2012-12-03 - Billings, Montana

Been to a show? Post your review.
Kevala
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Re: 2012-12-03 - Billings, Montana

Post by Kevala »

had a recent conversation with my Teacher... Here it is (Billings, MT)

Twilight of the Idols

It has come time for me to meet one of my idols again. Why is it that we make up idols to lead us. I have been inspired and impressed by the clarity I recognize in others, then I swiftly attach this impression onto the person (being) from which it came. I realize God is "all movement" itself. What is presented before me is my interpretation and perception of separate "god-movements" or "God-beings." Yet I cannot get out of this exalted realm of feeling "in the presence" of other, whom I consider, great beings among us.

This Monday evening I will come face to face with one of these great beings I have created; my ideal man. I am tired of my toady self worth in these instances. Why do I keep this infatuation up with these idols? Is it good to strive toward the perfection I see? Do Ishayas look toward Christ or MSI as inspirators? What are, and why do we have, Idols?

Watch them clamber, these swift monkeys! They
clamber over one another and thus drag one another into the mud and the depth.
They all want to get to the throne: that is their madness - as if happiness sat
on the throne. Often, mud sits on the throne - and often the throne also on mud.
Mad they all appear to me, clambering monkeys and overardent. Foul smells their
idol, the cold monster: foul, they smell to me altogether, these
idolators.
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
(1885). Part I, Chapter 11, "On the New Idol"

This Monday evening I will come face to face with one of these great beings I have created; my ideal man.

I'd be interested in how that goes...

Why do I keep this infatuation up with these idols?

You were initiated into the idea by the school system, your peers and your parents. It's a common issue in the waking state mentality where ego measures the worth and purpose of everything. The idea in and of itself is not a bad one, since some things we identify as expanding and contracting can be useful in making choices to evolve beyond just the three known states of consciousness such as sleeping, dreaming and waking states. Some things we assume, from the authority we give to others, is not so real. Everyone has an opinion and often they are stimulated by beliefs and stress. To set our compass by the beliefs of others is not such a smart way to live.

Is it good to strive toward the perfection I see?

The nature of the universe is to expand. We are no different, however what we measure as perfection might assume a finality where there is nothing beyond what we label as perfection. Consciousness cannot be contained by the human idea of perfection since it resides in all that we assume is perfect and imperfect.
To know ourselves beyond the relative conditioning and self measure of the ego, is to be liberated from the judgments in what is and is not held in perfection at any level of consciousness and by any measure or system derived from a relative state of consciousness.

Do Ishayas look toward Christ or MSI as inspirators?

Depends on what you mean by Ishayas. A truly spiritual and enlightened person respects the lineage and sees no finality in Consciousness as it presents itself thru one who has achieved liberation.
MSI and Christed Jesus never once demanded any respect for the vessel which houses the absolute for it (the body or vessel) is only temporary. What each of them taught was to seek the relationship that consciousness has with the relative by stepping into the absolute and see reality as if thru the eyes of the Ascendant or consciousness.
Many who call them selves Ishaya after having taken vows will still find themselves attracted to the idol/distraction of their worship/attachment outside of the Self until they achieve a conscious unity with all that is and the reflection of that which is the relative world . That however is normal for most, until the ego is put in its place as the servant rather than the master.

What are, and why do we have, Idols?

We are Consciousness/Light/The Ascendant. We are attracted to the relative because we have taken a path as Consciousness in separation. Trained and conditioned to experience separation thru our surroundings set in place by our Self/Soul prior to physical birth.
Idols help create contrast to reality so we have a greater experience of the world as it is created in this setting of waking state collaboration.
In order to understand attachment and illusions of comparison and self measure we create idols to illustrate how it feels to set ourselves against an object that we see as something outside of our Self.
Kevala
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Re: Billings Montana

Post by Kevala »

jai isham ishvarum
Last edited by Kevala on Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mojo_mattv
Completist
Completist

Post by mojo_mattv »

Kevala, I never know what to think.
NegPhil
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by NegPhil »

Kevala wrote:had a recent conversation with my Teacher... Here it is (Billings, MT)

Twilight of the Idols

It has come time for me to meet one of my idols again. Why is it that we make up idols to lead us. I have been inspired and impressed by the clarity I recognize in others, then I swiftly attach this impression onto the person (being) from which it came. I realize God is "all movement" itself. What is presented before me is my interpretation and perception of separate "god-movements" or "God-beings." Yet I cannot get out of this exalted realm of feeling "in the presence" of other, whom I consider, great beings among us.

This Monday evening I will come face to face with one of these great beings I have created; my ideal man. I am tired of my toady self worth in these instances. Why do I keep this infatuation up with these idols? Is it good to strive toward the perfection I see? Do Ishayas look toward Christ or MSI as inspirators? What are, and why do we have, Idols?

Watch them clamber, these swift monkeys! They
clamber over one another and thus drag one another into the mud and the depth.
They all want to get to the throne: that is their madness - as if happiness sat
on the throne. Often, mud sits on the throne - and often the throne also on mud.
Mad they all appear to me, clambering monkeys and overardent. Foul smells their
idol, the cold monster: foul, they smell to me altogether, these
idolators.
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
(1885). Part I, Chapter 11, "On the New Idol"

This Monday evening I will come face to face with one of these great beings I have created; my ideal man.

I'd be interested in how that goes...

Why do I keep this infatuation up with these idols?

You were initiated into the idea by the school system, your peers and your parents. It's a common issue in the waking state mentality where ego measures the worth and purpose of everything. The idea in and of itself is not a bad one, since some things we identify as expanding and contracting can be useful in making choices to evolve beyond just the three known states of consciousness such as sleeping, dreaming and waking states. Some things we assume, from the authority we give to others, is not so real. Everyone has an opinion and often they are stimulated by beliefs and stress. To set our compass by the beliefs of others is not such a smart way to live.

Is it good to strive toward the perfection I see?

The nature of the universe is to expand. We are no different, however what we measure as perfection might assume a finality where there is nothing beyond what we label as perfection. Consciousness cannot be contained by the human idea of perfection since it resides in all that we assume is perfect and imperfect.
To know ourselves beyond the relative conditioning and self measure of the ego, is to be liberated from the judgments in what is and is not held in perfection at any level of consciousness and by any measure or system derived from a relative state of consciousness.

Do Ishayas look toward Christ or MSI as inspirators?

Depends on what you mean by Ishayas. A truly spiritual and enlightened person respects the lineage and sees no finality in Consciousness as it presents itself thru one who has achieved liberation.
MSI and Christed Jesus never once demanded any respect for the vessel which houses the absolute for it (the body or vessel) is only temporary. What each of them taught was to seek the relationship that consciousness has with the relative by stepping into the absolute and see reality as if thru the eyes of the Ascendant or consciousness.
Many who call them selves Ishaya after having taken vows will still find themselves attracted to the idol/distraction of their worship/attachment outside of the Self until they achieve a conscious unity with all that is and the reflection of that which is the relative world . That however is normal for most, until the ego is put in its place as the servant rather than the master.

What are, and why do we have, Idols?

We are Consciousness/Light/The Ascendant. We are attracted to the relative because we have taken a path as Consciousness in separation. Trained and conditioned to experience separation thru our surroundings set in place by our Self/Soul prior to physical birth.
Idols help create contrast to reality so we have a greater experience of the world as it is created in this setting of waking state collaboration.
In order to understand attachment and illusions of comparison and self measure we create idols to illustrate how it feels to set ourselves against an object that we see as something outside of our Self.
Kevala
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by Kevala »

In order to understand compromise, one must become familiar with the types of thoughts and how they expand and contract us, as well as to be familiar with expansion of consciousness.
Joseph Campbell used the phrase "Follow your Bliss." To the new age waking state mind this often means follow every thought and idea that brings pleasure to the senses and increases relative happiness. To some extent this leads to a very enjoyable life but not always to the conscious awareness of reality and the Greater Self. If the senses are continually driven outward into experience, the connection to the Self atrophies.

If the senses are not taken inward, relative choices of sense oriented happiness become addictive, and as the feelings of happiness fade in one experience, the need to find it again in another drives the mind toward constant distraction from the Self.

In reality, this is a compromise of Truth; the illusions of ego and the need to fill one’s self with a sense of being from moods created from the outside.

Whether we are in a relationship or not, this drive to find fulfillment from the outside lowers our ability to love from spirit and to give from the spirit. We will love ourselves and others with objects of attachment and desire, and from measured values that we attach to ourselves and our loved ones.

We think that our love has meaning with objects and measures gauged by our own accepted standard of personal self worth.

What Joseph Campbell meant by the words "Follow your Bliss" was to follow those thoughts and ideas which expand the intellect and the body permanently rather than temporarily; thoughts and actions that expand our awareness of ourselves and of consciousness itself.
Last edited by Kevala on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebends
Completist
Completist

Post by thebends »

Sometimes you just have to enjoy the show.
"we've only got three hundred feet to go ..."
apeman
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by apeman »

No kidding, just enjoy the show.

Grab a beer, take a deep breath, relax and enjoy the show.

It's safe to say I don't have a f*cking clue what your talking about in your previous posts.....but it's definitely sounding crazy.
pipe77
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by pipe77 »

9 hour drive down to billings. Great place so far. Pumped about the show. Actually had someone ask if we were with the hip because they recognized our Canadian accent. :-)
fingernailsonhull
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by fingernailsonhull »

Can one of the mods with such powers move this into the already-existing Billings show review thread?
Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

I tried to, but apparently I'm not set as a mod in this thread. Try firing off a pm to lance?
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
pipe77
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by pipe77 »

Show coming up soon. Just talked to a guy outside the theatre that works for the production company. Closing the balcony and relocating those tickets to the main floor.
ikky99
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by ikky99 »

pipe77 wrote:Show coming up soon. Just talked to a guy outside the theatre that works for the production company. Closing the balcony and relocating those tickets to the main floor.
So, the venue apparently has 760 seats & they're closing the balcony. Sounds like an intimate evening's coming up!
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

Bueller ... ?
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
robbroncs
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by robbroncs »

Frye?
nhaste
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by nhaste »

According to thehip.com

Transformation
Gift Shop
Lake Fever
Bobcaygeon
Lookahead
Blow
Man Machine
Meridian
Morning Moon
ABAC
We Want To Be It
Nashville
Streets Ahead
Courage
Fully
New Orleans
Attawapiskat

Wheat
Grace
Poets
Music

Did they really only do a 4 song encore?