hello

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

johno
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

hello

Post by johno »

hi y'all.
i'm johno' and i've joined up recently, made a few posts.
thanks to those of you who offered to get me some bootlegs, your quick response was not expected and well received (my this is sounding formal)
anyway, i've been following the hip since i first heard NOIS on chez106
out of ottawa, having grown up in star lake, ny, about an hour's drive away on the yankee side of the border. star lake has always been crazy for the hip. when i go back to visit i always hear it cranking at the blue spruce tavern on rt. 3 (if you're passing through, stop in and don't be afraid to request some).
i'd really like to know who the strummers are - i have written up some hip tabs and will post them if anyone wants (i already have put up the luxury and the dark canuck; please respond so i know i'm not wasting my time and your space! :wink: ) i'll take resquests if anyone's struggling with a tune, although i can't guarantee i won't be stumped as well.
anyway, i grew up watching cjoh and ckws and all that, "the beachcombers" "mister dress-up" and even the king of kensington. so just consider me an honarary canoe (i've been mistaken for one 'cos of my accent, we really say "eh" a lot in northern ny.) thanks for the great site - johno'
CanuckCourage
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by CanuckCourage »

Hahaha welcome Johno, ahh the Beachcombers and Mister Dressup bring me back to the early eighties. :lol: ...and who didn't love Relic ?