2012-11-07 - Portland, Maine

Been to a show? Post your review.
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Re: 2012-11-07 - Portland, Maine

Post by direwolf74 »

bobnfran wrote:
p.s. regarding items noted in previous messages...Billy Ray WAS present...and Gord WAS animated but not as energized as in the past. He seems tired.
Gord mentioned to somebody at the Cleveland show that he's focusing hard on his singing right now, which might explain why he's being less animated on this tour.
emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by emperor penguin »

direwolf74 wrote:
bobnfran wrote:
p.s. regarding items noted in previous messages...Billy Ray WAS present...and Gord WAS animated but not as energized as in the past. He seems tired.
Gord mentioned to somebody at the Cleveland show that he's focusing hard on his singing right now, which might explain why he's being less animated on this tour.
I think that's actually a welcome change. I'm glad to hear he's toned it down a little bit.
spottrax
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by spottrax »

direwolf74 wrote:
bobnfran wrote:
After watching some of the YouTube footage of this tour (Rochester's "long time running and "escape at hand.."), it looks like GD is clearly using all of his energy and self restraint to sing much, much better this tour. It's a good trade-off: the over the top, wild antics vs quality singing.... This is a more mature vocalist at work, embracing that awesome catalog....WE (as fans) are SO lucky! Can't wait for Detroit...
merc110
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by merc110 »

I can't say the set lists get better and better, as they've all looked great so far. I can say monday night at the 930 can't get here fast enough.