2016-08-01 - Calgary, Alberta

Locked6
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Re: 2016-08-01 - Calgary, Alberta

Post by Locked6 »

whiteknux wrote:Hip official setlist has "Something Else" by Eddie Cochran (commonly known as "Somethin' Else" and famously covered by Sid Vicious) listed as played rather than "Something On"- that's a mistake, right? Even links to the lyrics of the Cochran tune so I'm assuming the Hip have covered it before, maybe in '07 when they played all those amazing covers?

Yes this is a mistake where ever you saw this it was Something On.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

whiteknux wrote:Hip official setlist has "Something Else" by Eddie Cochran (commonly known as "Somethin' Else" and famously covered by Sid Vicious) listed as played rather than "Something On"- that's a mistake, right? Even links to the lyrics of the Cochran tune so I'm assuming the Hip have covered it before, maybe in '07 when they played all those amazing covers?
That is just s mistaken link on TheHip.com pointing to the Something Else cover from 2007.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Chris Tanz
Completist
Completist

Post by Chris Tanz »

surferguy wrote:It Was One of Those Nights

“It was one of those nights” he quipped and with a final wave he turned and walked into the shadows wiping away a tear. Nobody could sidestep the emotion, not even Gord.

It all happened and I was there.
Amazing recap. Thank you for the review!

ct
NWOntario
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by NWOntario »

Two years. Feels like it was yesterday.

I saw five shows in 2016, and all of them were special - but there was something about this one. I can't quite articulate it. But the vibe, the performance, the crowd, "Grace Too," the fact that (for me) it was my first time back at the Saddledome since moving away from Calgary the year before...it was a special night, every bit as special as Kingston was for me.
NWOntario
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by NWOntario »

NWOntario wrote:Two years. Feels like it was yesterday.

I saw five shows in 2016, and all of them were special - but there was something about this one. I can't quite articulate it. But the vibe, the performance, the crowd, "Grace Too," the fact that (for me) it was my first time back at the Saddledome since moving away from Calgary the year before...it was a special night, every bit as special as Kingston was for me.
Four years. Feels like it was yesterday.

I was at the show with three other people, including my buddy Jay. Two years ago Jay was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and four months later he was gone. This was our last show together, which makes it even more special in retrospect. I hope he and Gord are hangin' out this Civic Day Weekend.