Introduce Yerself

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

Smokey
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Smokey »

HEY, Im JIM, live in BUF within walking distance to the border. Grew up in S. Ontario / BUF and love the area. I work, work, work and work some more. I work with aircrafts moving cargo around the globe.

Why do I love the HIP? MUSIC, LYRICS and the LIVE SHOW. I have been to shows as far back as I can remember and I will continue to go for as far as I can see in the future.

I am still trying to figure out how to put a signature on my posts to put my shows on it.
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

The link that Hipbase used to provide is no longer active.

And I can't find a link from thehip.com. I thought there was one, but I may be mistaken.
TrishfromOhio
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by TrishfromOhio »

Nice place you have here.
I'm Trish, I'm from Ohio.

I discovered The Hip in '01, had a Canadian b/f whose Up to Here tape got stuck in my cassette player for 1,200 miles.
Have loved them ever since.
The Horrible Esthete
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by The Horrible Esthete »

:welcome, fellow Buckeye!

O-H
Porsche Racer
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by Porsche Racer »

My name is Doc, and I have been a Hip fan since ~1990 (when I heard the album, Up to Here). I live in Atlanta with my wife and her cats. :D

It's a bit lonely being a Hip fan in the SE of the U.S. Nonetheless, I have many of the Hip recordings on vinyl and every album on CD (including Hipeponymous).

I think the new album, We Are the Same, to be an excellent recording.

Doc
SmilinSkullRing
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by SmilinSkullRing »

Hi, my name is Kelly. I've known of The Hip because of Fiddler's Green for a few years, but just didn't check them out. Have become quite the fan in the last year. 8) I live in Missouri, and I haven't had a chance to see them live yet. I'm really hoping for an Ottawa show, but I'll need to find tickets. :jump It's actually one of the reasons I've signed up here.
TheTravellingMan
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by TheTravellingMan »

Hey everyone,
I'm Austin from Buffalo and I've been lurking around here for a couple months. I became a fan of the Hip my sophomore year in high school, got their cd from my Dad and listened to the entirety of Day for Night between wrestling matches at a tournament. 6 years later and I find myself a fanatic. I finally saw them for the first time at the Art Park shows this year (Got to catch 3 of the 4!) and then again at Rochester. And now I can't wait for Salamanca. I see it's easy to become addicted.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.
mojo_mattv
Completist
Completist

Post by mojo_mattv »

TheTravellingMan wrote: I see it's easy to become addicted.
Oh, you have no idea, lol. Welcome!
chris
The Last Recluse

Post by chris »

TheTravellingMan wrote:Hey everyone,
I'm Austin from Buffalo and I've been lurking around here for a couple months. I became a fan of the Hip my sophomore year in high school, got their cd from my Dad and listened to the entirety of Day for Night between wrestling matches at a tournament. 6 years later and I find myself a fanatic. I finally saw them for the first time at the Art Park shows this year (Got to catch 3 of the 4!) and then again at Rochester. And now I can't wait for Salamanca. I see it's easy to become addicted.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.
Welcome! Check out http://www.thehiptracker.com for audio and/or DVD recordings of a couple of the ArtPark shows.
scorchedearth
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by scorchedearth »

Hello everyone,

I'm Jake and I live in Virginia. I am a transplanted Canadian and have been a Hip fan for years.

Cheers.
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

Austin and Jake :welcome
BIGVDOGG
Completist
Completist

Post by BIGVDOGG »

Just realized its been 3 years to the day that I joined hipbase.Hi Im Vic and Im a Hipaholic.Im a dad of 2 beautiful daughters,and am married to a wonderful(hipfan) wife. My allegiance to the band goes back to the early days,and am grateful for the longevity of their career.I dont have a favourite song as every song has its place in my life.I stumbled upon this site one night drunk,connected through the bands website when I caught wind of the band playing in Belleville at the Empire 06.To be honest I had not been too much into the band since 95 even though I had seen them 10x between 96-06.That show in Belleville and finding this site brought me back to the love that I always had for The Hip.Its this community that keeps me connected to the band.I have met a bunch of great people over the last 3 years,have had the freedom to tape shows openly,and have seen the best shows I have ever seen. My wife has been with me for 5 shows and loves the band! I cant wait to take my daughter(s) to a show.These guys are top notch dudes and I will 4ever be indebted for their influence.
let_me_out
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by let_me_out »

Hi. My name is Matt and I'm an alcoholic. Oh wait, wrong forum.
:lol:

I'm from Toronto, born and raised. I'm big into cars (mainly muscle), movies, music, and of course Canadian women. I work at a car dealership selling parts.

Girlfriend doesn't like the hip. It truly upsets me that she doesn't like my favourite band, so I'll work forever on changing that if I have to.

Anyways, know I'll have a good time here, have been lurking for a little while and finally gave in to temptation.

Cheers!
Matt

P.S. My nickname are the words I long to hear from Gord's mouth. 6 shows and so far no luck, but have yet to be disappointed by the songs I HAVE heard so i keep going back. Love is a curse.
NegPhil
Hipbase Staff
Hipbase Staff

Post by NegPhil »

:welcome
pixitroth
New Maybe
New Maybe

Post by pixitroth »

Why hello you all! Err right hate doing the intro thing :oops:
I'm Pixi from England United Kingdom,love the green smiley with cheesy grin,guess i'm one :mrgreen:
Anyways love TheHip,totally fuckin' awesome!Saw 'em,well heard 'em for first time on TPB the movie as Bobcaygeon plays the film out!Never looked back since!