Where is everyone from?

New to the Community?
*Note* You must Register to get access to the rest of the community.

Moderator: Moderators

kleh
DareDevil
DareDevil

Post by kleh »

born in scarborough, raised on prince edward island, lived in vancouver for just over a year
Jenna_Bird
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by Jenna_Bird »

Hrmm. How have I never noticed this thread until now? I'm from Wilmington, Delaware, which is about 20 minutes south of Philadelphia. I go Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York. I'm a senior, so after I graduate in May, who knows where I'll end up.

-Jenna
gentoo
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by gentoo »

Yeah, I somehow missed this before as well.

Born and raised in Arlington, Virginia, just across the river from Washington DC. Now live a tad further west in Reston, near Dulles Airport. If any of you are flying there give me a wave, because more than likely you'll be over my house sometime during your approach. :)
habsfan19
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by habsfan19 »

I'm from PEI, born and raised, living in Ottawa now(past 3-4 years), working, 2 classes to finish at school this year to get my diploma, then who knows
willthenurse
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by willthenurse »

I just saw this too...

I am originally from Paris, ON, Can, I had lived In Hamilton ON for a few years of "education", and now reside in beautiful (sic) Yuba City California.

{I think you use the (sic) when something is inappropriate? you english peeps let me know what that means)...anyway, Yuba aint that pretty, but the area around it is!}

anyway, I just moved out to Cali about 3 months ago, cant wait to see the Hip down here.

~Will.
Detrious
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by Detrious »

Well seeing as everyone else is just noticing this thread again, I will too.

I am in the almost Hip free country England, in the north east in a coastal town called Whitley Bay.

D
Still picking up the elderly from the floor, still dealing with the drunks, now wrestling seals and posting it on twitter.. @richardilderton
'Whoops' is not a word the patient wants to hear...apparently
lilbones
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by lilbones »

Born and raised in Thornhill, Ont., home to Hayden, the Golden Star and The Promenade Shopping Mall.
smadabeer
Groupie In Training
Groupie In Training

Post by smadabeer »

Born in Brantford, ON raised in Edmonton, AB\Brantford now living in Pittsburgh,PA
D-man
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by D-man »

lilbones wrote:Born and raised in Thornhill, Ont., home to Hayden, the Golden Star and The Promenade Shopping Mall.
I have determined that The Golden Star may be the best eatery in existance. :thumb:

On a side note, I was born in Grand Falls, Nl, and now live in loverly Etobicoke, ON.
emperor penguin
Wheat King
Wheat King

Post by emperor penguin »

Born in Brantford Ontario, live in a smalltown just outside of it
senschic
Experienced Groupie
Experienced Groupie

Post by senschic »

smadabeer wrote:Born in Brantford, ON raised in Edmonton, AB\Brantford now living in Pittsburgh,PA
Are you enjoying the burgh? I can't wait to get back :D
scottitude
Hipbase Groupie
Hipbase Groupie

Post by scottitude »

Even though it sorta says in my profile, here's a visual perspective...

Some would call it the "Lap of the Lakes".
1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
Chris Tanz
Completist
Completist

Post by Chris Tanz »

willthenurse wrote:{I think you use the (sic) when something is inappropriate? you english peeps let me know what that means)...anyway, Yuba aint that pretty, but the area around it is!}
Couldn't pass up an invitation like this.

Use [sic], latin for "thus" or "as it is written", to indicate that you are taking directly from an original source, although you may question it's accuracy or correctness or although it may be manifestly incorrect or erroneous, such as a spelling error in the original. Also use [sic] to indicate that what may appear to be incorrect, is in fact correct.

e.g. The poster read "The Tragicaly [sic] Hip Live Between Us"
e.g. My neighbour, Gordon Downey [sic], is a former physics teacher.

And so, yeah, I'm a big nerd from Toronto (North York), originally from here, making stops along the way in Kingston (3 years) and Edinburgh (1 year).

ct
willthenurse
Advanced Groupie
Advanced Groupie

Post by willthenurse »

I thought it would be you who would answer this! LOL

thanks. :thumb:
~WIll

Chris Tanz wrote:
willthenurse wrote:{I think you use the (sic) when something is inappropriate? you english peeps let me know what that means)...anyway, Yuba aint that pretty, but the area around it is!}
Couldn't pass up an invitation like this.

Use [sic], latin for "thus" or "as it is written", to indicate that you are taking directly from an original source, although you may question it's accuracy or correctness or although it may be manifestly incorrect or erroneous, such as a spelling error in the original. Also use [sic] to indicate that what may appear to be incorrect, is in fact correct.

e.g. The poster read "The Tragicaly [sic] Hip Live Between Us"
e.g. My neighbour, Gordon Downey [sic], is a former physics teacher.

And so, yeah, I'm a big nerd from Toronto (North York), originally from here, making stops along the way in Kingston (3 years) and Edinburgh (1 year).

ct
Tragically American
Advanced New Maybe
Advanced New Maybe

Post by Tragically American »

wow :shock:

There are a ton of canadiens on this board :shock: :shock:

I never knew canada was big on music!!!!

myself

I am from Stafegion, Alabama :thumb: