Introduce Yerself

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

badmoon_22
New Maybe
New Maybe

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by badmoon_22 »

fingernailsonhull wrote:
badmoon_22 wrote:Hi there, longtime Hip fan just joining the discussion here. :)
:welcome
Thank you for the welcome...I'm also Jeff, from Calgary. :)
fingernailsonhull
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by fingernailsonhull »

Cool. Welcome aboard. I'm up in Edmonton, though raised in Ontario. Glad to have more Albertans on the Base.
Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
The Bastard
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by The Bastard »

Hi Guys & Gals,
My name is Bill and first heard 3 Pistols on WPLR here in New Haven, CT in the 90's. Liked the song so bought the album.
Since then have bought all albums, first cassettes, then cd's. Have seen them about a dozen times.
Turned on my wife to them, now she's a diehard hip fan. Saw 3 shows in 2009 and just got back from a 3 show tour in New York.
It's almost our little secret as so many people in the US have never even heard of them.
Quite a coincidence tho that my wife works at a retirement community here and one resident is best friends with Gordon Sinclair's Dad.

I love Canada and go every time I get an opportunity.
My second favorite band is OLP!! Also loved I Mother Earth when they were producing.
I seem to have a strange attraction to canadian music, rarely listen to anything else. Might be my French Canadian genes.
thebends
Completist
Completist

Post by thebends »

The Bastard wrote:My second favorite band is OLP!! Also loved I Mother Earth when they were producing.
Welcome to what we call 'round the campfire as "the base"!
P.S. IME is back and producing.
"we've only got three hundred feet to go ..."
chuckm
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by chuckm »

My name is Chuck. I live near sunny Seattle. I am a Jail Guard. I am married and currently raising the next generation of Hip fans, my two daughters. Nothing moves me like The Tragically Hip. My wife and I have been to many Hip shows here in Seattle, and are looking forward to this December's show.
Pipeline guy
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by Pipeline guy »

I was first introduced to The Hip by a coworker after Fully Completely had been released. Immediately snagged by the music, Gord's lyrics and his "on edge" performance both on record and live. Saw them at the Moore here in Seattle on that tour and haven't been able to see them since. Going to fix that December 7th and man I'm hyped!!
There is nothing like The Hip for me! They've been there through the Bush (George Bush) years saying exactly what I saw and felt, they've made me look inward at myself and the world around me, and put to words feelings I couldn't voice.
I am a better person by their songs!!!
HIP HIP HIP HIP!!
zoso990
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by zoso990 »

Hey hey!

I've been hanging around here for a while but not participating too much, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a relatively recent vinyl convert, and I have a steadily-growing collection of Hip vinyl. My collection consists of:

- The Tragically Hip EP (RCA Victor pressing)
- Up To Here (US promo pressing)
- Up To Here (Canadian pressing)
- Road Apples (German pressing), x2
- Road Apples (standard Canadian pressing)
- Fully Completely (Holland pressing)
- Trouble at the Henhouse (Canadian pressing), SEALED

- Courage 12" single
- Locked in the Trunk of a Car 12" single, x2
- Locked in the Trunk of a Car 12" single, MCA promo
- Small Town Bringdown 7" single

I am sorely lacking both Day For Night and Live Between Us.

Cheers and Merry Christmas! :thumb:
fingernailsonhull
Wheat King
Wheat King

zoso990 wrote:Hey hey!

I've been hanging around here for a while but not participating too much, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a relatively recent vinyl convert, and I have a steadily-growing collection of Hip vinyl. My collection consists of:

- The Tragically Hip EP (RCA Victor pressing)
- Up To Here (US promo pressing)
- Up To Here (Canadian pressing)
- Road Apples (German pressing), x2
- Road Apples (standard Canadian pressing)
- Fully Completely (Holland pressing)
- Trouble at the Henhouse (Canadian pressing), SEALED

- Courage 12" single
- Locked in the Trunk of a Car 12" single, x2
- Locked in the Trunk of a Car 12" single, MCA promo
- Small Town Bringdown 7" single

I am sorely lacking both Day For Night and Live Between Us.

Cheers and Merry Christmas! :thumb:
:welcome
Jeff

natedogg828
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by natedogg828 »

My name is Nathan, been listening to The Hip since "Up To Here" came out. I live in Cheektowaga, NY (outside Buffalo) with my wife and 4 kids (one is named Cordelia Grace) plus a dog and a mouse. First live show was the infamous SUNY at Buffalo show with the bad PA and shoe throwing and my latest were the abbreviated due to a little rain show at the Outer Harbor here in Buffalo and it's continuation 2 weeks later. Lost track but probably 11 or 12 inbetween.
negraeff
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by negraeff »

My name is Mike, I'm in Vancouver but grew up is Sk listening to the hip in university. Love some of those first three or four albums the best - takes me back!
foou
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by foou »

Hi All, I met a few members (and tapers) from here at the Toronto show on Wednesday, my 6th time seeing the Hip over the past 15 years. I lived in Kingston for 5 years but never saw any of the band members in public, only in concert in 2004 and onstage at several trews shows. This place looks like a great Hip fan page, glad to be a member here.
fingernailsonhull
Wheat King
Wheat King

foou wrote:Hi All, I met a few members (and tapers) from here at the Toronto show on Wednesday, my 6th time seeing the Hip over the past 15 years. I lived in Kingston for 5 years but never saw any of the band members in public, only in concert in 2004 and onstage at several trews shows. This place looks like a great Hip fan page, glad to be a member here.
Welcome, foou. Your first few posts need to be approved by moderators before they show up. It's just because we've had some spambot issues over the years. That's why you couldn't see this right away. I removed your duplicate post -- hope that's okay. Welcome to the Base.
Jeff

sean.bonner
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by sean.bonner »

foou wrote:Hi All, I met a few members (and tapers) from here at the Toronto show on Wednesday, my 6th time seeing the Hip over the past 15 years. I lived in Kingston for 5 years but never saw any of the band members in public, only in concert in 2004 and onstage at several trews shows. This place looks like a great Hip fan page, glad to be a member here.
That's kind of funny... my first day ever in Kingston, I saw Johnny loading a drum kit into the Hip vault...
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
RushFanForever
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by RushFanForever »

Hello I've been into The Tragically Hip for a few years. I submitted a first post but never got clarification on it yet.
john52il
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by john52il »

Hi I'm John, a teacher in Chicago. Been a big fan since '89 or '90. Saw the Hip seven times between '90 and '96, and took an 18 year hiatus, :(
Just saw the 2nd Chicago show and was blown away! Can't wait to see them again. Been buying a bunch of LPs, loving every one of 'em.