Suggestion

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

daylight
Sherpa
Sherpa

Suggestion

Post by daylight »

I frequent another band-centric bulletin board and they have two live show forums: one for upcoming shows, and one for reviews. As soon as dates are announced, topics are posted in the upcoming area so that people can discuss how excited they are, arrange meetups/rides, and sell/exchange tickets or whatever (I know the latter's already taken care of here, but it could be integrated). Once the shows are over, those topics are locked, and new ones are posted in the review section for people to discuss what actually happened. It helps keep the clutter down in the general sections and also prevents the review threads from getting bogged down by pre-discussion of what might be played, etc. I think such a system would be great on this board, since the live aspect is such an important part of the Hip, and it could be helpful with regard to meetups/exchanges/taping and whatnot.

Now, I have no idea how these things (bulletin boards) are run, nor how much work this would be, so it's entirely possible that it'd take too much effort to add a new forum. It's worked very well for the other band, though, and I just thought I'd throw it out there.