10/17/09: Ram's Head Live: Baltimore, Maryland

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
silverjet27
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Re: 10/17/09: Ram's Head Live: Baltimore, Maryland

Post by silverjet27 »

mookytc wrote:They gave you Gus too!! Hehe..
YES!! I was SO happy to hear Gus.. finally!
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's the first appearance of "Kids Don't Get It" on this tour. Great setlist!

:thumb:
brian1175
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by brian1175 »

What a great show. Decent setlist. I think Good life, Recluse and scared were the highlights.
This was definitly the most I have seen Gord interact with the fans.....
mojo_mattv
Completist
Completist

Post by mojo_mattv »

direwolf74 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's the first appearance of "Kids Don't Get It" on this tour. Great setlist!

I've definitely missed it, nice to see it come back.
barc2
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by barc2 »

Can anyone remember the boys opening with those 4 songs ever?????? incredible beginning, would have killed to hear that setlist.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

barc2 wrote:Can anyone remember the boys opening with those 4 songs ever?????? incredible beginning, would have killed to hear that setlist.
I have never seen something that funky since they opened with Fire In The Hole a couple of years ago.
I was worried about this US tour being repetitive and boring - since they are all "one-offs".
But this is looking promising!
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
mrsardo
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mrsardo »

mojo_mattv wrote:
direwolf74 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's the first appearance of "Kids Don't Get It" on this tour. Great setlist!

I've definitely missed it, nice to see it come back.
never thought i'd see the gem make it back out live. a pleasant surprise!
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

18hrs in a car and 1700+ kms covered. Was it worth it? Heck, ya! I had reservations though about driving. I was thinking it was a bit crazy, but I also know that there's a reason why the minute I get home from a show I am looking to see how I can go see these guys again ASAP. And last night they didn't disappoint, that's for sure.

The Ram's head venue was pretty small, which was pretty cool - much smaller than the Kee or the Phoenix. The sound was great - usually I have a hard time hearing what Gord is saying, but last night everything was clear.

I'd been wondering recently why they don't play Looking for a Place to Happen a whole lot. I've only heard it live once I think, and that was back in the 90's or early 00's. That song alone made the trip worth it! I too, was glad to see Kids back on the set list. And I love, love, love hearing Daredevil. It sounds like they're going to place the "hiccups" intro now everytime they lead into it.

I can't say enough about these guys. I always have a great time at every single show.

Of course, no concert review from me would be complete if I didn't post a million pictures!
http://s627.photobucket.com/albums/tt36 ... 17%202009/

Last edited by thompson girl on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
knightrider
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by knightrider »

The Ram's Head is a great venue & I was so happy the band made it there at last! I had been dreaming of it since the 1st time I saw the place a few years ago. And they played a fantastic show, exceeding my already lofty expectations. If I ever had a more enjoyable night seeing the Hip it must've been one hell of a good time. This was about my 20th show in 15 years and this one is going to stand out as a near perfect concert experience for me. What's not to love about seeing the best show in rock up close, sounding amazing, with my good friends and making new ones? Add a bar & bathrooms a few steps away and an easy elevator ride back to the vehicle at intermission, well, I enjoyed the show completely and experienced it fully. Highlights were Daredevil & Long Time! Thanks to everyone who was there for the part you played in a very memorable evening for me! And thank you Hip for enriching my life once again - until next time...Chris
mojo_mattv
Completist
Completist

Post by mojo_mattv »

thompson girl wrote:18hrs in a car and 3000+ kms covered. Was it worth it? Heck, ya! I had reservations though about driving. I was thinking it was a bit crazy, but I also know that there's a reason why the minute I get home from a show I am looking to see how I can go see these guys again ASAP. And last night they didn't disappoint, that's for sure.

The Ram's head venue was pretty small, which was pretty cool - much smaller than the Kee or the Phoenix. The sound was great - usually I have a hard time hearing what Gord is saying, but last night everything was clear.

I'd been wondering recently why they don't play Looking for a Place to Happen a whole lot. I've only heard it live once I think, and that was back in the 90's or early 00's. That song alone made the trip worth it! I too, was glad to see Kids back on the set list. And I love, love, love hearing Daredevil. It sounds like they're going to place the "hiccups" intro now everytime they lead into it.

I can't say enough about these guys. I always have a great time at every single show.

Of course, no concert review from me would be complete if I didn't post a million pictures!
http://s627.photobucket.com/albums/tt36 ... 17%202009/

Hey Thompson Girl, are you the Sarah that chatted with two guys in their early twenties at the Belleville show last summer?
bstrauss24
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bstrauss24 »

I was worried about this US tour being repetitive and boring - since they are all "one-offs".
But this is looking promising![/quote]

I was worried about the same thing, and I too have been soooo happy with the song selection. I think playing smaller venues makes the boys feel comfortable with the "level" of fans that are in attendance.

Man that first set rocked my socks off! I'm approaching 40 shows and I've never seen Bones played anywhere but the last song or two of a set or an encore. That was a cool little surprise. Seeing things like Kids Don't Get it and Dark Canuck pop up gives me faith to hear some of the Music At Work through World Container Gems I really love pop up.

Has anyone ever thought about how fucking awesome A Beautiful Thing would be in the acoustic set?? I'd say Salemenca or Syracuse would be a great place to give it a try :thumb:

Great show....and I have a feeling the band made 4 life long fans in the front row. Very classy!!
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

mojo_mattv wrote:Hey Thompson Girl, are you the Sarah that chatted with two guys in their early twenties at the Belleville show last summer?
Nope. That wasn't me.
knightrider
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by knightrider »

Sarah - impressive dedication! I just looked at your concert stats out of curiousity, was this your 1st little club show in the states? Big difference eh? My experience is opposite of that, having exclusively seen them in small venues except for one big show at Darien Lakes a few years ago. I'm just so thankful they have never given up touring "down here" because, well, nuff said. Did you do all that roadtripping solo? Even more impressive if so! Glad you had a good time & made it home safely. Chris
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

knightrider wrote:Sarah - impressive dedication! I just looked at your concert stats out of curiousity, was this your 1st little club show in the states? Big difference eh? My experience is opposite of that, having exclusively seen them in small venues except for one big show at Darien Lakes a few years ago. I'm just so thankful they have never given up touring "down here" because, well, nuff said. Did you do all that roadtripping solo? Even more impressive if so! Glad you had a good time & made it home safely. Chris
A few albums ago now, I had heard a rumour that they were going to call it quits. Ever since then, I've been going as if its the last show I'm ever going to see. Yes, Ram's Head was probably one of the smallest venues I've been at. And yes, usually I head to these shows solo. My friends don't feel the need to see them as much as I do, so if I want to go, I go on my own. No biggie. I usually meet some interesting people at these places. :wink:

I love how after all this time, I'm still hearing songs I've never heard live, or if so, it was a long, long time ago.
spottrax
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by spottrax »

Has anyone ever thought about how fucking awesome A Beautiful Thing would be in the acoustic set?? I'd say Salemenca or Syracuse would be a great place to give it a try :thumb:

Great idea.... A Beautiful Thing in the acoustic set would be AWESOME!!! :thumb: