Advanced Groupie

Re: 2013-08-02 - Buffalo, New York

Post by Jack Straw »

The Tragically Hip
Outer Harbour
Buffalo, NY
2013/08/02

Setlist:
At Transformation, Grace Too, My Music At Work, Man Machine Poem, In View, Daredevil, Gift Shop, Ahead By A Century, Streets Ahead, Poets, We Want To Be It, Fully Completely, Bobcaygeon, New Orleans Is Sinking > Nautical Disaster > New Orleans Is Sinking, Fire In The Hole, Blow At High Dough

Encore: The Lookahead, At The Hundredth Meridian, Courage, Little Bones

There's a pic of the setlist at the link below... I'm not sure how to embed photos here...

http://tragicallyhiptour.blogspot.com/2 ... lo-ny.html
thompson girl
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by thompson girl »

As I was crossing over the border I thought, man, this wind is eerily similar to two weeks ago. It was actually a heck of a lot windier than last time though. I had a raincoat on during LOTL and Flogging Molly and was freezing from the wind.

LOTL were great. I grew up with their music, so hearing it always brings back memories. FM, well, no disrespect to their fans (and there were a ton there), but I didn't see how they were any different from the Pogues, Mumford & Sons, and any other celtic, bang your pint of Guinness on the bar to every song, type of band. Again, as noted above though, I was freezing and just wanted them to get off the stage so the Hip could go on.

The crowd around me was much better last night. Was right at the front rail and the folks behind were making sure it was safe. No pushing and no drunk idiots - unfortunately, they were all on the right side of the stage, where Gord was calling them out. Poor Ricky almost looked like a babysitter, monitoring the pit and the crowd and picking out people he wanted tossed. Then some idiot threw something at Gord during ABAC and he had to jump out of the way. C'mon...these guys made an effort to come back and play for you...show some f'n respect.

Loved Daredevil. Loved Fire in the Hole. Loved the irony of the rain pelting right when Gord yells "Swim!" at the end of NOIS. Loved the irony of the rain in general! They were more prepared though, with Rob's pedal board wrapped, and then wrapping the amps at the back.

Good times as usual.

ImageImage
Srb718
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Srb718 »

I don't believe The Lookahead was played in the encore. I think they shortened it up a bit because the rain was picking up...
WesleyC.
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by WesleyC. »

thompson girl wrote:As I was crossing over the border I thought, man, this wind is eerily similar to two weeks ago. It was actually a heck of a lot windier than last time though. I had a raincoat on during LOTL and Flogging Molly and was freezing from the wind.

LOTL were great. I grew up with their music, so hearing it always brings back memories. FM, well, no disrespect to their fans (and there were a ton there), but I didn't see how they were any different from the Pogues, Mumford & Sons, and any other celtic, bang your pint of Guinness on the bar to every song, type of band. Again, as noted above though, I was freezing and just wanted them to get off the stage so the Hip could go on.

The crowd around me was much better last night. Was right at the front rail and the folks behind were making sure it was safe. No pushing and no drunk idiots - unfortunately, they were all on the right side of the stage, where Gord was calling them out. Poor Ricky almost looked like a babysitter, monitoring the pit and the crowd and picking out people he wanted tossed. Then some idiot threw something at Gord during ABAC and he had to jump out of the way. C'mon...these guys made an effort to come back and play for you...show some f'n respect.

Loved Daredevil. Loved Fire in the Hole. Loved the irony of the rain pelting right when Gord yells "Swim!" at the end of NOIS. Loved the irony of the rain in general! They were more prepared though, with Rob's pedal board wrapped, and then wrapping the amps at the back.

Good times as usual.

ImageImage
I always enjoy your posts.
rivum
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by rivum »

direwolf74 wrote: I'd go to this show just to see Lowest of the Low. Brilliant band. Wish they'd put out some new material though. The decade-long reunion tour is getting a bit silly.
supposedly a new record on tap to come out this fall :thumb:
natedogg828
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by natedogg828 »

Srb718 wrote:I don't believe The Lookahead was played in the encore. I think they shortened it up a bit because the rain was picking up...
I was there and can confirm that The Lookaround was not played
direwolf74
The Last Recluse

Post by direwolf74 »

natedogg828 wrote:
Srb718 wrote:I don't believe The Lookahead was played in the encore. I think they shortened it up a bit because the rain was picking up...
I was there and can confirm that The Lookaround was not played
Of course it wasn't. That would mean they'd have to mix up the setlist a little bit and get out of their greatest hits comfort zone. And we can't have that.
Srb718
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Srb718 »

Any recordings survive the rain? Saw a few tapers at both Buffalo shows...