2012-11-15 - Clifton Park, New York

Been to a show? Post your review.
bobnfran
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Re: 2012-11-15 - Clifton Park, New York

Post by bobnfran »

Gift shop and Transformation actually got played in reverse. Worse venue ever. Needs some redesign.
bobnfran
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by bobnfran »

Also had Courage before Fireworks.
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

bobnfran wrote:Also had Courage before Fireworks.
Ha! Sorry. That was copied directly from the setlist! Clearly I need to pay attention more.
mcgraw68
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by mcgraw68 »

Got there early, a bit cold waiting an hour to get in but well worth it on the rail by Paul.
Real treat with Grace and Inch to open up.
Sweet slowed down version of Morning Moon. Easy to forget how great these songs are live.
Love is a First was a killer fast and Bang on even Gord said "I nailed it"
Long time Running was animated really great.
NOIS and Nautical killer
Fireworks kicked ass finished off with 50.
Great time for a weak venue.
Wish I was heading to the Landmark Enjoy
bobnfran
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by bobnfran »

Strange venue. Very oddly shaped. It could use a new design that allows for everyone to have a view. I didn't try to push my way to the front and there really wasn't anywhere near the back where you could see everyone on the stage. Capacity according to the wall post there is 1000. There was a lot of empty space in the back bar area. We choose the sound board area again and were lucky to have a few high energy fans gather around us. There was also a guy from the Daily Gazette in front us of writing a review of the show. He said it was going to be in the paper then next day, but obviously he didn't make the deadline. We bought yesterdays and it was not in there. I see from the online sight that it made it today but you can't read it without subscribing.

I think there was some confusion about show start time on this show. We parked at 7. People were already waiting in line. Tickets said show 8pm. The line got huge and the doors opened at 8. It was 32 degrees. Most people weren't wearing coats because no one wanted to deal with them indoors.

We got 7 new songs from the previous 2 shows we had seen. The shows have gone from 24 to 23 songs at this point.

I can't comment on the band whatsoever because I couldn't see them.
Last edited by bobnfran on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

thompson girl wrote:Wow, went to see the venue to make sure I know where I'm going and yes, its in a strip mall. Timing was good though - watched/heard three songs in the soundcheck. Won't spoil it - one of the three was something not played too too often.
Hi Sarah...what was that mystery song?
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

mookytc wrote:
thompson girl wrote:Wow, went to see the venue to make sure I know where I'm going and yes, its in a strip mall. Timing was good though - watched/heard three songs in the soundcheck. Won't spoil it - one of the three was something not played too too often.
Hi Sarah...what was that mystery song?
Dave, it was Inch An Hour.

I actually liked the venue because it was pretty small. When I saw it through the window I decided I'd come back and get in line early to get as close as I could. I joined the line at 7:15 and there were maybe 15 people in front of me. I suffered in summer shoes and a light jacket (didn't want to pause at the coat check!), but hypothermia is a small price to pay for a good spot! lol! Turns out that most of the people in front of me had to go to the second door to buy/pick up tickets, so I was able to get right in and right up to the rail. I was right in front of Sinclair.

For those further in the back who couldn't see the band, here's what they looked like! A couple of pics of the soundcheck from through the window are there too.

Upstate Concert Hall/Northern Lights

Here's Bobcaygeon.

Last edited by thompson girl on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

Glad it was a good trip! You are going to Vegas as well?
Last edited by mookytc on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobnfran
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by bobnfran »

Thanks for sharing the pictures Sarah. You got some great shots!!

Did you go to the Portland, Maine show? It's a great venue with a tiered floor area. There were so few people you could go from back to front at your will.

Fran
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »