10/03/09: Hamilton Place: Hamilton, Ontario

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
HIPLVR
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

10/03/09: Hamilton Place: Hamilton, Ontario

Post by HIPLVR »

I didn't see a topic for this in the review section - couldn't figure out how to post over there either - so here I am.

Looking forward to the show tonight.

Last night was DFN "lite" - I'm hoping tonight is the exact opposite. On the drive down we listened to the album front to back (first time in awhile due to the random play on iPod and iTunes) - tune after tune - simply stellar.

Looking for one of Thugs, TT, So Hard Done By (not likely due to the play the other night) or IOD. Grace is my fav so certainly hoping to see this (opener?)(glad they didn't play it last night - gives me a better chance) and obviously Greasy Jungle wouldn't hurt my feelings. Acoustic Inch would be sweet too - although unlikely I suppose.

I'm also hoping for an unplayed tune tonight, being the last CAN show, maybe something to lead them into the states with. Acoustic 38 yrs old? Maybe Cordelia...a guy can dream can't he.

I'm thinking DFN or PP in the acoustic set tonight - maybe The Rules? Would be nice, been awhile.

If someone is online and passes along their cell I can text the setlist - certainly have enjoyed setlist updates in the past and want to do my part. (I'm leaving here at 7 - takes 1/2 hour to get an elevator around this joint).

I'll put it up after the show if I'm not passing it along.

Til alter - cheers to all.
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Re: 10/03/09: Hamilton Place: Hamilton, Ontario

Post by mookytc »

Paul kicks ass...Paul and Gordon absolutely tore up Daredevil. Boots or Hearts, DWD, Flamenco, Pigeon Camera, Grace, 50, THREE PISTOLS, etc., etc..

Did I mention Paul kicks ass?
thecompletist
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by thecompletist »

I'd take those over last nights list anyday
drop NOIS and give us Grace as a staple for the love of gord
at least I didn't hear fireworks last night...

how about tonight?
VioletLite
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by VioletLite »

mookytc wrote:Paul kicks ass...Paul and Gordon absolutely tore up Daredevil. Boots or Hearts, DWD, Flamenco, Pigeon Camera, Grace, 50, THREE PISTOLS, etc., etc..

I'm already frothing at the mouth over that setlist and that's probably only a third of it. Joysus.
All I'm hearin' is youuuuuuuu
the_wheat_king
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by the_wheat_king »

Just got in....great setlist tonight!!....some highlights for me...in no particular order as they pop into my head:
Don't Wake Daddy
THUGS
Daredevil
Grace too (got everyone on their feet)
PIGEON CAMERA
Three Pistols
50 Mission Cap
3 acoustic songs were Boots or Hearts, Flamenco, Scared
the depression suite
NOIS
Fireworks
Honey Please
In View
Morning Moon
Now the struggle has a name
Bobcaygeon
Nautical Disaster
Fire in the hole
Music @ Work
100th Merdian
Love is a First

there must be a couple more, just can't think of them.......all in all a great show!
02/18/99Hamilton * 12/03/00Toronto * 12/21/00Hamilton * 10/21/01Toronto * 10/15/02Toronto * 12/30/02Hamilton * 06/21/03Toronto * 09/06/03Barrie * 07/01/04Toronto * 07/23/04Darien Lake * 11/26/04Toronto * 11/27/04London * 12/31/04Hamilton * 06/18/06Guelph * 02/06/07Hamilton * 02/08/07Toronto * 09/30/09Hamilton * 10/03/09Hamilton * 06/28/12Niagara-on-the-Lake * 02/05/2013Kitchener * 02/14/2013Toronto * 02/20/2015Montreal * 07/01/2015Toronto
thecompletist
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by thecompletist »

Now there is a setlist
Fireworks for the washroom and the rest is very decent!!
Good for all who went tonight!!
grimes
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by grimes »

HIPLVR wrote:Last night was DFN "lite" - I'm hoping tonight is the exact opposite.
Looks like you got your wish - I counted 6 from DFN. Great setlist. I took a ton of picutres from my spot in the centre of the second row, hopefully a few of them turned out ok. I also did video of Morning Moon, Boots or Hearts, and Nautical. I'll try to get those up on youtube tomorrow.
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

mookytc wrote:Paul kicks ass...Paul and Gordon absolutely tore up Daredevil. Boots or Hearts, DWD, Flamenco, Pigeon Camera, Grace, 50, THREE PISTOLS, etc., etc..

Just want to give a special thanks to Suzie (before and after show), Mia and Jon Paul (spelling) for keeping me company and sharing the special event.

Hipbase spirit and love....was feeling it last night for sure.
HIPLVR
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by HIPLVR »

Got in from the show last night and had an email from my wife's mom that her dad is in ICU, very ill, "touch and go" as the doc calls it. Didn't get a chance to post - looks like some others covered the set list. Won't let us into the hospital til 2 :S

Here is the list in order -

Depression
NOIS
Daddy
Exact
Pigeon
Morning
Fireworks
Thugs
In View
100th
Love Is

Int

Boots
Flamenco
Scared
Grace
Bobc
Daredevil
Nautical
Struggle
Courage
Honey
Three Pistols
Music @ Work

50 MC
Fire in the Hole

Simply amazing show. Best one I've been to all year (and I was at Kitch 3 which was a great setlist).

Stood in front of Paul - the guy is just awesome. I think they have special lights on him to make it look like he sweats - he wants us to think he's human or something - crazy guy - like we don't already know he's a machine.

Got to sing Music @ Work with Gordie, that was fun.

My wife's favourite is Pigeon Camera, mine is Grace, Too and my hope for a DFN heavy list made the whole night, save the scary email, fantastic.
As much as I don't really like Fireworks, In View and Music @ Work on the discs, they simply rock them out in concert.

100th was a highlight for me - best version of that tune I've heard in a long time. "Remember that day we went purse shopping?"

Not much else to say - I couldn't have asked for a better set list. My ears are still ringing...
lfarb
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by lfarb »

It was my first show! I had a great time.

"Remember that day I introduced you two? I told you to just BE YOURSELF!"
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

So apparently Gord remembers the time that I went purse shopping, but I was really supposed to be at the library. :D
My fast fingers somehow managed to get me a front row seat to last night's show. If you're ever to get a front row seat, a small theatre is the place to get it. There were only 12 seats in the front row!

I have no real comments on the setlist. Thugs was so on. During Meridian, Gord came down in front and did a, "I remember everything, do you remember...." rant thing with a few of us.

As on Wednesday, when they started playing the chords to Grace, and I was standing right at the stage, I couldn't help but think that it doesn't get any better than this.

I was starting to think I'd be the only girl in the first or second row who was denied a hanky, but finally, during Music @ Work, when he was standing right above me, Gord dropped one out of his hand for me. Phew.

Here's the view from the front row (somethng I'll probably never experience again anytime soon): http://s627.photobucket.com/albums/tt36 ... mview=grid

I'm assuming that was Gord's daughter that he had come strum the guitar? That was actually really touching to watch.

Anyway, to sum it all up, I had a great time in the Hammer. Two great experiences and an on-going love and appreciation for these guys. :thumb:
jgardz
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by jgardz »

great show, gordie threw my wife 2 hankies...man they are gross...got some awesome pics from 2nd row centre, lots of interactions with gord as he repeatedly went into the crowd right where we were....coulda done without getting clotheslined by the mic cord though!...only gripe was this: when the security allowed the first row to move up after the acoustic set, they also allowed everyone in the 2nd row, other than my wife and I, and the 2 dudes beside us (I think it was grimes and his buddy). So even though I have 2nd row seats, I now am basically relegated to 3rd row, since there are now 2 rows of people standing in front of me...how that makes sense is beyond me....Ricky actually made a point of telling the security idiot to go and remove us from the front section and return us to our seats, even though EVERYONE else in the row got to move up...way to be a dick Ricky, you jackass....
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

jgardz wrote:great show, gordie threw my wife 2 hankies...man they are gross...got some awesome pics from 2nd row centre, lots of interactions with gord as he repeatedly went into the crowd right where we were....coulda done without getting clotheslined by the mic cord though!...only gripe was this: when the security allowed the first row to move up after the acoustic set, they also allowed everyone in the 2nd row, other than my wife and I, and the 2 dudes beside us (I think it was grimes and his buddy). So even though I have 2nd row seats, I now am basically relegated to 3rd row, since there are now 2 rows of people standing in front of me...how that makes sense is beyond me....Ricky actually made a point of telling the security idiot to go and remove us from the front section and return us to our seats, even though EVERYONE else in the row got to move up...way to be a dick Ricky, you jackass....
I was in the second row in front of Paul totally in a zone when security moved us up. I didn't get that at all. I was fine in my seat. It was about 5 feet away as is. Once settled in kept going but it broke my flow and threw me off when Grace started. Could not bring beers back to seat which sucked too. There was no carpeting or anything up front. Great place to see a show but could have done without a couple of the things mentioned.

DC
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

What a great show to close out a fantastic 3 night stand.Im a non-sentimental kinda guy but found myself choked up a few times last night.This was the best show I have seen from them and a top 5 in my concert going career.
Highlights for me:

Dont Wake Daddy-Gord To Ricky,"Dont ever let me go",Gord to crowd,"Thx Hamilton,the pleasure is entirely ours"
Pigeon Camera-Gord S and Rob killed it!
Fireworks-what is wrong with you people that dont like this song?????
Thugs-Jgardz got a hanky,another guy catches a hanky,Gord makes him give it to girl then rewards him with a pick(equal rights)
100th Meridian-Gord"remember that day she said she was at the library? well she was purse shopping with me"awesome!
The entire acoustic set blew my mind and brought the show to an entirely new level.Bryson piano on Boots was great.
Grace Too-1st and 2nd rows are ushered to front of stage giving us an even better view for our short wives.You could see flames coming from Robs guitar and Gords shrieking gave me chills.
Bobcaygeon-always gets me.My summers have been spent there since childhood.Gord"24 hrs of no evil"..in Bobcaygeon
Daredevil-2 minute musical intro and Johnny kicked my face off!!!
Courage-Gord out in the crowd again in front of stage,dude sitting got that look from Gord
Honey Please-loving the slide and mandolin on this
3 Pistols-dont think i have seen this since ARA days
Music At Work-Gord"when Hamilton gets an nhl team they will be called The Hamilton Heart and Soul"
Fire In The Hole-love this song as a closer and it pounded hard on this night

Just want to say thx guys for a memorable week.A friend of mine who went on wed works at a dental school across the street from their hotel and ran out on thurs to get some autographs and the boys as usual were top notch class acts.My friend to Paul" I might get fired for this"Paul to him"thats ok we always need big dudes for our security"
I videotaped all 3 nights with new 1080 and will pass all footage to Chris for editing.Thx Billy Ray for setlists,picks.I know theres one hab fan on here that was hoping i would fall on my ass on wed retrieving one of those picks!

Last edited by BIGVDOGG on Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
rocketsan22
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by rocketsan22 »

20 years of going to live shows.
15 years in its existence trying to hear it live.
Finally heard my favourite Hip song live.
I do the rolling, you do the details...

Great show, i'm friggin' deaf today in both ears, not good.
Also got denied bringing my camera in which sucks because from row four I could have snagged some wicked pics :(