2011-06-24 - Watertown Fairgrounds - Watertown, New York

Been to a show? Post your review.
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Re: 2011-06-24 - Watertown Fairgrounds - Watertown, New York

Post by direwolf74 »

ikky99 wrote: While some concertgoers had trouble finding toilets and requested seating in the grandstand, according to Rich, The Tragically Hip’s “people” were the ones who pitched the nonprofit the biggest curve at the show, held on the field of the fairgrounds baseball diamond.

“They wanted the general admission individuals to join the reserve people,” Rich said. “We had to open up the gate for that and we really didn’t want to, but we had no choice.“
I wonder why the Hip would make such a request. Only thing I can think of is maybe there weren't enough people in the reserved section and it looked empty, so they wanted to try and fill it up. I'll be pissed if they do that in Edmonton. I paid an extra $30 for the VIP tickets, and I expect it to be as advertised.
thebends
Completist
Completist

Post by thebends »

direwolf74 wrote:
ikky99 wrote: While some concertgoers had trouble finding toilets and requested seating in the grandstand, according to Rich, The Tragically Hip’s “people” were the ones who pitched the nonprofit the biggest curve at the show, held on the field of the fairgrounds baseball diamond.

“They wanted the general admission individuals to join the reserve people,” Rich said. “We had to open up the gate for that and we really didn’t want to, but we had no choice.“
I wonder why the Hip would make such a request. Only thing I can think of is maybe there weren't enough people in the reserved section and it looked empty, so they wanted to try and fill it up. I'll be pissed if they do that in Edmonton. I paid an extra $30 for the VIP tickets, and I expect it to be as advertised.
If it's the same as Bobcaygeon it will be quite the opposite. You'll want to leave the VIP debacle and join the lucky folks in the GA section. :nooooo
"we've only got three hundred feet to go ..."
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

thebends wrote:
If it's the same as Bobcaygeon it will be quite the opposite. You'll want to leave the VIP debacle and join the lucky folks in the GA section. :nooooo

So I've heard.
Xanagirl
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Xanagirl »

direwolf74 wrote:

^^ It was because the fence separating VIP from General Admission was a temporary structure made of wood which could have been easily uprooted by fans and pose a danger. (I'm sure we're all aware of the number of drunken crazies that always seem to be present at Hip concerts. At the Watertown show, 25 people had to be forcibly removed.)

I know the DPAO didn't want to take the fence down, but they were told the band wouldn't play until they did. I was up at the front railing, and I could tell when the fence was taken down because then we all got hemmed in there like sardines. From pictures of other concerts it looks like the fence separating sections was a chain link fence that would stand up to crowd strain.
bhaley29
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by bhaley29 »