Introduce Yerself

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

Remy Mark
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Remy Mark »

yep, another dutchie.....

A warm welkom, i feel right at home.

To come back to your question, I listen to my tragically hip cd's in Almere. Lived there all my life, but must say, it's not the best city to be living in (in my opinion).
Beat
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Beat »

I can imagine how you feel Remy Mark, don't like Almere very much either. Of course i don't live there. You can tell it's a relatively new city.
Kim
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Kim »

Never been to Almere but by the sound of things, I haven't missed out on too much.
On the other hand I'm sure that Volendam, Sint-Anna Parochie and Leiden are more than worth a visit :lol:
Storm
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Storm »

ah Remy Mark :) (Remy because of the lonely boy or as a part of your real name???)
It doesn't really mather where you listen to your hipcd's as long as you listen to them ;)
anesthesiologist
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by anesthesiologist »

Hey All!
Been posting for awhile now but haven't introduced myself yet, my oversight I assure you. My name is Aaron and I'm originally from Toronto, moved to the Hammer for 5 years for school and now I'm out here on the West Coast in Vancouver (Halifax came a close second Lance, Rory, High...really close!). Anyways I've been a fan since about '93 when I caught Courage on MM for the first time, way better than anything I'd seen on there so I just had to get the album (on cassettee too!). Never managed to see the boys for quite a number of years (not that I didn't try, too many weird happenings and circumstance to go into here) but finally managed to see them NYE '99 for the first time and realized that what everyone was saying was true, great live show, totally awesome!! Seen them quite a number of time since then including Lees Palace Olympic warm up, Gord's first solo show (kind of) at the Do What Arts Festival, in Hamilton, Toronto (many times), Rochester, Albany and Vancouver. My GF is a big fan too (thanks to moi and many bootlegs recorded probably by people here) and she approves of my habit, which is mostly harmless :) Plus it gets us meeting cool people and travelling to many different places! Definately a habit worth keeping!!
Well that's about all for now,
lates
aaron
D-man
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by D-man »

Hey everybody! I'm Darren. I'm 20 and currently living in Toronto. I've been visiting the Hipbase for a while now, but I've only just decided to join the forum. I've been a Hip fan ever since I got into music (around Fully Completely era), and my love of their music has done nothing but grow since then. This summer has been pretty Hip packed, what with the Concert for Toronto and Edgefest. I've also started a decent collection of bootlegs. That's really all I've got to say for now, just though I'd introduce myself. Later all!
hipkid33
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by hipkid33 »

Welcome Darren! Glad to have you aboard. I'm sure you will find this to be a great forum with even better people.

Cheers!

Chad
mikeysaint
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by mikeysaint »

hey,
I am mike (obviously) I actually joined sometime in January while on a business trip but the connection was so slow that I was not able to post and forgot that I joined utill I had to clean up my e-mail at work.

I grew up in Northern NY and am currently in Atlanta Georgia with a stop in Virginia and St. Louis MO before.

I have seen the hip 25 times and just recently saw Gord's solo stop in Atlanta.

Other than that I pretty boring if above in not boring enough
sonofdad
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Introduce yourself

Post by sonofdad »

Hello,
I'm Phil from Evanston, IL (Chicago area) and have been a huge hip fan for 11 years (road apples era). I've seen the boys 9 or 10 times and was at the Martyr's show after the common bootleg. That venue was awesome, holding about 200 of the Hip's closest friends. I've seen the Hip in Milwaukee at Summerfest and they played Inch an Hour for an encore (one of my faves). My fave album is Day For Night, and the first 4 tunes from the Martyr's boot just can't be beat.

Check out www.sonofdad.com (my band's website). Later.
dyersbay
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by dyersbay »

Welcome to the board! :D
rudolficus
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by rudolficus »

hi folks ,

another dutchie in town,its getting crowded.... :wink:
i,m from DA south.
looking forward to have a nice conversation from time to time.
non dutchies are more then welcome aswell... :wink:
Beat
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Beat »

Mogge Rudolf ;)

Dutchies are taking over! ;)
Storm
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Storm »

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai Rudolf... :D