2016-08-20 - Kingston, Ontario

Moosehead
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Re: 2016-08-20 - Kingston, Ontario

Post by Moosehead »

Zoom in on him for "hung with pictures of our parents' prime ministers"

Or throw An Inch An Hour into the set for a direct Trudeau (Sr) reference! Or however else "No bemused Trudeau" could be taken!
Torontonian69
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Torontonian69 »

emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by emperor penguin »

Scotty12 wrote:
Over/under on his face 36 times on the broadcast? Over/under 1000 selfies taken in Kingston?

Silver lining on this is the hilarious coincidence that my "no ticket nightmare" comes to life on the same day that I GOT A TICKET TO THE SHOW! :jump
haha I'm taking the over on both. And congrats, and enjoy the show man!
redhill
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by redhill »

Scotty12 wrote:
emperor penguin wrote:
carebread wrote:Trudeau's gonna be there. Ughhh.
I would hope, and assume, in a box so he doesn't create a big distraction.
Instead of making the sensible/economical choice to go to the Ottawa, he not only jumps any chance to join the national spotlight/broadcast but ANNOUNCED that hes going ahead of time. Media laps it up as always. As one of the biggest "celebrities" in our country, what do you think the odds of him not creating a distraction are? Especially with his biggest fans the CBC covering the show.

Over/under on his face 36 times on the broadcast? Over/under 1000 selfies taken in Kingston?

Silver lining on this is the hilarious coincidence that my "no ticket nightmare" comes to life on the same day that I GOT A TICKET TO THE SHOW! :jump
Good on ya Scotty !
mojo_mattv
Completist
Completist

Post by mojo_mattv »

carebread wrote:
I'm afraid it will drag out the time to get through security big time. Why did this have to be announced?
Carebread, is the extra you had a no go?
thebends
Completist
Completist

Post by thebends »

Almost there ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"we've only got three hundred feet to go ..."
johnwblake
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by johnwblake »

thebends wrote:Almost there ...
Enjoy the show Juan! Was great meeting you and your wife this tour!
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

(Short answer) 48 Hours
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
posthead
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by posthead »

What I want to know is:

How will the viewing/streaming audience compare with the numbers for an Olympic gold medal hockey final (with Canada in it, of course)?

And to the technically astute out there - fire up those DVRs and other sundry video recording gear for the folks who can't watch it live.

Please, eh? And thanks in advance.
Scotty12
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Scotty12 »

Went out downtown tonight and a friend told that they are erecting a fence around the perimeter of the Krock center for the show ... seems excessive?

posthead wrote:What I want to know is:

How will the viewing/streaming audience compare with the numbers for an Olympic gold medal hockey final (with Canada in it, of course)?
What I want to know is:

How many people were in the rink for both Vancouver 2010 and Kingston 2016? At least one.
robbroncs
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by robbroncs »

is there a curfew there or anything to that affect? I'm curious if they would play an ultimate longer set than the previous shows...
nhaste
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by nhaste »

We are going to the show tomorrow!

Anyway, our friends who we are going with (and have our tickets which are credit card entry) won't be getting to Kingston until 730 or so. I know it's going to be nuts downtown. Any suggestions on places to park within about a 20 minute walk to K Rock?
Scotty12
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Scotty12 »

If you are downtown Kingston already, one of the local craft breweries is releasing a Wheat beer "pretty things" at 11am this morning. 750mL bottle, 6 bottle limit if anyone is interested they will probably go quick.

https://twitter.com/StoneCityAles
http://stonecityales.com/
sca.jpg
robbroncs wrote:is there a curfew there or anything to that affect? I'm curious if they would play an ultimate longer set than the previous shows...
It wouldn't surprise me they could get around the standard 11pm curfew.
nhaste wrote:We are going to the show tomorrow!

Anyway, our friends who we are going with (and have our tickets which are credit card entry) won't be getting to Kingston until 730 or so. I know it's going to be nuts downtown. Any suggestions on places to park within about a 20 minute walk to K Rock?
.... Good luck with that. There are many street closures and parking/traffic is going to be a ZOO. I think your best bet is parking outside of the venue vicinity and taking transit or cab as close as you can and then walking. Hopefully security lines have thinned out by that point.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
redhill
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by redhill »

Anyone from the Niagara area that may be thinking on picking up some of that beer.....would be much appreciated in getting at least one , preferablly two bottles for my collection
Scotty12
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Scotty12 »

The lottery moment of truth is mere minutes away!! Goodluck all basers :music
redhill wrote:Anyone from the Niagara area that may be thinking on picking up some of that beer.....would be much appreciated in getting at least one , preferablly two bottles for my collection
Im not from the Niagara area but visit often with my wife. Provided they aren't sold out before 1130, you're all set :thumb:

Anyone else interested please email [email protected] before 1130.

Shameless plug: I am looking for a replacement copy of Vault #4 and the yellow hockey player FC poster if anyone wants to sell/trade.