11/25/09: Oosterport: Groningen, Netherlands

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
Blindwilly
New Maybe
New Maybe

Re: 11/25/09: Oosterport: Groningen, Netherlands

Post by Blindwilly »

I highly recommend seeing the Hip in Europe. I am from Australia and happened to be in Groningen when the Hip were in town too. (BTW same thing happened when I was in LA in '96 and London in '99).
It was my third show in 13 years - they don't get south of the equator much - but it was the first when I could walk right up to the stage. It was so damn good!
I stood in front of Rob Baker for 2 hours and just drank up that man's skill with a guitar. Gordon Downie was brilliant and I have a heap of live shows from the web but to see it for real was excellent!
The set list was great, the intensity was high and the band did not scrimp despite the fact the crowd was only in the hundreds and not the thousands.
I am a newbie here but can I ask 2 favours:
- if someone has this taped please contact me. I would love a copy of the show.
- get the Hip to come to Australia. Please! If you have some influence telling we have been hanging out for a tour since Fully Completely!
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Blindwilly wrote: - if someone has this taped please contact me. I would love a copy of the show.
If it was taped, it will turn up on The Hip Tracker sooner or later.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Zenith wrote:
Blindwilly wrote: - if someone has this taped please contact me. I would love a copy of the show.
If it was taped, it will turn up on The Hip Tracker sooner or later.
It was taped. A user at taperssection recorded it and said he will post it... eventually.
Blindwilly
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Blindwilly »

Gents, thanks for the heads up. Will keep an eye out for it.