Post by FallingUp »

[quote="thompson girl"]I love my point and shoot camera. [quote]

I love it too! Thanks!!!
thecompletist
Sherpa
Sherpa

Re: 2012-07-01 - Oro, Ontario

Post by thecompletist »

These Festival, Summer get the cobwebs out, make the casual fans happy shows never have had extreme diverse setlists that I remember... so many of us long time road warriors that are 50, 75 100+ shows should know that we'll have to wait until the Fall tour to see how the boys choose to step outside the comfort levels.

Ultimately TTH going back to the late 2000's as mentioned when they were changing setlists up 100% is highly unlikely... but a good system that is doable would be:
1 - 7-8 staples that the casual fans need to hear (the ones they keep yelling out) NOIS. ABAC, Courage, Blow, Grace etc
2 - 7-8 rotating non-radio classics - Verge, Pistols, Membership, You're Everywhere, Sherpa (you get the idea)
3 - 7-8 off New album and last 2 albums - Drop off, Depression Suite, Transformation and 3-4 more off the 2012 CD

The trick here is for them to rotate the 7-8 non radio classics which is a HUGE category, Rotate 2-3 in the 1st category and maybe 2 or so on the 3rd and everyone will truly get decent evening regardless if you choose to hit 3-5 shows.

I didnt choose exact songs above over others , I was just trying to show a system that spans the 20+ years and can make most fans happy!
johnwblake
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by johnwblake »

100% agree. Great post!
thecompletist wrote:These Festival, Summer get the cobwebs out, make the casual fans happy shows never have had extreme diverse setlists that I remember... so many of us long time road warriors that are 50, 75 100+ shows should know that we'll have to wait until the Fall tour to see how the boys choose to step outside the comfort levels.

Ultimately TTH going back to the late 2000's as mentioned when they were changing setlists up 100% is highly unlikely... but a good system that is doable would be:
1 - 7-8 staples that the casual fans need to hear (the ones they keep yelling out) NOIS. ABAC, Courage, Blow, Grace etc
2 - 7-8 rotating non-radio classics - Verge, Pistols, Membership, You're Everywhere, Sherpa (you get the idea)
3 - 7-8 off New album and last 2 albums - Drop off, Depression Suite, Transformation and 3-4 more off the 2012 CD

The trick here is for them to rotate the 7-8 non radio classics which is a HUGE category, Rotate 2-3 in the 1st category and maybe 2 or so on the 3rd and everyone will truly get decent evening regardless if you choose to hit 3-5 shows.

I didnt choose exact songs above over others , I was just trying to show a system that spans the 20+ years and can make most fans happy!
emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by emperor penguin »

johnwblake wrote:
thecompletist wrote:These Festival, Summer get the cobwebs out, make the casual fans happy shows never have had extreme diverse setlists that I remember... so many of us long time road warriors that are 50, 75 100+ shows should know that we'll have to wait until the Fall tour to see how the boys choose to step outside the comfort levels.

100% agree. Great post!
Same, that would be excellent, and not that hard to do at all.