Introduce Yerself

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

Storm
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Storm »

Best part??? according to me it's the wrong part :P
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by »

Hello fellow Hip groupies! (Suppose that makes us Hippies.)
This is my second attempt at registering today. Oh what a day it has been. XD In fact, if things hadn't worked out the way they did, I probably wouldn't be here registering. I'd put it off. :P
But I am here. I would be 'killÇoolio', but my filter kept that account from happening. So here I am as KÇ, which is what I am often referred to as.
As for about myself, I am Canadian, and live in BC. Beautiful here. I've been to two Hip concerts; one at Skyreach in Kelowna, and one at the Multiplex in Vernon for the IVL tour. I'm Paul's cousin, so I got to go backstage! :D!
The Vernon concert changed my life, I'd say. I was talking to Gord, and he asked me if I was in a band or anything. I wasn't. So he told me to play guitar, he said I'd like it. On my keyring necklace thing, he wrote "Ryan. Play guitar." That summer I picked up a guitar and started fiddling around. Couldn't play squat. :wink: But I asked my dad to teach me some, and I've progressed alot. Been playing for six months! Woo!
And that's some of my story. Hello!

CanuckCourage
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by CanuckCourage »

Hey welcome to Hipbase KC :thumb: , that Vernon show was my first Hip show . :D
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by »

Awesome! Thank you!

Kim
Sherpa
Sherpa

Post by Kim »

Welcome to Hipbase ! :thumb:
Best part??? according to me it's the wrong part
:roll: :roll: those Northerners just don't get it....
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hugh23 »

Welcome to the Hipbase Rudolficus and KC! Our community continues to grow at a steady pace. Can someone tell me what is the mystical draw between the Dutch and The Hip?

KC, you have an interesting bloodline. Maybe Gord knows that Paul is very talented and feels that some of his talent is in your genes. Maybe he saw something similar in both you and Paul which inspired him to tell you to try the guitar??? Very interesting meeting with Gord nonetheless.

I'm glad you both decided to join us.
Beat
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Beat »

I think a lot of Dutch people have good taste in music Hugh. A lot of bands from the US or Canada are pretty wellknown here, more than in other countries. For example, Counting Crows, John Mellencamp and Buffalo Tom have quite a lot of fans here, as well as of course The Hip. I don't mean that they are in the top 100 regularly, hell almost never, but a select group of people are interested in good music :)

Welcome KC :thumb:
Storm
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by Storm »

Holland is such a small country so we're used to import things from overseas.. We did in the past and we still do... Including music... :D
Hugh23
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Hugh23 »

Well I'm glad for all the Dutch, Canadian and American fans that make up the Hipbase. It does seem like a diverse group. I wonder after The Hip's new CD is released if the band will remain the well kept secret that it is now. Don't ask me why, but I just feel that they may come up with a top ten chart hit in the U.S. and become much more popular.
writingonthewall
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by writingonthewall »

Hello Everyone!!

Love the hip base and glad to be here. I'm Chad from Hamilton(OSKEE WEE WEE). I'm a "big road" technician. I am 28 and have loved The Hip since I was fifteen. I have seen them 20+ times and now have lost count. I have travelled as far as New York city to see them and would have loved to see them over seas(amsterdam possibly). Do you people think that The Hip will put out many more albums if any? Has anyone ever heard a New Orleans Is Sinking bootleg where gord rants that he is a lighthouse keeper in a channel in The Soviat and he pushes a button blowing up a nuclear powered submarine. I used to have it. It was bought of a guy at the first day of the first road side attraction in Markham Ontario. Please get back to me with any info. Oh Yeah lovin all gords solo stuff.Its great . Seen him at the Steam Whistle Brewery last year. Wish I had went to see him on this tour. I hope they do one more show in Toronto. If anyone knows anything please get back to me. CHAD
[email protected]
si
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by si »

Hello, all. I'm Simon....and yeah.
Nice to be here.
Beat
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Beat »

Welcome Simon! Good to see New Zealand is represented here :thumb:
jen
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by jen »

Yes Welcome!! :jump
hipkid33
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by hipkid33 »

The more the merrier. Nice to see another country represented here! Welcome! :thumb:

Cheers!

Chad
VioletlightHeron
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by VioletlightHeron »

Hello all, I'm Chris from the beer and cheese capital of the world, Milwaukee, Wisconsin! :lol: I'm a junior at UW-Milwaukee studying international relations and plotting to take over the world in my spare time (Pinky and The Brain are my idols! :thumb: :jump )I'm 27 and have been a Hip fan since 1999. i got into the Hip with the help of a fellow Rush fan. The story of how i actually got to be a Rush fan is quite funny, cause it was all an accident :P At my eighth grade graduation party eons ago, there was a really cool song playing at the dance and I asked a bunch of "cool" guys who the song was by and they told me sarcastically it was Rush. Being the naive nebish I was I believed them and went out and bought Presto..the rest is history! :lol: Never did find out the name of that song. When I'm not swamped with homework I love to listen to music, read a ton of fantasy and mystery novels( insert bookwormish laugh here), fencing, basketball and skiing.