10/03/09: Hamilton Place: Hamilton, Ontario

Been to a show? Going to a show? Enjoy the show!
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Re: 10/03/09: Hamilton Place: Hamilton, Ontario

Post by mookytc »

rocketsan22 wrote:20 years of going to live shows.
15 years in its existence trying to hear it live.
Finally heard my favourite Hip song live.
I do the rolling, you do the details...

Great show, i'm friggin' deaf today in both ears, not good.
Also got denied bringing my camera in which sucks because from row four I could have snagged some wicked pics :(
I hope to regain hearing in my left ear by next week sometime....
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

thompson girl wrote:So apparently Gord remembers the time that I went purse shopping, but I was really supposed to be at the library. :D
My fast fingers somehow managed to get me a front row seat to last night's show. If you're ever to get a front row seat, a small theatre is the place to get it. There were only 12 seats in the front row!

I have no real comments on the setlist. Thugs was so on. During Meridian, Gord came down in front and did a, "I remember everything, do you remember...." rant thing with a few of us.

As on Wednesday, when they started playing the chords to Grace, and I was standing right at the stage, I couldn't help but think that it doesn't get any better than this.

I was starting to think I'd be the only girl in the first or second row who was denied a hanky, but finally, during Music @ Work, when he was standing right above me, Gord dropped one out of his hand for me. Phew.

Here's the view from the front row (somethng I'll probably never experience again anytime soon): http://s627.photobucket.com/albums/tt36 ... mview=grid

I'm assuming that was Gord's daughter that he had come strum the guitar? That was actually really touching to watch.

Anyway, to sum it all up, I had a great time in the Hammer. Two great experiences and an on-going love and appreciation for these guys. :thumb:

Nice pics! I grabbed a few with my phone (second row). Judging by the shots of the acoustic set you may have been right in front of me with a lady friend and man? All were getting busy with their cameras. These are perfect. Thanks for sharing them!
Almost Hip
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Almost Hip »

Amazing show, best one yet although I think friday nights song list was better. There was no way to beat the seats we had, Front row in front of Gord S. (thanks to my girlfriends tickemaster skills) Getting to blurt Love is a first and Courage and giving up the hankie cause the girl always wins were my personal highlights,

it was pretty cool how others got to join us up there for second set but i did notice a few left out (Nights Jersey) and didn't think that was fair
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

mookytc wrote:
thompson girl wrote:So apparently Gord remembers the time that I went purse shopping, but I was really supposed to be at the library. :D
My fast fingers somehow managed to get me a front row seat to last night's show. If you're ever to get a front row seat, a small theatre is the place to get it. There were only 12 seats in the front row!

I have no real comments on the setlist. Thugs was so on. During Meridian, Gord came down in front and did a, "I remember everything, do you remember...." rant thing with a few of us.

As on Wednesday, when they started playing the chords to Grace, and I was standing right at the stage, I couldn't help but think that it doesn't get any better than this.

I was starting to think I'd be the only girl in the first or second row who was denied a hanky, but finally, during Music @ Work, when he was standing right above me, Gord dropped one out of his hand for me. Phew.

Here's the view from the front row (somethng I'll probably never experience again anytime soon): http://s627.photobucket.com/albums/tt36 ... mview=grid

I'm assuming that was Gord's daughter that he had come strum the guitar? That was actually really touching to watch.

Anyway, to sum it all up, I had a great time in the Hammer. Two great experiences and an on-going love and appreciation for these guys. :thumb:

Nice pics! I grabbed a few with my phone (second row). Judging by the shots of the acoustic set you may have been right in front of me with a lady friend and man? All were getting busy with their cameras. These are perfect. Thanks for sharing them!
I wasn't with those two, but that was me! Yeah, I think a lot of us were snapping pics up there. I actually felt bad. I didn't want to be too annoying, but hey, when are you ever going to get this chance to be this close again?
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

You were not annoying at all. Looked to me like you were having fun!
inaworldcontainer
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by inaworldcontainer »

HIPLVR wrote:Got in from the show last night and had an email from my wife's mom that her dad is in ICU, very ill, "touch and go" as the doc calls it. Didn't get a chance to post - looks like some others covered the set list. Won't let us into the hospital til 2 :S

Here is the list in order -

Depression
NOIS
Daddy
Exact
Pigeon
Morning
Fireworks
Thugs
In View
100th
Love Is

Int

Boots
Flamenco
Scared
Grace
Bobc
Daredevil
Nautical
Struggle
Courage
Honey
Three Pistols
Music @ Work

50 MC
Fire in the Hole

Simply amazing show. Best one I've been to all year (and I was at Kitch 3 which was a great setlist).

Stood in front of Paul - the guy is just awesome. I think they have special lights on him to make it look like he sweats - he wants us to think he's human or something - crazy guy - like we don't already know he's a machine.

Got to sing Music @ Work with Gordie, that was fun.

My wife's favourite is Pigeon Camera, mine is Grace, Too and my hope for a DFN heavy list made the whole night, save the scary email, fantastic.
As much as I don't really like Fireworks, In View and Music @ Work on the discs, they simply rock them out in concert.

100th was a highlight for me - best version of that tune I've heard in a long time. "Remember that day we went purse shopping?"

Not much else to say - I couldn't have asked for a better set list. My ears are still ringing...

It was an AMAZING show :thumb:

I loved it when they open with , The DEPRESSION SUITE. It is one of their best live openers ever!!!

Thanks for the set list!!! :thumb:

I saw the first show of this tour at The Danforth Music Hall [+ 2 shows at , Massey Hall] and then I saw their last show of their Canadian tour for 2009 , in , Hamilton. :mrgreen:

The high lights for me were many but hearing the extended live version of DAREDEVIL , was very cool.

GORD's rant during , The 100th MAR. , was very funny. :lol:

THUGS , FLAMENCO , THREE PISTOLS , BOOTS OR HEARTS , DON'T WAKE DADDY and anything from their excellent new album was just fine with me. Except for COFFEE GIRL , which they didn't play ; YES!!!. :thumb:

THANKS AGAIN!!! :thumb:
Last edited by inaworldcontainer on Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grimes
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by grimes »

jgardz wrote:great show, gordie threw my wife 2 hankies...man they are gross...got some awesome pics from 2nd row centre, lots of interactions with gord as he repeatedly went into the crowd right where we were....coulda done without getting clotheslined by the mic cord though!...only gripe was this: when the security allowed the first row to move up after the acoustic set, they also allowed everyone in the 2nd row, other than my wife and I, and the 2 dudes beside us (I think it was grimes and his buddy). So even though I have 2nd row seats, I now am basically relegated to 3rd row, since there are now 2 rows of people standing in front of me...how that makes sense is beyond me....Ricky actually made a point of telling the security idiot to go and remove us from the front section and return us to our seats, even though EVERYONE else in the row got to move up...way to be a dick Ricky, you jackass....
Yeah that was me...it made no sense at all. Because we had the best seats in the in the 2nd row we had to stay where we were while everyone else in the row got to move up?! As a result my pictures from the second set have a lot of heads in them. Luckily I got quite a few good ones in the first set...I'm processing them now and should have them up in the next couple days. In the meantime here's the first of my videos:

Nautical Disaster:

Morning Moon:
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

OMG....switched shifts at work so just getting started. I love it people asking me "hey how was your weekend"?

Reply: " Oh you know pretty good...saw Three Pistols from five feet away. Nothing special"

Still trying to piece my brain back together. Could be a long day :)

DC
MissNoName_77
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by MissNoName_77 »

the_wheat_king wrote:Just got in....great setlist tonight!!....some highlights for me...in no particular order as they pop into my head:
Don't Wake Daddy
THUGS
Daredevil
Grace too (got everyone on their feet)
PIGEON CAMERA
Three Pistols
50 Mission Cap
3 acoustic songs were Boots or Hearts, Flamenco, Scared
the depression suite
NOIS
Fireworks
Honey Please
In View
Morning Moon
Now the struggle has a name
Bobcaygeon
Nautical Disaster
Fire in the hole
Music @ Work
100th Merdian
Love is a First

there must be a couple more, just can't think of them.......all in all a great show!
Yes, it was a fabulous show!!!!

Wish I woulda known about Hip Base before the show. :) I was at May 16th & 19th shows at Massey Hall. October 3rd in Hamilton kicked both of those asses!
MissNoName_77
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by MissNoName_77 »

mookytc wrote:OMG....switched shifts at work so just getting started. I love it people asking me "hey how was your weekend"?

Reply: " Oh you know pretty good...saw Three Pistols from five feet away. Nothing special"

DC
Where were you? My brother and I were 3rd row middle... :)))

Still can't believe how close we were!!!
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

2nd row seats 15 -17 right in front of Paul.
MissNoName_77
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by MissNoName_77 »

mookytc wrote:2nd row seats 15 -17 right in front of Paul.
NICE!! I tried to get up close to the stage when everyone jumped up, but they denied me...only first two rows allowed. LOL
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

MissNoName_77 wrote:
mookytc wrote:OMG....switched shifts at work so just getting started. I love it people asking me "hey how was your weekend"?

DC

Glad to see you joined! :welcome
Jgardz she has a great pic of you with the hanky.
MissNoName_77
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by MissNoName_77 »

BIGVDOGG wrote:
MissNoName_77 wrote:

DC

Glad to see you joined! :welcome
Jgardz she has a great pic of you with the hanky.
Who are you? LOL

Is Jgardz the guy in green??!?! I have a wicked pic of you holding the hanky on Facebook... you can find me on Vic's friendlist, my name is Melanie. :))
thebends
Completist
Completist

Post by thebends »

Best of the 100+ shows I've been to.
Right in front of Paul, pure talent, guitar Jedi.
Left ear still semi operational.
I'm done for a while.
Hip rock.
Nice to meet you Dave!
Over and out.
"we've only got three hundred feet to go ..."