2015-02-17 - St. Catharines, Ontario

chives
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Re: 2015-02-17 - St. Catharines, Ontario

Post by chives »

I'll admit the thought of paying $150 for floor seats when tickets went on sale was a bit of an issue for me. The band sounded great, Gord needs the teleprompter for almost every song now even ABAC, In View ,etc.. The no banter between songs, extended jams, ad libbing and no guitar was "different". Verdict still out if its "better". But at least its a "change"
By the time the show was done, I realized I paid $150 and heard Something On, Vapour Trails, Fireworks, LTR, Eldo, Lionized, Wherewithal, Pigeon, We'll go Too and Looking. All of which I've heard in the past live (albeit some only 1x, some more than that), but to hear them ALL in 1 show was well worth the price....and wellllllllll worth the wait.......
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

So i traded my 3rd row tix and $100 to move up to front row center.As soon as Gord came on he looked down at my daughter,pointed and waved and i just knew right then it was gonna be awesome.These guys are so awesome,i cannot say enough good things about this band and how good they are with their fans.Lots of hipbase representation,all around us,and lots of space,nobody pushing or shoving and my daughter and i had lots of room.Mav took a few photos of us,hope he posts one on the fb page.At the end of Fc and just as the encore started,Gord S passed a water to security to give to my girl,and yes Johnny gave her his sticks,plus we got a few of pauls picks and Gords setlist.Even though we got to meet the band and photos and victorias record signed in Cobourg this was still as good or better an experience,love these guys :thumb:
redhill
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by redhill »

BIGVDOGG wrote:So i traded my 3rd row tix and $100 to move up to front row center.As soon as Gord came on he looked down at my daughter,pointed and waved and i just knew right then it was gonna be awesome.These guys are so awesome,i cannot say enough good things about this band and how good they are with their fans.Lots of hipbase representation,all around us,and lots of space,nobody pushing or shoving and my daughter and i had lots of room.Mav took a few photos of us,hope he posts one on the fb page.At the end of Fc and just as the encore started,Gord S passed a water to security to give to my girl,and yes Johnny gave her his sticks,plus we got a few of pauls picks and Gords setlist.Even though we got to meet the band and photos and victorias record signed in Cobourg this was still as good or better an experience,love these guys :thumb:

Nice !!!
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Yes, but most importantly: How did her recording turn out?
BIGVDOGG wrote:So i traded my 3rd row tix and $100 to move up to front row center.As soon as Gord came on he looked down at my daughter,pointed and waved and i just knew right then it was gonna be awesome.These guys are so awesome,i cannot say enough good things about this band and how good they are with their fans.Lots of hipbase representation,all around us,and lots of space,nobody pushing or shoving and my daughter and i had lots of room.Mav took a few photos of us,hope he posts one on the fb page.At the end of Fc and just as the encore started,Gord S passed a water to security to give to my girl,and yes Johnny gave her his sticks,plus we got a few of pauls picks and Gords setlist.Even though we got to meet the band and photos and victorias record signed in Cobourg this was still as good or better an experience,love these guys :thumb:
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

Tthip wrote:Yes, but most importantly: How did her recording turn out?
lol.no recording last night,just wanted to take it all in,will be taping tomorrow night :thumb:
johnwblake
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by johnwblake »

My girlfriend and I sat next to you on the floors! Security told us we had to sit down for the concert ;) It was an awesome show as usual and I agree with your comments above. Was great to see your daughter get Johnny's sticks and I think we all got a few of Paul's picks!

Great night, great fans and most of all great band!

Thanks Hip
moejiles
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by moejiles »

Congrats - Great to hear!
Curious as to what Paul's picks look like - Ive got one of Bobby's from a few years back but never have seen one of Paul's before. Chance you could post a picture?

Cheers
Joe - Calgary