 'egg' and what-? 4 different walks through the crowd by Gord.The thursday night reference and the fact that we had to sacrifice to be there on a school night was great. Got pulled over for speeding right after leaving the show-he let me go- I DONT KNOW WHY -and I had a few Molsen's to boot--great night all around I guess
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
sullivand
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by sullivand »

Tthip wrote:
Classic. It's like that was pre-planned. "Work your way through the first 20 rows, then turn left. I'll be there with my camera!"
mojo_mattv
Completist
Completist

Post by mojo_mattv »

shweet.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Dana
Chris Tanz
Completist
Completist

Post by Chris Tanz »

My buddy attended this show and has the best pictures of Gord in the crowd ... including an extreme close up, which, if someone can tell me how to upload it here, I would be happy to post.

He also got to sing (shout) part of My Music at Work when Gord was on one of his walkabouts. My friends and I can now die happy since one of us has had a chance to sing with the Hip.

ct
ikky99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by ikky99 »

Tthip wrote:
That is fucking great! And yes, I had to use "fucking"! :thumb:
jerremy
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by jerremy »

Hi all,

Great show. Lots of energy. Great tunes, many funny moments... Egg rants, 'Striped Shirt Guy', playful hankie tug-o-war...

Here are a few (not that great) pics the wife took with an old camera:

http://gallery.me.com/jerremy#100180

Chris, you can email me the pics, and I can add them to that gallery if you'd like. That was great when Gord was in the crowd singing to your buddy's phone.

I wish all their previous shows in this area over the years were at the Egg. 100 times better than Northern Lights and the Palace.

Also great to hear Putting Down, Thugs, Dark Canuck and Rink.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Dana
foedigs23
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by foedigs23 »

hey wondering if anyone taped the show from The Egg? I would love to have it! :D Keep me posted!!!!
Thanks alot!!!
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Dana
leothelip
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by leothelip »

I've seen the hip over 60 times and this by far was one of my favorite shows. It was also my buddies 100th show and Gord sat on his shoulders for Dark Canuck. You couldn't have asked for a better night for your 100th we should all be so lucky.
50bones420
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by 50bones420 »

i agree 100% dont think ill ever wintess another hip show like it
jerremy
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by jerremy »

leothelip wrote:It was also my buddies 100th show and Gord sat on his shoulders for Dark Canuck..
... I was wondering if he, or some of his friends were on the board here. We spoke to him during the intermission.

While I'm sure he is a nice enough guy when he's not had 27 beers, his antics during the second set definitely interfered with the enjoyment of the show for those around him. His drunken interpreted miming of each song, including the thrusting of his hefty mass into the poor woman next to him and his careless arm swings frequently whacking her we not necessary.

I'd ask that if you are good friends with him - and you are with him at a future show, please keep an eye on him so he is not ruining the enjoyment of the show of those around him. It was really carless and selfish behavior - and if he is too hammered to realize it, help out your fellow attendees and let him know.

Sorry for the rant... Don't want to bring down the discussion on how great this show was... but had to mention it.

Jerremy
Pudge7681
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Pudge7681 »

Calling someone out on the board like that is priceless. I too have witnessed a number of concert infractions like the ones you have described. One time while at a show at the Landmark Theater I was bulldozed by a drunk guy trying to make his way from the nose bleeds down the aisle to the front rows where I was. I had just had an apendectomy a week earlier and the guy kept elbowing me as he was arguing with the security lady who was like 105 years old. Finally I grabbed the asshole and said "Jackass...you paid for the shitty seats now go sit in the shitty seats. I just had surgery and you keep smashing into me like a drunk chick at a shoe sale." He got all pissed then went back to his seats and the peeps around me were rather pleased with his exit.