2012-02-16 - Fort Albany, ON - Live Webcast

Been to a show? Post your review.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Re: 2012-02-16 - Fort Albany, ON - Live Webcast

Post by Tthip »

Sorry Folks, we tried, and tried and tried again - obviously, it's not happening the way we want. The entire staff at the school here has bent over backwards all day long to make this a success - it is not to be . . . . very disappointing for me. I cried. I did. Actually. What you haven't experienced, is how happy this entire town is and has been. We have done great things here, we're so happy to be here. We KNEW it was going to be tough to pull this off from the shores of James Bay, but this isn't what we wanted, nor obviously hoped for. This is not an online success. I feel like I failed. Really, I do. I'm going to pull the feed and cry some more. MAV.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
thefivehole
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by thefivehole »

oh jeez, i feel so bad for MAv right now. from the facebook page:

"Sorry Folks, we tried, and tried and tried again - obviously, it's not happening the way we want. The entire staff at the school here has bent over backwards all day long to make this a success - it is not to be . . . . very disappointing for me. I cried. I did. Actually. What you haven't experienced, is how happy this entire town is and has been. We have done great things here, we're so happy to be here. We KNEW it was going to be tough to pull this off from the shores of James Bay, but this isn't what we wanted, nor obviously hoped for. This is not an online success. I feel like I failed. Really, I do. I'm going to pull the feed and cry some more. MAV."
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

Offline again, haha.
ikky99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by ikky99 »

WOW!

The Tragically Hip
Sorry Folks, we tried, and tried and tried again - obviously, it's not happening the way we want. The entire staff at the school here has bent over backwards all day long to make this a success - it is not to be . . . . very disappointing for me. I cried. I did. Actually. What you haven't experienced, is how happy this entire town is and has been. We have done great things here, we're so happy to be here. We KNEW it was going to be tough to pull this off from the shores of James Bay, but this isn't what we wanted, nor obviously hoped for. This is not an online success. I feel like I failed. Really, I do. I'm going to pull the feed and cry some more. MAV.
hipboy26
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by hipboy26 »

Tthip wrote:Sorry Folks, we tried, and tried and tried again - obviously, it's not happening the way we want. The entire staff at the school here has bent over backwards all day long to make this a success - it is not to be . . . . very disappointing for me. I cried. I did. Actually. What you haven't experienced, is how happy this entire town is and has been. We have done great things here, we're so happy to be here. We KNEW it was going to be tough to pull this off from the shores of James Bay, but this isn't what we wanted, nor obviously hoped for. This is not an online success. I feel like I failed. Really, I do. I'm going to pull the feed and cry some more. MAV.
good idea and effort, it's unfortunate that it didn't happen more smoothly
Shane Kroeker
Completist
Completist

Post by Shane Kroeker »

AHH! no new songs heard!
MAv did a great job though - I hope the band does this again...
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

Bummer. Oh well, at least he tried. I'm sure some of these songs will be up on Youtube tomorrow.
fingernailsonhull
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by fingernailsonhull »

And offline.
Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
tigerthelion88
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by tigerthelion88 »

no worries brother.. we appreciate the efforts .. rock out for usss .. safe trippingg .. cheers til next one.. fuckn love this fanhood
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

Sounds like Transformation now. Or Tra_nnns_forrmmmaaa_ttion
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

It's fate. We just weren't meant to hear any of the new songs tonight.
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

Yep, MAv, I think it was nice that you guys were even willing to open this up to the fans. And went to valiant efforts to try to do so. Sounds like you all had a great trip and we'll look forward to some live shows!
Summiteer
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Summiteer »

Yea Mav, thanks a millions for trying dood!!
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

Post by mrlayance »

ikky99 wrote:WOW!

The Tragically Hip
Given the location they did waaaay better then expected. Have a beer and don't worry about it Mav.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

Thanks for trying, MAv. No worries.