New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Hi Lance,

I've just been trying to change my avatar, but when I submit it, I get this message:

You have added too many images in your signature. You can only add 0 images in your signature.

I'm not trying to change anything in my sig. Granted I have an image in there (which I want to keep). Have you changed the permissions since I last added the image? It looks like I can't do anything else unless I remove it which I don't want to do.

Any help would be appriciated. :)

Thanks
-Ben
mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

Post by mrlayance »

huh, I will check it out.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Lizard King
The Last Recluse

Post by Lizard King »

the Hipbase was acting wonky for me this morning, not avatar issues, but every time i tried to access the forum i got a critical error message, it finally went away this afternoon, plus the home page was a mess of error messages. maybe that has something to do with it..?
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

Post by mrlayance »

Could be, my host is having database issues. I will look into this right now.
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Thanks for checking it out, Lance. :thumb:

Edit: My old one seems to have disappeared. I had a go at adding the new avatar again (linking to an offsite host) and I got different error message this time:

Unable to upload file

DEBUG MODE

Line : 260
File : usercp_avatar.php
mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

Post by mrlayance »

I was just testing this and I have no idea. Must be something out of my control server side. Keep me posted if anyone else has this problem.
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

Thanks Lance. I got my avatar to change, but only by removing the image from my sig. Is there a setting in the CP which says that no images are allowed in sigs or something?
mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

Post by mrlayance »

Zenith wrote:Thanks Lance. I got my avatar to change, but only by removing the image from my sig. Is there a setting in the CP which says that no images are allowed in sigs or something?
Don't believe so.
Zenith
Completist
Completist

Post by Zenith »

mrlayance wrote:
Zenith wrote:Thanks Lance. I got my avatar to change, but only by removing the image from my sig. Is there a setting in the CP which says that no images are allowed in sigs or something?
Don't believe so.
Hmmm, that's very strange then. Thanks though, Lance - I'll give it another try at some point.
Lizard King
The Last Recluse

Post by Lizard King »

Im having problems switching avatars, whenever I try to make a change I get this...

updateUser failed for 1582. Here is the error message from G2:
Error (ERROR_PLATFORM_FAILURE) : /hsphere/local/home/mrlayanc/hipbase.com/gallery/g2data/locks/0/3/35
in modules/core/classes/FlockLockSystem.class at line 77 (gallerycoreapi::error)
in modules/core/classes/GalleryLockSystem.class at line 153 (flocklocksystem::_acquirelock)
in modules/core/classes/helpers/GalleryLockHelper_simple.class at line 185 (flocklocksystem::acquirewritelock)
in modules/core/classes/GalleryCoreApi.class at line 2308 (gallerylockhelper_simple::acquirewritelock)
in modules/core/classes/GalleryEmbed.class at line 396 (gallerycoreapi::acquirewritelock)
in /home/hsphere/local/home/mrlayanc/hipbase.com/forum/g2helper.inc at line 174 (galleryembed::updateuser)
in /home/hsphere/local/home/mrlayanc/hipbase.com/forum/includes/usercp_register.php at line 605 (g2helper::updateuser)
in /home/hsphere/local/home/mrlayanc/hipbase.com/forum/profile.php at line 93

DEBUG MODE

Line : 176
File : g2helper.inc

HELP!
The Horrible Esthete
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by The Horrible Esthete »

I had the same issue yesterday when I tried to change my avatar from Trusty ol' Mr. Redlegs to this new, bitter, Anti-Cubs beaut.

I was getting the "You have added too many images in your signature. You can only add 0 images in your signature" error message Zenith was getting.

So I deleted ny sig, and the avatar uploaded. Apparently, someone somewhere doesn't want images in our sigs for some reason.
Lizard King
The Last Recluse

Post by Lizard King »

I still cant chage my avatar, anyone else having troubles??

I keep getting this error message..

Error (ERROR_PLATFORM_FAILURE) : /hsphere/local/home/mrlayanc/hipbase.com/gallery/g2data/locks/0/3/35
in modules/core/classes/FlockLockSystem.class at line 77 (gallerycoreapi::error)
in modules/core/classes/GalleryLockSystem.class at line 153 (flocklocksystem::_acquirelock)
in modules/core/classes/helpers/GalleryLockHelper_simple.class at line 185 (flocklocksystem::acquirewritelock)
in modules/core/classes/GalleryCoreApi.class at line 2308 (gallerylockhelper_simple::acquirewritelock)
in modules/core/classes/GalleryEmbed.class at line 396 (gallerycoreapi::acquirewritelock)
in /home/hsphere/local/home/mrlayanc/hipbase.com/forum/g2helper.inc at line 174 (galleryembed::updateuser)
in /home/hsphere/local/home/mrlayanc/hipbase.com/forum/includes/usercp_register.php at line 605 (g2helper::updateuser)

DEBUG MODE

File : g2helper.i

HELP!
mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

Post by mrlayance »

LizardKing51 wrote:I still cant chage my avatar, anyone else having troubles??

I keep getting this error message..

DEBUG MODE

File : g2helper.i

HELP!
Weird, I will take a look.
mrlayance
Tragically Rich
Tragically Rich

Post by mrlayance »

Still stumped, I will try again tonight.
Lizard King
The Last Recluse

Post by Lizard King »

whatever you did worked, im back baby!