2012-07-03 - Bala, Ontario

Been to a show? Post your review.
thebends
Completist
Completist

Re: 2012-07-03 - Bala, Ontario

Post by thebends »

Naga wrote:
chris wrote:I'll be seeding for the next 90 minutes or so... And then again on Monday. Get it now!

http://www.thehiptracker.com/details.php?id=484
Thanks! I am currently seeding it now as well.
Seeding too.
Thanks Chris!
"we've only got three hundred feet to go ..."
tigerthelion88
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by tigerthelion88 »

THANKS CHRIS
and THANKS THOMPSON GIRL - fantastic pics
Summiteer
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Summiteer »

Can anyone put up an Mp3 version of this on the tracker? I don't know how to convert flac files...
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
thebends
Completist
Completist

Post by thebends »

Summiteer wrote:Can anyone put up an Mp3 version of this on the tracker? I don't know how to convert flac files...
There are several apps that will do this for you including "Magic FLAC to MP3 Converter". If you look around you can find some free shareware utilities as well.
Summiteer
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Summiteer »

thebends wrote:
Summiteer wrote:Can anyone put up an Mp3 version of this on the tracker? I don't know how to convert flac files...
There are several apps that will do this for you including "Magic FLAC to MP3 Converter". If you look around you can find some free shareware utilities as well.
I found one, I'm gonna give it a shot...
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Summiteer
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Summiteer »

Worked Perfecto, Thanks Bends! and "The Union" :thumb:
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

If anybody converted this to mp3 could you upload and pm me? Don't have my computer for the summer and would love to have this show on my phone for the new tunes this summer. Thanks basers and traders!
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
mark
Completist
Completist

Post by mark »

chris wrote: The whole concert was filmed in HD with external mics... But our agreement with the band is that we won't post our recordings of shows that contain new songs until the CD is released.
i have never understood this. it is ok for the people at the show to hear it, but not the rest of us?

the DMB community is somewhat like Phish, but i don't think they quite as "serious", for lack of a better word. but the difference in the taping community between DMB and the Hip is what really surprises me. i know that there are a lot more tapers at a DMB show than a hip show, but it is crazy to see how fast a dmb taper can release his tapes... mere hours after the show is done. absolutely amazing... and they always sound incredible. for some reason we need to wait until the fall before any of these shows come out... apparently if you can't get to a show, you aren't allowed to hear any new music until the cd comes out. and dmb also has a new cd coming out in the fall, they are playing new music.. every show (multiple sources per show) is out and there are a bunch of multi-cam DVD's out too.

and while i'm at it. people need to give up the setlist fight. they aren't going to change the way they do things. unfortunately, the number of bands who change things up each night are, by far, the minority. and someone else above got it right... 95% of the people at a show, are not "online fans". these are the people who see them once a tour and want to hear the "hits", so to speak. so who should the band cater to? the 95% or the 5%. if you don't want to hear NOIS, yet again, then just don't go. or at the very least, quit bitching about it.
HugeHipFan
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by HugeHipFan »

chris wrote:I'll try to post my audio on Friday. Got the OK from Hip HQ.
where are your neumanns? don't tell me you finally went to a show and only used the CA's!

[glad to see you made it to one of the summer shows :thumb: ]
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

HugeHipFan wrote:
chris wrote:I'll try to post my audio on Friday. Got the OK from Hip HQ.
where are your neumanns? don't tell me you finally went to a show and only used the CA's!

[glad to see you made it to one of the summer shows :thumb: ]
I ran both but decided to post th CA version as it is mono and a much smaller file. Made it easy to get it distributed completely on Friday afternoon.
Wheatking20
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Wheatking20 »

" This song is about how much i hate war, i hate war, even that little one in 1812" LOL Opening of Grace, Too.
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

Pauls Verse
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Gord has carried around this compass for years.
First time I noticed it was a 2000 show. Caught my eye back then because I carry around the same one on my bag.
BIGVDOGG wrote:Gords Compass.He has had this on for every show this summer.I failed to ask what its about,but I would assume its so he doesnt fall offstage.
compass.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
thebends
Completist
Completist

Post by thebends »

Great to put faces to some of the basers! Thanks for the pics and vids :thumb:
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

thebends wrote:Great to put faces to some of the basers! Thanks for the pics and vids :thumb:
Theres a couple more pics on my original post on page 2