2011-06-25 - Big Music Fest - Bobcaygeon, Ontario

Been to a show? Post your review.
mojo_mattv
Completist
Completist

Re: 2011-06-25 - Big Music Fest - Bobcaygeon, Ontario

Post by mojo_mattv »

For people worried about their VIP tickets headed to Sarnia Bayfest - don't. If it's anything like it was when I went two (?) years ago, the entire front of the stage back about 20 meters was blocked by a chain link fence for the VIP's. You literally couldn't get any closer to the stage than about 60 feet unless you had a VIP ticket.
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

chris wrote: I'm confident that the setlists have nothing to do with the documentary; the doc is about the fans..
The only other thing I can think of is that they didn't get a chance to rehearse at all before the tour started, so they're sticking to the songs they're most comfortable with. If they're gonna play this set for the entire tour though, the least they could do is change up the order a bit.
farmerdan
Completist
Completist

Post by farmerdan »

vanhip wrote:About the set lists being the same: The production company had cameras taping everywhere during the BobC show. I doubt there was anything left that they didn't capture. Everyone who was previously interviewed and went to the show was taped a second time. VERY doubtful they will be using material from other shows. I am pretty sure you won't see and hear a song beginning to end on the DVD - with perhaps the exception of Bobcayegeon. Footage was also shot during the sound checks. This DVD will be about the fans and the vast variety the Hip attract. It isn't a beginning to end concert video like One Night in Toronto. I don't know why the set lists are the same or close to it, but it has nothing to do with the DVD - all just my opinion and speculation, of course. :D

However, the concert promoter, Mark Higgins can kiss my big, hairy, tattooed, pimple-ly, pasty white ASS!

I purchased VIP tickets and should have saved my money! Forget for a second the lines, tickets for drinks, washroom availability, etc. The LOCATION of the VIP was inexcusable. None of the VIP details dealing with location in proximity to the stage was shared before the concert - for good reason. If I pay extra money for VIP tickets, I should be able to see the freaking stage. It was like a dog kennel and the best line of sight was blocked by an entire row of shitters! This just shows me how greedy the promoter, Mark Higgins is. With most respectable shows, the VIP section is in front of the stage.

We moved to the GA area when the Hip came on and had 200% better view. So be forewarned, if you attend a future show by this promoter, don't buy VIP tickets unless you know exactly what it included. I will NEVER attend another show produced by Mr. Higgins. I don't care if Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are there handing out miracles, I WILL NOT BE THERE!
I was talking with a guy at work(who was at the concert as well) whose parent live in the Bobcaygeon, and he said that there is a whole bunch of backlash towards the promoter over the concert. Like lack of lighting for the exits, buses that got stuck and the towing cost, lack of security etc. Apparently he has/had a 10 year contract for concerts which has now been revoked, so hopefully this mess won't happen again!
(this is all hearsay and I can't actually guarantee accuracy, but he hasn't lied to me in the past)
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

chris wrote:
farmerdan69 wrote:
chris wrote:Yep.

We got audio and video of the show. Stay tuned....
I know this is probably a stupid question, but did you record the trews as well?
Not stupid. Yes. Trews, SRB and Hip. First two will be on archive.org soon.
Here's my recording of The Trews: http://www.archive.org/details/thetrews ... aud.flac16
farmerdan
Completist
Completist

Post by farmerdan »

chris wrote:Here's my recording of The Trews: http://www.archive.org/details/thetrews ... aud.flac16
Excellent, thanks Chris!
WesleyC.
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by WesleyC. »

Thanks Chris, I think the Trews KICKED ASS , and plus my wife is gonna love me for getting this for her.
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

A new torrent has been uploaded.

Name: SRB: 2011-06-25 - Bobcaygeon, ON
Size: 361.73 MB
Category: SHN/FLAC: Concerts
Uploaded by: chrisk

Description
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011-06-25: Sam Roberts Band
Big Music Fest - Bobcaygeon, ON

Recording:
Busman BSC1 Cardioids > R-44

Transfer:
SD Card to MacBookPro

Conversion:
Originally recorded at 48.0kHz/32-bits
Amplified 15db with Amadeus Pro 2.0.5
Dithered down to 16-bits with Amadeus Pro 2.0.5
Re-sampled down to 44.1kHz with Amadeus Pro 2.0.5
Individual tracks cut up using Fission 1.6.10
WAV MD5 checksum created using xACT 2.12
FLAC Files created using xACT 2.12 with level 5 encoding
FLAC Fingerprint created using xACT 2.12
FLAC MD5 checksum created using xACT 2.12

Recorded/Transferred/Encoded by me.

Freq.: 44.1 kHz
Bitrate: 16-bits
Time:

First Set:
t01 - I Feel You
t02 - Fixed To Ruin
t03 - Detroit '67
t04 - Let It In
t05 - Hard Road
t06 - Up Sister
t07 - Without A Map
t08 - Bridge To Nowhere
t09 - Streets Of Heaven
t10 - Where Have All The Good People Gone?
t11 - The Last Crusade
t12 - Brother Down
t13 - Them Kids
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can use the URL below to download the torrent (you may have to login).

http://www.thehiptracker.com/details.php?id=481&hit=1

--
The Hip Tracker