10/21/09: Variety Playhouse: Atlanta, Georgia

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
nautical
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Re: 10/21/09: Variety Playhouse: Atlanta, Georgia

Post by nautical »

Wow, when was the last time Little Bones was played second?
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

nautical wrote:Wow, when was the last time Little Bones was played second?
October 17th in Balitmore, and before that, I believe 2007-02-05 in London, Ontario.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
gentoo
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by gentoo »

nautical wrote:Wow, when was the last time Little Bones was played second?
Haha, I made the exact same comment at the Baltimore show.

Actually the first 3 songs were exactly the same as in Baltimore. I guess they thought it was as good an opener as I thought it was.
bstrauss24
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by bstrauss24 »

Lots of trends, including the acoustic tunes, but Baltimore was a great show, so I don't blame them,
highwaygirl22
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by highwaygirl22 »

I must say this was probably one of my favourite shows, but it probably had more to do with the venue than anything. This is only the third time that I've seen them in a small venue like this, the first two being the San Fran shows earlier this summer. Highlights for me were chatting with Johnny before the show, singing "Love is a Curse", and just the overall experience of the night as a whole.

Some guy groped Gord during Long Time Running. Gord did a rant about it, the guy was quickly removed from the crowd. Gord seemed genuinely pissed about it, pacing back and forth throughout the song across the stage. He even made a comment that it ruined the whole song. He did a bit of the "do you remember" rant that he did in Hamilton show while he was in the crowd as well.

I have some pics, and recorded Long Time Running, Morning Moon and Wheat Kings. Not sure how well they turned out, is it possible to be too close? I'll post them once I have them uploaded.

I left Atlanta with a setlist, drum stick, guitar pick. I met some awesome people, which is nothing new when attending a Hip show. Definately an experience I will never forget!
highwaygirl22
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by highwaygirl22 »

I posted some of the pics on The Hip's page on Facebook, which can be found here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.ph ... p?v=photos
treeman
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by treeman »

Nice pics...........

Great to see all of us Sabres fans in the crowd.
That "groping" was very inappropriate.........
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
highwaygirl22
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by highwaygirl22 »

Thanks for those videos! That would be me singing "Love is a Curse" Glad someone caught it :-)

I've uploaded my first video, although not sure how to put it in here. Can you assist?
highwaygirl22
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by highwaygirl22 »

Post #10, I can now send private messages :)

Here's two videos, you have to turn your head sideways, I don't know how to rotate video.

duoglide
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by duoglide »

Re: groping

Just got back from a week stateside, hence the late reply.

I was front row, what an experience. 300 people there at the beginning, many thought there would be an opener.

I remember camping out for tix to see the Hip in Canada. Here I am front row in a small venue. Canucks from all over were there. Some still living in Canada like me, others now working in the States made the trek. It was like a family reunion, only we didn't know each other before the show.

As for the groping. Here is the story, I saw the whole thing go down. There were four hot girls dancing in the front row. Big time fans, knew all the words to the songs and the band was waving at them all night, as if to say 'nice to see you again.'

Anyway, this wasted guy creeps up behind one of the hot girls and bear hugs her, groping her chest. Gord sees this while singing and says on the mic 'are you OK with that?'' as in, is that your boyfriend sort of a thing. The girls shakes her head no and then Gord says during the song: "hey man, she's a woman, not a prize."

The guy keeps acting like a jackass, and Gord is giving him a serious stare down, looking out for his fans. Gord, sings near the girl, kinda of in a protective way but this douche keeps creeping on her. The drunk then goes to high five Gord, but Downie has had enough and grabs the guys hand and puts it on his package and says "hey, why don't you grope me?'

Bouncer then kicks said drunk out of the bar.

Kinda killed the mood of the song, but it was nice to see Gordo stick up for his fans. Everyone should be able to have a good time at the show.

Lots of Sabres jerseys and Leafs jerseys there. All good people save one idiot old man from Buffalo who was trashing Canada in line before the show. You don't have to like my country, but don't trash it unprovoked, especially when you're there to see a Canadian band.

Venue was very solid. How can I ever go to a huge stadium to see the Hip again?
redhill
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by redhill »

duoglide wrote:Re: groping

Just got back from a week stateside, hence the late reply.

I was front row, what an experience. 300 people there at the beginning, many thought there would be an opener.

I remember camping out for tix to see the Hip in Canada. Here I am front row in a small venue. Canucks from all over were there. Some still living in Canada like me, others now working in the States made the trek. It was like a family reunion, only we didn't know each other before the show.

As for the groping. Here is the story, I saw the whole thing go down. There were four hot girls dancing in the front row. Big time fans, knew all the words to the songs and the band was waving at them all night, as if to say 'nice to see you again.'

Anyway, this wasted guy creeps up behind one of the hot girls and bear hugs her, groping her chest. Gord sees this while singing and says on the mic 'are you OK with that?'' as in, is that your boyfriend sort of a thing. The girls shakes her head no and then Gord says during the song: "hey man, she's a woman, not a prize."

The guy keeps acting like a jackass, and Gord is giving him a serious stare down, looking out for his fans. Gord, sings near the girl, kinda of in a protective way but this douche keeps creeping on her. The drunk then goes to high five Gord, but Downie has had enough and grabs the guys hand and puts it on his package and says "hey, why don't you grope me?'

Bouncer then kicks said drunk out of the bar.

Kinda killed the mood of the song, but it was nice to see Gordo stick up for his fans. Everyone should be able to have a good time at the show.
Lots of Sabres jerseys and Leafs jerseys there. All good people save one idiot old man from Buffalo who was trashing Canada in line before the show. You don't have to like my country, but don't trash it unprovoked, especially when you're there to see a Canadian band.

Venue was very solid. How can I ever go to a huge stadium to see the Hip again?
good post...thanks
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Anyway, this wasted guy creeps up behind one of the hot girls and bear hugs her, groping her chest.
1234.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dana
mojo_mattv
Completist
Completist

Post by mojo_mattv »

Tthip wrote:

Anyway, this wasted guy creeps up behind one of the hot girls and bear hugs her, groping her chest.
1234.JPG
YES SMBC! That's a great story btw.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Dana