PMs and Email Notifications?

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

chris
The Last Recluse

PMs and Email Notifications?

Post by chris »

For the last few days I haven't been receiving the email notifications on updated topics or PMs; any one else having this issue? I sent two PMs a couple days ago and see that they are still in my Outbox leading me to believe that others are not being notified either, as the recipients have been to the site since then.
chris
The Last Recluse

Re: PMs and Email Notifications?

Post by chris »

So seeing as no one else has responded to this thread, I assume that no one else is having any issues....
mojo_mattv
Completist
Completist

Post by mojo_mattv »

I don't know about that, but I'm finding that whenever I come to the forums, at least in the past, I'd just click on the "new posts" option and it'd bring up all of the post's that had been made since I last visited. Lately (since the base was updated) none of the "old" new post's are being removed from the "new post's" section. Get what I mean :scratch: Either way it's frustrating because I'm getting all of these posts I've already seen the last time I was there.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

Chris: I just received a PM and did not get notified of it. Otherwise I am not signed up for other email notifications.

mojo_mattv: When I look around I click "Board Index" and then click any "yellow" notification icon or post and then it just takes me to the latest post in that topic that I have not read. I have never tried the "view unanswered posts" button.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

mojo_mattv wrote:I don't know about that, but I'm finding that whenever I come to the forums, at least in the past, I'd just click on the "new posts" option and it'd bring up all of the post's that had been made since I last visited. Lately (since the base was updated) none of the "old" new post's are being removed from the "new post's" section. Get what I mean :scratch: Either way it's frustrating because I'm getting all of these posts I've already seen the last time I was there.
I do get what you mean as that's happening for me too. My bookmark for Hipbase was the "View new posts" page, but now I see all the recent posts, not just the new ones.
Tthip wrote:Chris: I just received a PM and did not get notified of it. Otherwise I am not signed up for other email notifications.

mojo_mattv: When I look around I click "Board Index" and then click any "yellow" notification icon or post and then it just takes me to the latest post in that topic that I have not read. I have never tried the "view unanswered posts" button.
The "View unanswered posts" is top left. "View new posts" is top right. Unanswered works as it should for me, but not New posts...
sullivand
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by sullivand »

Chris: I sent you a test PM last night. Still sitting in my outbox, so looks like I'm having the same issues as others.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

sullivand wrote:Chris: I sent you a test PM last night. Still sitting in my outbox, so looks like I'm having the same issues as others.
I just came to the site and saw that I had a PM - so the PMs are working; but I did not receive an email notice that a PM was waiting, nor did I get the New PM pop-up I normally get.

Thanks Drew.
Tthip
The Last Recluse

Post by Tthip »

chris wrote: nor did I get the New PM pop-up I normally get.
I still get the pop-up.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
chagrinfalls
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by chagrinfalls »

i'm not receiving email notices of new comments on threads i've already made a comment in, if you know what i mean. i used to & i'm fairly certain i haven't changed any settings or preferences. is there something new i need to do to make sure i get email notices?

thanks in advance.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

chagrinfalls wrote:i'm not receiving email notices of new comments on threads i've already made a comment in, if you know what i mean. i used to & i'm fairly certain i haven't changed any settings or preferences. is there something new i need to do to make sure i get email notices?

thanks in advance.
That's the same issue I'm having...
sullivand
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by sullivand »

And have you guys checked your "Board preferences" -- http://hipbase.com/forum/ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=personal? I checked today and found that it was set to "No" for the pop-up option.
chagrinfalls
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by chagrinfalls »

lighthouse keeper wrote

chagrinfalls wrote:
i'm not receiving email notices of new comments on threads i've already made a comment in, if you know what i mean. i used to & i'm fairly certain i haven't changed any settings or preferences. is there something new i need to do to make sure i get email notices?

thanks in advance.

That's the same issue I'm having...

so, for example, i had to come here to see if there were any further replies to this thread because i don't receive any notice--you too? :)

i checked my settings as thoroughly as the bad blood between me & my computer would allow, & couldn't find the problem. if you find out on your end, i would def appreciate a heads up.
mojo_mattv
Completist
Completist

Post by mojo_mattv »

The 'view new posts' option still isn't working properly. Is there someone we should be talking to about this rather than one another?
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

I emailed Lance about it when I started this thread.

And coincidentally I just received 89 emails from hipbase updating me on threads that had replies...
chagrinfalls
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by chagrinfalls »

it's raining topic reply notifications in my email inbox!! :)