2013-02-05 - Kitchener, Ontario

Been to a show? Post your review.
thecompletist
Sherpa
Sherpa

Re: 2013-02-05 - Kitchener, Ontario

Post by thecompletist »

This was discussed on other threads and in news back in the Fall, Gord seemed to be making some additional efforts to "pronounce" the words as they came out of his mouth and I found last fall that on many occasion the songs were coming across better for my liking... a tad more CD-Like and less Scream/Yell moments.... they seemed to have creeped back in at least to songs like NOIS and 100th a a few others... where as I thought GREASY was bang on and more pronounced... just an observation that means nothing in the big picture....from someone who enjoyed the last minute choice to go to the show !!! (but still curious if noticed by others)
mookytc
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mookytc »

thebends wrote:
BIGVDOGG wrote:Does anyone know the area,a bunch of us Wes,cold lake swimmer,thompson girl,are looking to meet up 6-630 for a quick bite.I cannot find anything close by? Dana? lol
Welcome to Kitchener.
Best place we found a few years ago was the restaurant at the Walper Hotel on King St. Nice beer selection and fantastic coconut shrimp. It was 2 blocks from the Hip venue at that time (Centre in the Square) so quite convenient. On a side note, last time I was at the Kitchener Memorial Aud was 1977 for a KISS concert, the venue sucked for a rock show. Hope they took the huge backdrop landscape of the Queen down, which really ruined my whole adolescent perspective on Gene Simmons.
I hope the power of Ace still lives on!
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

Good show last night,not the best and never is there a worst,Nice meeting with Direwolf,SRB,Wesley,The completist,Thompson Girl,Cold lake swimmer,Mintgreen,our preshow group continues to grow,drive home sucked,Highlight was Fire In the Hole.oops sorry forgot you brother Tiger,turned around and there he was!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BIGVDOGG on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tigerthelion88
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by tigerthelion88 »

favorite song of the night - fire in the hole. possessed as ever.
wicked fast meridian. smooth wheat kings. restless energy.
johnwblake
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by johnwblake »

thecompletist wrote:This was discussed on other threads and in news back in the Fall, Gord seemed to be making some additional efforts to "pronounce" the words as they came out of his mouth and I found last fall that on many occasion the songs were coming across better for my liking... a tad more CD-Like and less Scream/Yell moments.... they seemed to have creeped back in at least to songs like NOIS and 100th a a few others... where as I thought GREASY was bang on and more pronounced... just an observation that means nothing in the big picture....from someone who enjoyed the last minute choice to go to the show !!! (but still curious if noticed by others)
GREASY was awesome last night!!! I could also live with less scream/yell moments. Guelph, Oshawa and Toronto left! Hip Hip Hip!
Dire Wolf
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Dire Wolf »

BIGVDOGG wrote:Good show last night,not the best and never is there a worst,Nice meeting with Direwolf,SRB,Wesley,The completist,Thompson Girl,Cold lake swimmer,Mintgreen,our preshow group continues to grow,drive home sucked,Highlight was Fire In the Hole.oops sorry forgot you brother Tiger,turned around and there he was!
Decided to go last minute, after Thompson Girl hooked me up with a ticket (you rock girl :thumb: ) Highlight of the night for me was spending time with some Hipbasers that I hadn't had the chance to meet before...and oh ya...Greasy Jungle! Provided the live setlist update for first time and was hoping to post a few more gems. Good company, good band, good times :D
"They're your blues, we just play 'em"
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

Dire Wolf wrote:
BIGVDOGG wrote:Good show last night,not the best and never is there a worst,Nice meeting with Direwolf,SRB,Wesley,The completist,Thompson Girl,Cold lake swimmer,Mintgreen,our preshow group continues to grow,drive home sucked,Highlight was Fire In the Hole.oops sorry forgot you brother Tiger,turned around and there he was!
Decided to go last minute, after Thompson Girl hooked me up with a ticket (you rock girl :thumb: ) Highlight of the night for me was spending time with some Hipbasers that I hadn't had the chance to meet before...and oh ya...Greasy Jungle! Provided the live setlist update for first time and was hoping to post a few more gems. Good company, good band, good times :D
That was sweet,I came on here at the beginning of nois and saw you were updating and looked over your way with a big shit grin.was wondering how I was going to enjoy the show with 3 cameras and a phone going! :thumb:
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

Dire Wolf
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Dire Wolf »

Sweet...thank you :music
"They're your blues, we just play 'em"
NegPhil
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by NegPhil »

BIGVDOGG wrote:
That sounds fantastic!
srb
Completist
Completist

Post by srb »

srb wrote:The show was fantastic. My buddy and I were seated directly to the left of the stage (looking at the stage length-wise). Great seats to see the show, not so great to record from....although I think my video recorder threw an error during the encore break. Haven't checked, but I think I lost everything but the encore :(
Well, I hooked up the video camera last night to offload the encore from Kitchener, and low & behold, the entire main set was still there! Crappy place to film from though. The cables running down the sides from the hanging speaker stack don't help, and it was a challenge to find any balance in the frame as the band spent most of the time in only a portion of the screen (from my angle).

Regardless,

At Transformation
srb
Completist
Completist

Post by srb »

I've uploaded a 16bit version of my audio recording to Dime: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=438617

The Arkell's set will follow this weekend (just need to figure out the track names.)
The Tragically Hip
2013-05-02
The Auditorium
Kitchener, ON

Lineage: Zoom H1 [wav24] -> CDWave [wav16/split] -> foobar2000 [flac16]

Set:

01. At Transformation
02. Grace, Too
03. New Orleans Is Sinking
04. Twist My Arm
05. Man Machine Poem
06. Gift Shop
07. Greasy Jungle
08. Streets Ahead
09. Ahead By A Century
10. At The Hundredth Meridian
11. We Want To Be It
12. Poets
13. In View
14. Wheat Kings
15. Fireworks
16. My Music At Work
17. Fire In The Hole

Encore:

18. Blow At High Dough
19. Courage
20. Fiddler's Green
21. Bobcaygeon
22. Fifty-Mission Cap

Recorded by srb/srb151
srb
Completist
Completist

Post by srb »

I've uploaded the Arkells opener set from Kitchener to Dime for anyone who is interested.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=438735