10/17/09: Ram's Head Live: Baltimore, Maryland

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

10/17/09: Ram's Head Live: Baltimore, Maryland

Post by sean.bonner »

Post your review.

01 - Love Is A First
02 - Little Bones
03 - Daredevil
04 - It Can't Be Nashville Every Night
05 - It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken
06 - Looking For A Place To Happen
07 - Morning Moon
08 - Fireworks
09 - Gus: The Polar Bear From Central Park
10 - At The Hundredth Meridian
11 - The Depression Suite

01 - Courage*
02 - The Last Recluse*
03 - Scared*
04 - The Kids Don't Get It
05 - Ahead By A Century
06 - Gift Shop
07 - Coffee Girl
08 - Poets
09 - Long Time Running
10 - Family Band
11 - New Orleans Is Sinking
12 - My Music At Work

13 - Frozen In My Tracks
14 - Fully Completely
Last edited by sean.bonner on Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
poli4465
New Maybe
New Maybe

Re: 10/17/09: Ram's Head Live: Baltimore, Maryland

Post by poli4465 »

Anybody going to this? I'm driving down from Philadelphia and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good bar to pass the time before the show?
knightrider
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by knightrider »

The Ram's Head is in a complex of clubs/bars/restaurants called Powerplant Live. I'm not familiar enough with it to suggest a specific pregame venue but there are plenty of choices a few steps from the RH doors. Find the venue & you'll find choices, indoor ones or out on the patio if the weather is nice.

I can provide a specific avoidance tip on parking though. There's a parking garage attached to the Powerplant/Ram's Head with interior access to the club. USE THIS ONE & NOT THE ONE A BLOCK AWAY at the corner of Market & Lombard which you'll come to 1st after exiting I-83 & will be tempted to enter. If you do choose this BAD GARAGE you'll wait outside (in the cold? rain?) after the show standing in a LONG line with drunken fellow fans to pay at a vending machine BEFORE going to your car, and then wait in ANOTHER LINE in your car to exit the garage. Not that I had that experience after The Black Crowes show there in August or anything when I let my buddy from Baltimore convince me to park there instead of right at the club where I've parked before with no issues. He's not invited to the Hip show ;). But you are :)!
buffalorob
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by buffalorob »

Fell's Point neighborhood just to the east a bit is an old, historic neighborhood with a bunch of smaller bars/taverns. Otherwise, you're next to the aquarium and Inner Harbor, which are tourist traps.
poli4465
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by poli4465 »

OK, thanks for the tips!
kbernardp
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by kbernardp »

If you love beer, then you have to go to Max's in Fells Point. They have an absurd number of beers on tap. It's a short cab ride away from the Power Plant where Ram's Head Live is located. Is this show sold out? I'm on the fence here. I'm already going to the 9:30 club show on Monday.
thebends
Completist
Completist

Post by thebends »

kbernardp wrote:If you love beer, then you have to go to Max's in Fells Point. They have an absurd number of beers on tap. It's a short cab ride away from the Power Plant where Ram's Head Live is located. Is this show sold out? I'm on the fence here. I'm already going to the 9:30 club show on Monday.
There is nothing to think about. GO!
"we've only got three hundred feet to go ..."
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

thebends wrote:
kbernardp wrote:If you love beer, then you have to go to Max's in Fells Point. They have an absurd number of beers on tap. It's a short cab ride away from the Power Plant where Ram's Head Live is located. Is this show sold out? I'm on the fence here. I'm already going to the 9:30 club show on Monday.
Flippin go you only live once!!!

Know some hip basers are making the trip down. Safe travels to all!!

DC
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

mookytc wrote:
thebends wrote:
Flippin go you only live once!!!

Know some hip basers are making the trip down. Safe travels to all!!
Took me 9hrs, through snow at times! :shock: Should be a good show!
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

Sunny in Hamilton, Ontario this afternoon :wink:

Have fun!!!
mojo_mattv
Completist
Completist

Post by mojo_mattv »

No set list! :cry:
kbernardp
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by kbernardp »

Seriously... I wish I'd gone. I can't believe I still have no idea what has been played. I am praying that they're holding out Inevitability of Death for Monday...
eriehip
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by eriehip »

don't have a setlist, but they did a killer version of Lookin for a Place to Happen!!
silverjet27
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by silverjet27 »

Kudos to the boys for an awesome and memorable show for everyone, especially the family in front of me, against the bar. If you were there, you know Gord talked to the kids all night, which was so cool. (It was even cooler to see how much it meant to them). Each of them got a hanky, three of them got drumsticks, and the oldest daughter got Gord's mic (after they played tug-o-war with the cord). Their ages ranged from 7 to 14, and it was all the kids' first hip show. What a family getaway! I think my favorite part was Gordy apologizing everytime after he swore. Ha!

All in all, the venue was great - very small, but it had like 3 tiers that went back pretty far. Not a bad spot in the house, I would imagine. You could pay an extra $10 to get "Rockstar" entrance before everyone else. My hubby and I were going to, but decided to have some drinks instead. Ended up second row anyways, so it worked out. The crowd was very active, and the boys had great energy. Especially during 100th Meridian - reminicing with people in the audience - the bald guy with the beard - LOL - hilarious.

I'd like to give a special thanks to Billy Ray for handing both setlists directly to me. You had me at FYE. I love you.

Love is a First
Little Bones
Daredevil
It Can't Be Nashville Every Night
It's a Good Life If You Don't Weaken
Looking For a Place to Happen
Morning Moon
Fireworks
Gus
100th Meridian
Depression Suite

*Courage
*The Last Recluse
*Scared
The Kids Don't Get It
Ahead By A Century
Gift Shop
Coffee Girl
Poets
Long Time Running
Family Band
New Orleans is Sinking
Music at Work

Frozen
Fully Completely

On the setlist, the boys had planned to close with Fire in the Hole. I was happy with the change.

See you in Syracuse and Salamanca!!
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

Nice...way to come through with the set list SJ!!!

They gave you Gus too!! Hehe..