Introduce Yerself

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

MyWorldContainer
New Maybe
New Maybe

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by MyWorldContainer »

I'm Jade, Step son of Summiteer. I have been listening to the hip since my first memories of when my mom n my step dad got together. I made an account to look into guitar tabs, once apon a time I had found some. I am a reindeer herder up in Inuvik , NT. 22 years old and will be listening to the band untel I collapse. Cheers
msilver88
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by msilver88 »

Hi everyone,

I'm Mike in Nova Scotia and I've been a fan since Up To Here was released. I've only seen them in concert once, but hope to see them again soon.
bigtwinkie37
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by bigtwinkie37 »

Hi all! I'm Rob from Buffalo. I have seen the Hip several times in Buffalo and Rochester over the years. I'm a fan of just good old fashion Rock and Roll. Enjoy the music all!
bigtwinkie37
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by bigtwinkie37 »

Hi all!
I'm Rob from Buffalo. I have seen The Hip several times in the Buffalo and Rochester area over the years. Good old Rock and Roll cures all!
Barnabas69
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Barnabas69 »

Dave, a Network Product Manager from Syracuse. Long time Hip fan for many reasons, most of which I guess is the tightness of the band and great song writing.
waquinlan
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by waquinlan »

I'm Bill from Buffalo. i saw my first Hip Show almost 20 years ago at the old War Memorial Auditorium in Buffalo. Last Months Hip Show at the First Niagara was the best Hip show I's seen since the Darien Lake, NY show I saw in 2004.
HIP1992
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by HIP1992 »

Hello fellow HIP fans, new here as of yesterday.
Name is Jeff, 23, live in the Niagara Ontario area.
Have grown up on the HIP as my father is a huge fan, I am primarily a fan of heavy metal music, but as I went a rough patch in my life a few years back I found myself searching for happiness elsewhere and That is where I found my love for the HIP.
I attend on average 20 shows a year of metal music, and am now putting that effort to HIP shows.
My first show was the free one in Toronto in 2014 for NHL kickoff, then went heavy on the FC tour, hitting up the Cleveland, St. Catharines, London, Toronto, Windsor, and a Rama show.
Glad I found this forum as I hope to have many good conversations and hopefully meet some people!
aviastar
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by aviastar »

Hi!

I've been a Hip fan since '96. Grew up in Buffalo. Live in KC now. I'm a pilot. Saw them live at HSBC Arena (home of the Sabres) in Dec, 2000.

Cool to be a part of this community. I love TTH - not a lot of people know who they are in Kansas City (except a guy I know who managed a Cabbages in 90s and a few other friends who moved here from New York State) so I am trying to spread the word a lot.
90LXCoupe
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by 90LXCoupe »

Hi all I'm from hamilton and am glad to be here. Looking forward to checking out the site. Thanks for having me.
Cynically Insane
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Cynically Insane »

Hello everybody.

I saw my first Hip show in 1991 (ish) who can remember and my last show was Buffalo 2015. I have seen them more than 50 times. They most definitely have provided the soundtrack to my life. I find it difficult to choose favourite songs. Instead I have certain songs that I equate with particular people or memories. And I have tonnes of great Hip memories.

I saw them once 94 ish, at the Toledo zoo ampitheatre. There were cheetahs behind a fence watching our specatcle in a cool juxtaposition. Our seats were crappy and I really wanted to be down front. Using my perceptive prowess, I watched as the guard to the lower bowl watched a fight about to break out. As soon as the first punch was thrown we darted down to the front. When we got there there were three people from Niagara I went to high school with who had snuck down too! It was such a great show.

By far though my best shows were outdoors. What I wouldn't give for a general admission show. My tickets for Hamilton (3) are all solos, so I can see the show but not with any of my friends. I miss Molson Park, Cayuga and Carlisle. Muddy feet, beer tents, fighting your way up front (briefly) and interacting with the other fans and the weather.

I look forward to getting to know the forum and hope to make some new friends.

Hip, Hip
britstones
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by britstones »

Hello. I just found this site recently, wish I'd discovered it sooner. The announcement about Gord has been quite gutting and my thoughts and prayers are with he and his family. The Hip have been my soundtrack since '89. I first remember hearing The Hip on a road trip from Vancouver to Seattle, after Up to Here was released. I've caught shows in Vancouver (Coliseum & Commodore Ballroom '2006 & UBC Stadium July 1, '91 & '95), Seattle (Moore Theatre 2000), Calgary (2006 1st Fiddlers Green show), Red Deer '99, Saskatoon (The arena '04, '13, & '15 & outdoors @ the Bessborough Gardens '07) & Edmonton (Rexall Place '96, '99, 2000, '04, '07 '13 & '15, Jubilee Auditorium '02 & '09 & Nothlands Outdoors). My favourite shows have been the small venues, especially the 4 show run at the Jub. in 2009. I've been very fortunate to get excellent seats to most of the shows I've attended, including the 2 upcoming Edmonton shows. I live in Wainwright, AB, which is 2-2 1/2 hours from Edmonton, Red Deer & Saskatoon, which has been great for catching multiple shows. I've got a wife and 2 young kids. Don't forget to visit the Live Show archive, it is a fantastic link and service!
Thank you
turnonthejets
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by turnonthejets »

Pete, longtime hip fan. Had to join, I've lurked a couple of times. Going to a show in August, first in a long time. I've been consumed by this news, this band, this tour....this massive outpouring of love from the country and community
Lizard King
The Last Recluse

Post by Lizard King »

turnonthejets wrote:Pete, longtime hip fan. Had to join, I've lurked a couple of times. Going to a show in August, first in a long time. I've been consumed by this news, this band, this tour....this massive outpouring of love from the country and community
they call me Doctor Love around these parts because im as warm as mcdonalds apple pie.

:welcome
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
carebread
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by carebread »

12 years later I realize I never posted in here. :lol:
Across The Causeway '04 | Big Music Fest '08 | Kingston '09 | Bobcaygeon '11 | Cobourg '13 | Bluesfest '13 | Danforth Music Hall '15 | Kingston '15 | Bluesfest '15 | Toronto I '16 | Toronto II '16 | Toronto III '16 | Hamilton '16 | Ottawa '16 | Kingston '16
Lizard King
The Last Recluse

Post by Lizard King »

carebread wrote:12 years later I realize I never posted in here. :lol:
:welcome
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”