2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON

Been to a show? Post your review.
fingernailsonhull
Wheat King
Wheat King

Re: 2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON

Post by fingernailsonhull »

I'll be there, too. It'd be fun to put some faces to (user)names.
Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

Should I bust out the ol' grey Hipbase zeppelin shirt? Haven't worn it at a hip show since Montreal 2006 and it freaked me out the people that knew me then...
Mind that seems likes ages ago. I'm definetly more comfortable meeting 'strangers' now (I was 18 at those Metropolis shows)
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
paulster2626
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by paulster2626 »

sean.bonner wrote:Just was able to book a campground 10 mins from the concert. Funk yes. Starting to get giddy like a school girl... for the fifteenth time I suppose... gad will this ever change?

I hope they play that song they didn't play last summer...

A topical choice would be 'Daredevil'. Daredevil over the years has slowly crept up and has now cracked my top 10 favourite Hip tunes.

Random irrelevant seanbon trivia... This will be my fourth hip show that has taken place June 30th.
Hey what campground is it? If it's close, and you got room, and you wanna shave a little off the cost for the night, my buddy and I are still looking to lock-down a place to park the truck for the night. I am really good at camping.

(the truck's got a camper in the back, like this)
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

yeh Sean,looks like theres an electrical outlet on that bad ass camper,,,,free haircuts!
WesleyC.
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by WesleyC. »

Just the wife and I gonna be at this show. Mabey we will both wear our Hipbase Tshirts. I got the last one and she has the Zeppelin one.
WesleyC.
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by WesleyC. »

We got a hotel in St. Catherines and will be hanging out at the show just the 2 of us (wife and I) any Hipbasers want to hook up and shoot the shit and have a drink? Before, during or after the show?
Dark Canuck17
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Dark Canuck17 »

What time are you guys going in for? What is the latest you are allowed in anyone know? I am doing VIP but don't want to go at 3:00 :what
want to be a nobody without peer
want to be a thought that's never done
want to shake your faith in human nature
want to break the hearts of everyone
want to be your wheezing screen door
want to be your stars of Algonquin
want to be your roaring floorboard
Dark Canuck17
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Dark Canuck17 »

Anyone need Hipbase parking? My brother has a Bed and Breakfast that is about 1 km away and you can walk right through the main street to get to the event. Anyway he was going to open his lot for about 12 spots to whoever but I said I would ask you guys first...Now I know and I apologize but he said he wants to charge :roll: so anyway if you can't get them or don't want to pay the VIP price he has some room...all day parking $20.00...he wanted $30.00 but I said we need a Hipbase discount...he just does not get the whole base thing but likes the Hip and is coming with me...one thing it can't be a party spot but I guess if I am there and you know no one gets stupid a few beers can't hurt...
paulster2626
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by paulster2626 »

Dark Canuck17 wrote:Anyone need Hipbase parking? My brother has a Bed and Breakfast that is about 1 km away and you can walk right through the main street to get to the event. Anyway he was going to open his lot for about 12 spots to whoever but I said I would ask you guys first...Now I know and I apologize but he said he wants to charge :roll: so anyway if you can't get them or don't want to pay the VIP price he has some room...all day parking $20.00...he wanted $30.00 but I said we need a Hipbase discount...he just does not get the whole base thing but likes the Hip and is coming with me...one thing it can't be a party spot but I guess if I am there and you know no one gets stupid a few beers can't hurt...
Is he cool if I have a few beers and feel that driving home would be a better idea on Sunday morning? Is he cool if I sleep in my truck in the parking lot? Is he cool if said truck has a camper in the back?

What is meant by "party spot"? I can promise zero shenanigans, zero tapout shirts, and a sampling of my finest homebrewed beers, but we'll need a place to hang out for a little bit while we enjoy the sunshine and take in the surroundings. I'm also a fan of passing out right after concerts since I cannot stay up past midnight anymore (I am getting OLD!).

I guess the better question is - are only old curmudgeon wine-tourists staying at this B&B on Saturday, or is it all Hip concert-goers?
WesleyC.
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by WesleyC. »

paulster2626 wrote:
Dark Canuck17 wrote: I'm also a fan of passing out right after concerts since I cannot stay up past midnight anymore (I am getting OLD!).
Hahaha, reminds me of the time the wife and I passed out in our car after a show years ago, we were parked in the farmers field, and I woke up to a sound beside my car in the wee hours, only to find a hot chick pulling her pants down mere inches from me and proceeding to pee, she had no clue I was in my car as the seat was all the way back, I sat up watched her go pee and was so so so so tempted to reach out and pinch her butt cheek. I realized this might give her a heart attack or get my face punched so did not do it. Thanks for triggering that memory again, it was so funny.
Smokey
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Smokey »

Dark Canuck17 wrote:Anyone need Hipbase parking? My brother has a Bed and Breakfast that is about 1 km away and you can walk right through the main street to get to the event. Anyway he was going to open his lot for about 12 spots to whoever but I said I would ask you guys first...Now I know and I apologize but he said he wants to charge :roll: so anyway if you can't get them or don't want to pay the VIP price he has some room...all day parking $20.00...he wanted $30.00 but I said we need a Hipbase discount...he just does not get the whole base thing but likes the Hip and is coming with me...one thing it can't be a party spot but I guess if I am there and you know no one gets stupid a few beers can't hurt...

I would love a place to aprk along with directions. There will be 2 of us possibly 3. Coming from Buffalo and really need some help lol. Let me know.
paulster2626
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by paulster2626 »

Smokey wrote:

I would love a place to aprk along with directions. There will be 2 of us possibly 3. Coming from Buffalo and really need some help lol. Let me know.
Smokey, I've talked to a couple guys from NOTL, and they tell me they suspect people all over the place - especially farmers - to be offering up parking spots on their lawns/fields etc. all around the area. You might have to face a _GASP_ 20 minute walk or so, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Just would be nice to have something set up and 'reserved' ahead of time for the same amount of money.

In any case, I wouldn't worry - it'll all work itself out as you approach the town of NOTL.
Smokey
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Smokey »

I agree and when played by ear its usually a better time than when things are pre-set.

Looking forward to it for sure.

Thanks
burkee
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by burkee »

I'd like to get in on that B&B parking, how can I get in touch?
Dark Canuck17
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Dark Canuck17 »

Sorry guys...unavailable...if you are still in need of parking I would go through the ticket master link found on Hip's web page for VIP parking...very reasonable pricing and across the street...