board controls - turning off signatures??

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

tigerthelion
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by tigerthelion »

day_for_night wrote:or they could just turn that feature on, not sure what the hell you people care so much about it. jesus...
I care because I liked my pic of Jordana! Oh, lovely Jordana! :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:
day_for_night
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by day_for_night »

lol i don't think you understand, sparky. there are board controls for phb and vBulletin boards that allow users to change their individual settings so that people's signatures, avatars, etc don't show up. if people want to see them, they can, if not they turn the feature off for their view ONLY. you can still keep your precious pictures...
tigerthelion
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by tigerthelion »

day_for_night wrote:lol i don't think you understand, sparky. there are board controls for phb and vBulletin boards that allow users to change their individual settings so that people's signatures, avatars, etc don't show up. if people want to see them, they can, if not they turn the feature off for their view ONLY. you can still keep your precious pictures...
Ok there, fido. I had a perfectly fine picture in my sig yesterday and today I went to make a post and my sig pic was cut off. Why couldn't I see my own sig pic if I didn't make any changes as far as board controls go? From what you said, YOU can make my sig pic disappear to YOU. Why did it disappear to ME? Because Lance put a limit on sig pic size.
day_for_night
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by day_for_night »

i didn't ask him to do that, so take it up with him instead of me maybe?
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Lance, is there any chance of making the sig dimensions a little wider please? Currently, the width is 200, but if you apply that width to my sig image you can barely see it! :( It also seems to be cutting the text off which is odd.

Thanks!
mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

Post by mrlayance »

Sigs are set to 500 width and 100 height?
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

That's odd, because whenever I try and submit changes to my sig I get this message:

opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

Zenith wrote:That's odd, because whenever I try and submit changes to my sig I get this message:

i'm not getting that, but my sigs end up looking all messed up..
mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

Post by mrlayance »

Give that a try now. Should be fixed.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
mark
Completist
Completist

Post by mark »

thank god. now we don't have to look at that huge joint anymore
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

mrlayance wrote:Give that a try now. Should be fixed.
Perfect, Lance. Thanks very much!
The Horrible Esthete
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by The Horrible Esthete »

Gotta say...I like the size restriction Lance added.

Some sig images are both cool and unimposing, like Zenith's for example.

Monstrous portraits of no-talent wet-dream subjects and images of kind nugs that would weigh an ounce if pictured at actual size are just plain annoying after a couple instances.

The moral of the story is that simple discretion on the part of posters would've prevented an official (and warranted) query to board administration. A diminutive image in your sig will handily express your adorations and idolatry, and will more than likely be appreciated by more of us than 8.5 x 11 murals of schoolboy crushes will.

:thumb:

[braces for overzealous retaliation]
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

The moral of the story is that simple discretion on the part of posters would've prevented an official (and warranted) query to board administration. A diminutive image in your sig will handily express your adorations and idolatry, and will more than likely be appreciated by more of us than 8.5 x 11 murals of schoolboy crushes will.

:thumb:

[braces for overzealous retaliation][/quote]Yeh i would have to disagree on your observation.if someone wasnt worried about someone looking over their shoulder at school this would not be an issue.(well maybe not for some people) :roll:
The Horrible Esthete
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by The Horrible Esthete »

BIGVDOGG wrote:Yeh i would have to disagree on your observation.if someone wasnt worried about someone looking over their shoulder at school this would not be an issue.(well maybe not for some people) :roll:
Actually, "LargeFiveCanine", it would still be an issue to everyone who gets annoyed at huge images in sigs; I know for a fact that day_for_night and yours truly aren't the only ones.

In reality "this would not be an issue" if people didn't put annoyingly large images in their sigs.
tigerthelion
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by tigerthelion »

:P If I had a big sig image of Tom Waits, I somehow think you wouldn't mind, Esthete. :rambo:

Anyway, maybe two sig pics was too much. I don't think one sig pic of the size I had my pics at should have bothered people too much. Oh well. I hope I can still have my schoolboy crush, whatever that means. :roll:
Last edited by tigerthelion on Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.