This really is a great forum

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

robert goulet
DareDevil
DareDevil

This really is a great forum

Post by robert goulet »

Hey Basers,

Since going to the Springsteen concert last week I've spent some time on some Bruce forums and one thing has become crystal clear...this truly is a great forum.

www.backstreets.com is the name of their main forum and although they have a huge amount of people posting on that site, it really lacks the polish and community that this one has. There is a ridiculous amount of multiple posts on the same topics, they don't have any separate sections for show reviews, setlists, downloading and trading...it's actually quite weak.

And when you combine the quality of this site with the awesome HipTracker, (which I know is temporarily down) what you get is a one-two punch that few other bands can boast and I for one am indebted to guys like Lance and Chris.

Great work fellas, thanks!
MattyM
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by MattyM »

succinctly put, and I agree totally, I went through a period where I stopped posting on any forums. This one is the only one I truly missed, and thus far the only one I've returned to!
Come say hi on twitter @MattMerritt
j-monster
Completist
Completist

Post by j-monster »

I third that motion, Lance and Chris are da men! :lol: :thumb:
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Re: This really is a great forum

Post by Hugh23 »

robert goulet wrote: And when you combine the quality of this site with the awesome HipTracker, (which I know is temporarily down) what you get is a one-two punch that few other bands can boast and I for one am indebted to guys like Lance and Chris.

Great work fellas, thanks!
I also want to thank Lance and Chris. Their dedication to The Hip and the extra effort that they put into their websites is incredible! We would not have a Hip Community without them.

I have met Chris at a number of Hip shows. I consider him one of my friends. I have always enjoyed hanging out with Chris, Trevor and their friends at the concerts. I am so glad that I am part of the Hipbase and The HipTracker.
MattyM
Sherpa
Sherpa

Re: This really is a great forum

Post by MattyM »

Hugh23 wrote:I have met Chris at a number of Hip shows. I consider him one of my friends. I have always enjoyed hanging out with Chris, Trevor and their friends at the concerts. I am so glad that I am part of the Hipbase and The HipTracker.
Agein, well put, after spending time with Chris, Trevor, Adrian and the others who participated in Eurohip I regard them as friends, and it is a pity I don't have more opportunity to share their company, great people!
Come say hi on twitter @MattMerritt
Lizard King
The Last Recluse

Post by Lizard King »

Great forum for sure, Ive been on some others and none are as much fun as this one or as close knit I think.

I also met Chris once and I was very impressed, nice teeth, great posture. A class act.

:thumb:
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
tigerthelion
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by tigerthelion »

LizardKing51 wrote:Great forum for sure, Ive been on some others and none are as much fun as this one or as close knit I think.

I also met Chris once and I was very impressed, nice teeth, great posture. A class act.

:thumb:
:lol: Good stuff! :lol:
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

this is a great forum. You've welcomed a douche-bag like me into your lives, and for that i'm thankful! :P
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

opiated wrote:this is a great forum. You've welcomed a douche-bag like me into your lives, and for that i'm thankful! :P
Make that 2 douche-bags :thumb: On a serious note i am coming up on 1 year in a few days. A year ago i never would have imagined video-taping a show,nevermind my name being in the credits! Have been a fan from early on, and i can honestly say that after the Belleville show last year,and finding this forum my love for this band has never been greater.Thx to everyone for having me.peace.V
sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

opiated wrote:this is a great forum. You've welcomed a douche-bag like me into your lives, and for that i'm thankful! :P
...Oh... I didn't know we had a choice...

:)
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
opiated
Lighthouse Keeper
Lighthouse Keeper

Post by opiated »

sean.bonner wrote:
...Oh... I didn't know we had a choice...

:)
c'mon..i've helped you get your post count higher numerous times :thumb:
LandscapesEmerg
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by LandscapesEmerg »

Certainly a great forum. Might be a decade late for me. I lost my sanity listening to Whorella rant you know where. Although, in one of those odd moments ... I met her at a Hip concert in Toledo and she gave me some free weed which was kinda nice. I'll never forget her friend's bright red cowboy boots. Oh yea. Madge ... that's her name. LOL.

Great forum.

Thanks for hip FTP too :)