2002-06-21 - Burlington Vermont Boat Cruise - Burlington, VT

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

cbee
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

2002-06-21 - Burlington Vermont Boat Cruise - Burlington, VT

Post by cbee »

How time flies ... go back a little over a month ago. The weds before the Fri, June 21st preimere. I am at "breakwaters" cafe and the Wizard radio station is giving away a pair of passes. I win. Couldn't be more estatic to be going to see my favorite band perform.

The band started around 10 pm after "hip hip hip" chants seemed to be endlessly chanted. They did a warm up of bobcaygeon while we were waiting in line.

We luck out, my girlfriend and I, and end up in the front row, a little off to the right. In front of me is Bob Baker, to his left Gord S. And then gordie, then paul (Johnny in the back). Very appropriate start to the gig, NOIS. ROCKING ! From beginning to end, very high energy. Gordie seemed to be charged up !

At one point, he was pretending to eat moths(bugs) that were flying around in the stage lights. Saying things like: "I haven't eaten for days"; "what are you doing here ?".

All in all a very solid performence. We even go to meet Paul, Bob, and Johnny. Paul and bob were very friendly. We hung around for an hour or so after the crowd departed and got to meet Gordie. He signed my IVL CD "Chris' Lagoon"

A very intimate setting. Very high energy. Great total band performance.
Lake Champlain was blessed for the evening. **** FOUR STARS ****

Feel free to ask me questions about the show. [/quote]