2002-09-02 - Ontario Community Centre - Walkerton, ON

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

farmerdan
Completist
Completist

Post by farmerdan »

it was last week, i cant remember all that much but i know they played last of the unplucked gems and didnt have it written down on the setlist.

no beer sales
no re-entry
kinda made my day a sobering experience

they still played an amazing show worthy of our 2 1/2 hour trek
arseface88
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by arseface88 »

not only did they play gems, they played jems as a segway into the dire wolf, which worked terrifically well. "living is forgetting" version of the hundredth meridian made my day. gord mentioned the lifesized blowup dolls somebody put out into the crow in his ranting. paul and rob seemed to be having an especially good time. less from the new album then expected. a tight performance, but still enough variation to keep me plenty happy. FANTASTIC show. unfortunately, the bootleg of it has disapointing audio quality. nice to see fewer drunks then at sarnia.
kieffer
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Re: 2002-09-02 - Ontario Community Centre - Walkerton, ON

Post by kieffer »

Silver Jet
My Music at Work
New Orleans Is Sinking
Grace, Too
Use It Up
Bobcaygeon
Nautical Disaster
Fireworks
It's a Good Life if You Don't Weaken
Poets
Springtime in Vienna - "We'd like to do an end of summer song if we could, not many bands keep them in their repetoire, people don't like to hear them. This end of summer song is called Springtime in Vienna"
The Dark Canuck - "Who's for the Dark Canuck? It's almost dark enough for the dark Canuck"
At the Hundredth Meridian
Ahead by a Century - with a Pink Moon tag on the end
The Last of the Unplucked Gems - one of the few (and possibly first time) this song was used as a lead in to the dire wolf
The Dire Wolf
Little Bones - Silver Bells (yes the Christmas song tag at the start of the song)
Are You Ready
Wheat Kings
Blow at High Dough
coldlakeswimmer
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Re: 2002-09-02 - Ontario Community Centre - Walkerton, ON

Post by coldlakeswimmer »

this was a memorable show. great big sea was there too. we all arrived very hungover from camping at bruce national park. no additional beers needed. boys were great. there were many taxis on the way in after the show full of pizza deliveries. it was funny to walk by all of that after a long day. met gbs and many, many locals :P