2002-08-30 - Odeon - Cleveland, OH

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

Drez7
DareDevil
DareDevil

2002-08-30 - Odeon - Cleveland, OH

Post by Drez7 »

What a show! Just pulled in from Cleveland and it is now 5:45 am.

Setlist goes as follows:

Silver Jet
New Orleans is Sinking (Just Swim, I got ya covered...Swim)
Fully Completely
The Darkest One
Lake Fever
Fireworks
Courage
Inevitibility Of Death
It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken
100th Meridian (Life is All About Forgetting)
Something On (It's true, it's you and you and you and you)
A Beautiful Thing
50 Mission Cap
Ahead By A Century
The Dire Wolf
Giftshop
Little Bones

Encore:
Thugs
Scared
Three Pistols!!!!!!!

This was an awesome little venue. We pulled up around 6:15, Doors at 8. Met some really cool people before hand. Also heard that a couple without tickets ran into The Hip at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame earlier in the day and asked if there was anything they could do about getting in. Gord D. says How bout I put you on the guestlist, very nice of him! The wait in line to get in was well worth it, stood front row the whole show. Wayne, the opening band from Alabama was very good. The boys come on around 10:15 just after a little Radiohead house music. Violet Lights come down and it was rockin from here on out. The crowd was unbelievable and were singing along with every tune! Gord was on all night like always, dancing, rambling, smiling, and definitely dripping with sweat from Silver Jet on. Three Pistols was my wish and there it was, last song of the night. My favorite Hip show to date, great holiday weekend!! Caught one of Johnny's beat up drum sticks. Well, would write more but the sun is coming up. I'll be at Darien Lake for Sunday's show. Don't know if it will top this one but will be good for sure.
coolcatmissy
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by coolcatmissy »

Ooh, beat me to the setlist. You're right, what a great venue. 100th and IOD were rockin' and easily highlights of the night. Courage, though not my favorite, sounded great too. I loved the "Let's Go Buffalo" chant at the beginning though. :lol: Did Gord say something about the Sabres in 50-Mission Cap? My one wish though, was Emperor Penguin. Oh well. Great concert!
ito
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by ito »

That's why I didn't get to hear Three Pistols on the 29th! They saved it for you guys... The Thursday show was great too, but you guys got the better set.
coolcatmissy
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by coolcatmissy »

I don't know....I really wanted to hear Nautical Disaster, Dark Canuck and Springtime.
AmbitionlessHipster
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by AmbitionlessHipster »

Dark Canuck is awsesome live! They played it in Toronto#1... and it was fantastic... what a song!!!!!! Gotta love the second half...... :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :!: :!: :!: :o
coolcatmissy
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by coolcatmissy »

Holy crap, Mike! It turns out that the couple you speak of (at the Rock'N'Roll Hall Of Fame) lives in the same town as me, which is a pretty small town. Only person we knew at the show too. It really is a small world.