2002-06-30 - Citadel Hill - Halifax, Nova Scotia

Been to a show and would like to give a review?

Moderator: Moderators

mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

2002-06-30 - Citadel Hill - Halifax, Nova Scotia

Post by mrlayance »

Wow, what a night. The croud was crazy, drunk people puking on people infront of them, throughing sparklers, bottles shoe at Gord( I will get to taht in a second) and those STUPID red lazer pointers.

Anyway, The show was not bad at all. Started out ruff and ABAC was really bad, probably the worst I had heard. But Gord got a Red Dot in the eye, you could tell he jumped back, and just before the song started someone through a sparkler on stage, scared Gord alittle I think. But after that all that crap, the show was AMAZING, Silver Jet sounded amazing!, use it up, darkest one, I could go on forever. I choose to take pictures instead of writing the setlist down. They played a great mix of tunes, locked, 100th meridian, music @ work, fully. A stupid person in the croud through a show at gord and hit his leg, he went on to rant about it, I can't remeber right know what he said, I hope a good recording is out there, it was Classic!

You can see my pictures in the http://www.hipbase.com/gallery/ I have a few good ones

Over all it was a great show, I hope that the Hip do a few more outdoor shows in Eastern Canada in the furture.

I need some sleep, too much beer.....
Last edited by mrlayance on Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
petertkalec
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by petertkalec »

Yeah - did anyone tape last night's show? I'd LOVE to get a copy. Great show.
teflonsteve
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by teflonsteve »

I am getting a copy of the show from the taper. It sounds really good from what I have heard. Drop an email and I'll tell you when I receive the show.
teflonsteve
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by teflonsteve »

BTW. I was at the show and what a great show it was. You may have noticed me if you were there as I stuck out. I was the big guy wearing a Team Canada Jersey and a funny looking hat :)

I highly enjoyed the show which was my first show and they started it out very well with use it up followed by music at work and new orleans is sinking and then slamming into fully completely. It was an awesome way to start the show. The crowd was very rough up front so I decided it was time to get the hell out of there. I had been up front all day and hadnt had a drink in a while so I was fairly tired, especially after nursing a hangover. I then found my way out onto the hill to find a friend who was watching from there and then we found a good spot on the hill. While I watched from the hill I witnessed something I had never seen in my limited concert experience. There were grown couples laying together singing loud and porud every word of the hips songs which was an amazing experience. The band played a VERY good Ahead By A Century which was followed by an equally good version of "The Dire Wolf".
The Song closing out the main set was Nautical Disaster which was also done very well. I was surprised to see alot of people leaving after Nautical Disaster, only to see them turn around as they heard the opening drum beat to Grace, Too. They ended the show once and for all with Blow At High Dough which was an awesome way to close the show.

As a new hip fan, seeing my first hip show, I was VERY impressed and cant help but hope they do an arena tour in the fall.
highlander
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by highlander »

Here's hoping they do, but most likely wont be till late this year or next year. I will standing in line to get me a ticket for sure :)

High
eags
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by eags »

I will have the halifax show in my mail box soon, I will put it on the Hipbase FTP as well as on my ftp!! Keep your eyes open
teflonsteve
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by teflonsteve »

Im hoping they do their normal touring schedule this year, like others. I go to UNB and the hip have historically always played both saint john and moncton so I should be able to see at the very least 1 show.
mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

Post by mrlayance »

I hope so aswell, I want to see all the shows east of Montreal!!
I would love a good Hip roadtrip.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
teflonsteve
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by teflonsteve »

Yeah a road trip would sound good. I hope they tour during a time when I have no midterms/exams.
iamcrazyjustlikeyou
New Maybe
New Maybe

hip on the hill (in halifax that is)

Post by iamcrazyjustlikeyou »

hey anybody that saw hip in halifax ya gota send me a message! it was soo awesome!!!! even if i got crushed and got my glasses bent lol i'd do it all over again! and waiting 2 hours for my ticket all worth it!! woo hoo!!! i have pics too! ok yea so awesome show mmm hip :roll: :P hey what's with the newbie thingy :( i dont like being a newbie :evil: