2013-02-08 - Guelph, Ontario

Been to a show? Post your review.
Mr. Lahey
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Re: 2013-02-08 - Guelph, Ontario

Post by Mr. Lahey »

Last edited by Mr. Lahey on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Mr. Lahey wrote:
kvisser
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by kvisser »

paulster2626 wrote:Great show. I've heard the complaints about drunk idiots in the past but I always figured you were all just crusty old curmudgeons. Well, the hammered 4-some beside us would have been tolerable had it not been for the one guy who started puking in his seat.

I'm all for being drunk at a concert - but puking? How is that even possible? I couldn't have gotten a beer there if my life depended on it! Those lineups were INSANE.

All in all a great night though. Driving was a piece of cake!

Hey - Were you in Sec 101 Row 4?? If so we were right behind you - there was a lineup of people wanting to knock out that guy in the glasses
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

Heres a couple videos and pictures from Friday.Had a harrowing drive up #6 and was so happy to arrive alive! Met at the bar which to me seemed like Hollywood with no less than 8 fans that were in the Bobcaygeon documentary :) A couple beer and food with friends preshow is the best way to forget the snowstorm.Another great show,the guys look rested and energetic.Highlights for me were Gus,Escape,Greasy,Flamenco,Eldorado,Fire.A good mix of new/old,popular/rare.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr. Lahey
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Mr. Lahey »

chris wrote:
Mr. Lahey wrote:
That's weird....I can't get the video to show....what did you do?
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

You've got extra information in your code. All you need is the video identifier. I just removed it.

[ youtube]UC__8VWyEIU[/youtube ]
Last edited by chris on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Mr. Lahey wrote:That's weird....I can't get the video to show....what did you do?
For Youtube the only thing you put between the "youtube" boxes is whatever the youtube URL equals - in your case this would be the only thing you add between the "youtubes" UC__8VWyEIU
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Mr. Lahey
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Mr. Lahey »

Thanks guys I've fixed 'er up
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

Here's my recording of The Arkells: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=439732

My Hip recording is coming later tonight, or tomorrow morning depending on how quickly this one gets seeded.
WesleyC.
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by WesleyC. »

Yea that was a great show. Had pretty good seats, drive was ok, no problem as I drive in that crap all day so its really not the snow, its more the other idiots driving who dont know how and then slow me down. Molly Blooms was like "Hollywood" as BiggV says, it was fun to meet a lot of other fans and hang out with the news ones I have made thru the Hipbase in the last couple years. I taped the whole show and waited untill the 3 shows I went to were over to put them on my computer, now I cant find the Guelph show, but will keep looking. We went to Kitchener, Guelph then Oshawa and im my opinion they ranked in that same order from 1 to 3 in how good I think they were. Kitchener was a great atmosphere with tons of fans having a great time and singing and carrying on. Guelph was more subdued. Oshawa seemed more like a normal concert with lots of people just standing around watching the stage.
srb
Completist
Completist

Post by srb »

For anyone who missed the dvd of this show when it was on Dime, I've uploaded the full show to Youtube for everyone to enjoy. Once again, thanks to everyone who helped contribute to this great project.

5-cam project!
thebends
Completist
Completist

Post by thebends »

srb wrote:For anyone who missed the dvd of this show when it was on Dime, I've uploaded the full show to Youtube for everyone to enjoy. Once again, thanks to everyone who helped contribute to this great project.

5-cam project!
Watched this last night, again. Fine show, great recording, thanks to all the contributors, and thanks for uploading! Needed to get a Hip show under by belt this summer.
"we've only got three hundred feet to go ..."
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

thx Scott,great job
teemudog
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by teemudog »

Thanks for posting this video. So good to listen to and watch The Hip on my day off.

The quality was great with the different cameras angles.

I thoroughly enjoyed this and will watch many times :jump